(Alpha Build) CakeTools for WWE 2K20 [v0.976a] ... & 3DSMAX Scripts

HanleysFramer

Working on a model merger to allow physics objects like hairs to be included with 3DS mesh imports. CAS models share the same model format so adding hairs should be simple.

QoK9Rpb.png

nYpeCUW.png

7 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

I got crashes on importing Dakota Kai's attire mdl. 

https://imgur.com/XGDA9BI

Is this cuz of the hair bones? The replacement still worked but I had to guess the :skinned names since I couldn't import the original.

Also is there anyway to set alpha yet? I got a top that needs transparency

Most likely a hair thing, I would guess. You can use a mdl that has a transparency object and copy its mtls and :skin name. Alphas are used in the _color maps.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HanleysFramer said:

Working on a model merger to allow physics objects like hairs to be included with 3DS mesh imports. CAS models share the same model format so adding hairs should be simple.

QoK9Rpb.png

nYpeCUW.png

Most likely a hair thing, I would guess. You can use a mdl that has a transparency object and copy its mtls and :skin name. Alphas are used in the _color maps.

So currently there's no way to ADD alphas, just find an mdl that has the same amount i need? Gotcha, I'll have to do some digging I guess...

Here's my first mod. Dakota Kai from NXT 1/27/21. Once I figure out alpha for the top, it'll be perfect SDYqL4f.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello, First of all thank you very much for this tool, I started making some minor mods but i have a huge issue.

I tryed to edit the string_win.pac file and i put it into my bakedfile06.cak file but now the game crashes at the credits screen.

Is there a way to delete the folder instead of re-creating my entire file with my little mods? I took hours yesterday of making my custom archive.

And again a big thank you for this awesome tool, looking forward for the updates. :)

15 minutes ago, BryanRiottRKO said:

Hello, First of all thank you very much for this tool, I started making some minor mods but i have a huge issue.

I tryed to edit the string_win.pac file and i put it into my bakedfile06.cak file but now the game crashes at the credits screen.

Is there a way to delete the folder instead of re-creating my entire file with my little mods? I took hours yesterday of making my custom archive.

And again a big thank you for this awesome tool, looking forward for the updates. :)

You can't delete, so what I'm doing is I downloaded bakedfile07 and bakedfile06. 

I made a fresh backup of bakedfile07. What I do is, I inject into bakedfile07 when i'm testing and working on a mod. Then when it's finished and I know it works 100%, I'm re-injected into bakedfile06, and restoring the clean backup of 07.

Hanleys, is there anyway to toggle what is entrance gear? 8HBtHQX.jpg 

35 minutes ago, BryanRiottRKO said:

Think I see the fix here. Try the following:

-Rename your original "string_win.pac" file to "string_win.pac.raw" or anything that ends in ".raw".  

-Use the IMPORT button and select the raw file and it should import without reformatting.

Most files have to undergo a reformatting process of sorts before they're imported with a select few exclusions like .bk2's. Pac files seem to not require it as well. I added a flag while testing on files that have the ".raw" extension to be processed without compression or reformatting for debugging so this could work as a workaround for now. This is an easy fix I can patch in the next update. Let me know if this works for you, sorry for the inconvenience.

19 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

You can't delete, so what I'm doing is I downloaded bakedfile07 and bakedfile06. 

I made a fresh backup of bakedfile07. What I do is, I inject into bakedfile07 when i'm testing and working on a mod. Then when it's finished and I know it works 100%, I'm re-injected into bakedfile06, and restoring the clean backup of 07.

Hanleys, is there anyway to toggle what is entrance gear? 8HBtHQX.jpg 

Didn't think to look into this until you posted this lol. I have an idea, either embedded in the mdl or Characters19Mapping. I'll do my best to take a look when I can.

Edited by HanleysFramer

Ya I thought it was something the game already toggles which is why you didn't post about it in your video. I thought if I already replaced her entrance gear it would come off. I guess not since your mesh names become M_Outfit 

BTW the import script completely fails on arena mdls. Is this because they are missing bones?  If so is it possible to still export them? 

