TUTORIAL: COMBINING ARENA MODS

mattfick

4 hours ago, eggman718 said:

This is exactly the tutorial I've been looking for.  This is awesome. Thank you!

going to make another one in the next few days "re-assigning arena slots"

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 2

I have just discovered that I have several vanilla arenas where the Superstar will walk through the floor or appear walking in mid-air above the ramp. In the 205 Live arena, I even noticed the corner barricades appearing side ways. I've only installed two previous arena mods (Smackdown on FOX and NXT UK)

I haven't used your instructions yet, as I haven't installed any new arenas yet. But, I am assuming that, the method you show here would have prevented me from having this issue? Is what I am experiencing a result of these differences you're pointing out and resolving in the two WrestleMINUS windows you're editing?

Just want to be certain before I dig out my vanilla back ups. 

Edited by CyberOcelot

9 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

I have just discovered that I have several vanilla arenas where the Superstar will walk through the floor or appear walking in mid-air above the ramp. In the 205 Live arena, I even noticed the corner barricades appearing side ways. I've only installed two previous arena mods (Smackdown on FOX and NXT UK)

I haven't used your instructions yet, as I haven't installed any new arenas yet. But, I am assuming that, the method you show here would have prevented me from having this issue? Is what I am experiencing a result of these differences you're pointing out and resolving in the two WrestleMINUS windows you're editing?

Just want to be certain before I dig out my vanilla back ups. 

that is all in misc01 (STAGE and BAR)

Edited by mattfick
  • Like 1

I followed these instructions and installed the wm2000 arena, the set shows up, but the ring, logos, and barricades are all from the previous mod that I used (i used a mod that replaced all arenas).

Would that not have happened if I installed this over a vanilla game? I'm assuming that the new mod I installed didn't include the ring area, so it kept the ones from my previous mod?

50 minutes ago, eggman718 said:

I followed these instructions and installed the wm2000 arena, the set shows up, but the ring, logos, and barricades are all from the previous mod that I used (i used a mod that replaced all arenas).

Would that not have happened if I installed this over a vanilla game? I'm assuming that the new mod I installed didn't include the ring area, so it kept the ones from my previous mod?

if u had a mod that replaced all arenas, then you probably are missing some assets

• Like 1

Massive thanks for this tutorial. In terms of the actual pac files of the arena mods, how do I change what arena slot they're set too? For example, could I set your WrestleMania 22 arena to one of the empty slots or to another arena slot so that it doesn't overwrite Takeover: Chicago like how Abhilash's 2K15-2K18 arena mod works? 

Edited by Wrestling Warrior

15 minutes ago, Wrestling Warrior said:

Massive thanks for this tutorial. In terms of the actual pac files of the arena mods, how do I change what arena slot they're set too? For example, could I set your WrestleMania 22 arena to one of the empty slots or to another arena slot so that it doesn't overwrite Takeover: Chicago like how Abhilash's 2K15-2K18 arena mod works? 

i have a tutorial on that coming soon, within the next few days

On 2/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, mattfick said:

that is all in misc01 (STAGE and BAR)

So, I finally got around to tackling this. For the Smackdown on Fox arena, looks like everything matches in the misc01 file. There was only a slight difference in misc04 ("Fence" needed to be changed to 21 from 20). Likely not the culprit.

I wanted to move on and check on the NXT UK arena by Titavius, but it didn't come with a misc 01 file. Just misc04. I then realized, I can't figure out which line in misc04 is for Metropolitan Center (NXT UK replaces that one).  Arena numbers dont appear to match up in misc01 and misc04.

How can I decipher which arena I'm editing in misc04? 

1 hour ago, CyberOcelot said:

So, I finally got around to tackling this. For the Smackdown on Fox arena, looks like everything matches in the misc01 file. There was only a slight difference in misc04 ("Fence" needed to be changed to 21 from 20). Likely not the culprit.

I wanted to move on and check on the NXT UK arena by Titavius, but it didn't come with a misc 01 file. Just misc04. I then realized, I can't figure out which line in misc04 is for Metropolitan Center (NXT UK replaces that one).  Arena numbers dont appear to match up in misc01 and misc04.

How can I decipher which arena I'm editing in misc04? 

pac/arena/entrance/ ARENTRANCExxxxx is the slot number if in doubt

so in misc04, its the ARENANUM that identifies the slot number

misc01 its the first SELECTNUM that identifies the slot number

Edited by mattfick

1 hour ago, mattfick said:

pac/arena/entrance/ ARENTRANCExxxxx is the slot number if in doubt

Thank you!

[For others who are new to this like me, it looks like column "SelectNum" represents the Arena Number / Slot Number.]

Looks like everything matches up in all the misc04 files for me too. So, I must have a more deep seeded issue.

I just reviewed the instructions for the Smackdown on Fox arena, and I see it says to copy/paste the whole pac folder into the game directory. Inside of that folder is the root folder. So I likely followed those instructions and overwrote my root folder with his. 

Could copy/pasting someone else's root folder cause issues like I'm having? His Smackdown arena works flawlessly for me, but it seems that several other arenas are the ones affected (ie: 205 Live, Night of Champions '10, etc...)

2 minutes ago, CyberOcelot said:

Thank you!

[For others who are new to this like me, it looks like column "SelectNum" represents the Arena Number / Slot Number.]

Looks like everything matches up in all the misc04 files for me too. So, I must have a more deep seeded issue.

I just reviewed the instructions for the Smackdown on Fox arena, and I see it says to copy/paste the whole pac folder into the game directory. Inside of that folder is the root folder. So I likely followed those instructions and overwrote my root folder with his. 

Could copy/pasting someone else's root folder cause issues like I'm having? His Smackdown arena works flawlessly for me, but it seems that several other arenas are the ones affected (ie: 205 Live, Night of Champions '10, etc...)

yes. in the video i explicitly state DO NOT install the root folder

10 minutes ago, mattfick said:

yes. in the video i explicitly state DO NOT install the root folder

Yeah, that's why I asked. That must be it. At the time of install, I didn't know better and followed the instructions that came with the mod. 

I still have my vanilla files. Hopefully I can recover. Thanks for all the help! :)

19 hours ago, mattfick said:

ok, can you list all the arena mods you have on your game?

I only had NXT UK, and Smackdown on Fox. 

I just finished pulling my original vanilla misc01 and misc04 files, and then doing the edits as you instructed. I've tested all of the vanilla arenas that presented issues, and it looks like everything is back to working great now. Thanks so much for taking the time to help! :)

Edited by CyberOcelot

• 2 years later...

I can't get this to work for the life of me. Every single time i try to install a MY ERA's arena, for some reason i always either get half of it.....or i just get the logo's.....Nothing works. I cant be the only one going through this. All these amazing arenas and i can't seem to get a true understanding of how to completely install them......im late with this, i know. But the tutorials i found are just hideous to follow lol....this is nuts that im going through this. Maybe because i just never focused on it