About male and female sound effects and bnk repackaging

k886860

Hi. I have succeeded in extracting sound effects using sound editor 2019.
The sound effect file is sfx_e_s.pck.
When I open the file with an editor, click id 881846487 in the english (us) field and export it as a bnk file.
I downloaded this bnk file through the link at the address below
(http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/488138-how-to-create-voice-mods-914-version-and-onward/ )
When uncompressed with wem file, nearly 1300 sound effects wem files are extracted.
The extracted wem file was converted twice.
The first was converted to ogg and the second was converted to wav.
And I played wav files one by one, and listened to simple sound effects and male and female voices.
There were about 100 voices for each match by gender.
While extracting and listening to it, I noticed that there are so many voices that I have never heard of while playing the game.
I extracted the voice of wrestle angel survivor 1 and 2, a ps2 game that was released a long time ago, and stored it as wav.
Someday I wanted this wav file to replace the voice of the wwe2k series.
There are voice data that can be used in many situations, such as the sound of a blow when hitting, the sound of a slam and drop or attempt, a pinfall, and a submission.
I succeeded in replacing the voice of wrestle angels with the same voice wem file of wwe2k19, but repackaging it as a bnk file failed.
I think it's well worth a try if that's possible.
Finally, wwe2k19 still seems to be incomplete.
I don't know if it's an engine problem or something else that prevents so many sound effects from playing during the game, but if someone knows the answer, let's discuss it together.

here wrestle angels voice file link :

https://mega.nz/file/jxIGkJ7Q#kE1UEIWHidnAOG7GpwHWSK3_RhwWACyWGHFDLJOZsZ8

Edited by k886860
  • Like 2

Hi,

First I will commend you for the work done so far.

Modifying the soundbank data in the 2k series has been a big challenge for years and is one grey area we haven't been able to figure out.

Rebuilding the bnk files is one amonst many.

You have mentioned there are many unused sounds in the game, but they will not play if they are not assigned to events in the game. Nothing to do with the engine. Some sounds were used for an event in previous 2k games but not removed. Assigning them to game events is done with the WWISE Engine and we haven't been able to figure that out.

For instance a chainsaw sound assigned to play in a particular entrance. This sound will not play in any other event.

The sound files in the pac \audio folder, the startup_audio files in the root folder contain data which assigns these sounds to various events in the game.

There are a few bits we've been able to figure from the sound_p30.pac file out like commentary , ring announcer data, sounds for moves etc but not how this data links to the ID's in the pck files. I will say progress in this regard is still far off.

Edited by squaredcirclefan