13 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Ya I thought it was something the game already toggles which is why you didn't post about it in your video. I thought if I already replaced her entrance gear it would come off. I guess not since your mesh names become M_Outfit 

BTW the import script completely fails on arena mdls. Is this because they are missing bones?  If so is it possible to still export them? 

So I think I got the attire flag down. I tweaked my 3DS script to allow you to alter specific model flags:

- An "!" at the end of the name means this is an entrance attire part.

- A "." followed by a name like "M_Jacket" or "M_Shoes" alters the internal mesh name.

- If you don't specify a mesh name, it defaults to "M_Outfit".

This is also linked to the mtls file so items might appear invisible if you specify a mesh name that the original mdl didn't have. I'm going to be leaving this project for a bit, so if anyone else wants to try to reverse those be my guest.

kQeem5j.png

I altered CT itself a bit too to allow you to see what flag a model has. These seem to vary a bit but 1 and 0 are the only ones i've messed with for now. This zip has the new script and CT.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/znip1mapfiq3jr2/CakeTools_970b.zip/file

1 hour ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Can you add a search function?

Yes, but after v1.0 and packaged mod installs get patched in.

Hi, I went to wrap Charlotte's head and I couldn't because Wrap3D kept giving me an isolated vertice error. In Max it shows there's 3 on her head. Unfortunately, heads in 2k20 vary in vert count, so I can't just use any head.

Do you know of this isolated vert thing happens with more heads?

EDIT: Just tried with two different heads. Same result, bummer. No face anims for me for now I guess

Edited by Pepsiguy2

2 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Hi, I went to wrap Charlotte's head and I couldn't because Wrap3D kept giving me an isolated vertice error. In Max it shows there's 3 on her head. Unfortunately, heads in 2k20 vary in vert count, so I can't just use any head.

Do you know of this isolated vert thing happens with more heads?

EDIT: Just tried with two different heads. Same result, bummer. No face anims for me for now I guess

Beth Pheonix's head mesh works. Guess it varies on topo. I only tested this before on Gargano so I assumed they'd all be manifold. If you middle mouse click on the geo node, you can quickly check if it's a valid mesh based on it's flags.

Edited by HanleysFramer

8 minutes ago, HanleysFramer said:

Beth Pheonix's head mesh works. Guess it varies on topo. I only tested this before on Gargano so I assumed they'd all be manifold. If you middle mouse click on the geo node, you can quickly check if it's a valid mesh based on it's flags.

At first I get the Manifold error, and i tried RepairGeom and it caused the disconnected polys. Tried re-exporting with Max and same result. Is there something I'm missing?

iqgoOit.png

Model Merger is now available in the CT tools tab or you can launch the application standalone as well. To use this, you can either click open and select an MDL file or drag and drop a file into the table. Best usage for me with this is to look for an object I want in the CAS folder and grab the mdl to merge with. If you edit the data, you can also change the default flags/ID's once it's merged. If you import with a ycl, your model gets proper physics (at times the other baseModel mdl in the Char folder could conflict with the physics. You can export a new baseModel from 3DS to fix this). I've only tested on attire mdl's so there might be issues on arena or baseModel merges. If your base MDL already has hair bones from a different hair in its skeleton, this might also affect the result.

CakeTools v0.973a:
- Added CakeTools Model Merger tool (works standalone as well).
- Added Model Flag data to MDL tab.
- Altered Import function for wavefront imports.
- Packaged 3DSMax Scripts alongside CT.

3DSMAX tools:
- Fixed hair and female MDL rigs.
- Added Data Class detection for higher bone counts.
- Changed default Data Class on 3DS export.
- Added 3DSMax check for attire flags. (View ST post for more info.)

Release link: https://github.com/HanleysFramer/CakeTools-AlphaPreview/releases/tag/v0.973

50 minutes ago, HanleysFramer said:

iqgoOit.png

Model Merger is now available in the CT tools tab or you can launch the application standalone as well. To use this, you can either click open and select an MDL file or drag and drop a file into the table. Best usage for me with this is to look for an object I want in the CAS folder and grab the mdl to merge with. If you import with a ycl, your model gets proper physics (at times the other baseModel mdl in the Char folder could conflict with the physics. You can export a new baseModel from 3DS to fix this). I've only tested on attire mdl's so there might be issues on arena or baseModel merges. If your base MDL already has hair bones from a different hair in its skeleton, this might also affect the result.

CakeTools v0.973a:
- Added CakeTools Model Merger tool (works standalone as well).
- Added Model Flag data to MDL tab.
- Altered Import function for wavefront imports.
- Packaged 3DSMax Scripts alongside CT.

3DSMAX tools:
- Fixed hair and female MDL rigs.
- Added Data Class detection for higher bone counts.
- Changed default Data Class on 3DS export.
- Added 3DSMax check for attire flags:

- An "!" at the end of the name means this is an entrance attire part.

- A "." followed by a name like "M_Jacket" or "M_Shoes" alters the internal mesh name.

- If you don't specify a mesh name, it defaults to "M_Outfit".

Release link: https://github.com/HanleysFramer/CakeTools-AlphaPreview/releases/tag/v0.973

I should mention this is my actual last update for at least a month or so. Thanks to everyone who's given feedback and reported any bugs, and much much thanks to anyone who was kind enough to donate <3. ✌️✌️

Edited by HanleysFramer
  • Like 1

One last update before I leave for a bit: 

Added a MTLs maker tool. It should auto generate a mtls file when you drag and drop a mdl file. If your file is called "jacket" in 3DSMAX, your textures will be jacket_color, jacket_normal, etc. Also, added a props script for arena models. 

CakeTools v0.976a:
- Added check if file is already open or if game is running.
- Added "hair_ALPHA" texture name fix in MTLsEditor.
- Contains embedded CT fonts and OBJ fix.
- Added toggle for DXT5 modes.
- Added CakeTools MtlsEditor tool (works standalone as well).

3DSMAX tools:
- Added export script for arena objects and props.

Link: https://github.com/HanleysFramer/CakeTools-AlphaPreview/releases

Big thanks to @Pepsiguy2 for helping me test out and iron out any issues with the program.

Edited by HanleysFramer
  • Woo 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, xdwin_10 said:

but how to download the tool when i click the link... it does not shows the download button. i can't find the button for download.....

For the people who do not have eyes, apparently.

myPGBgR.png

dude but when i tried to import a dds file of roman reigns tattoo for replacing the existing incomplete tattoo the software suddenly stops working [glitch]

pls help with that..

On 4/6/2021 at 6:15 AM, xdwin_10 said:

dude but when i tried to import a dds file of roman reigns tattoo for replacing the existing incomplete tattoo the software suddenly stops working [glitch]

pls help with that..

I also wanna know about that was gonna do the same do have the .dds file i could try to get it to work id say make sure its the same size and using the new format stuff

Edited by Twistedmisery666™
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi , well thanks for making such a powerful breakthrough. Well in my case the tool give me some problem which i am not sure if it's by design or was it actually there.

my goal was to change the following file 

bakedfile04.cak/Features/Showcase/ShowcaseMatchesDLC01.jsfb 

So after making changes I replicated Features/Showcase whole folder (including inside 2k20 and it's subfolders along with files) in bakedfile06.cak (provided with cake tool). After placing that file in game directory, I launched the game from Cake tools. But when i went for Originals tab it start loading but never completed, it was a blank screen for ever (game was not hanged but wasn't responding either) after some time I closed the game and tried again with same result.

by the way besides Showcase i didn't copy any other folder (like Seasons, MyPlayer etc) because my goal was to overwrite only this one. Anyway then I inserted my changed file back in bakedfile04.cak (game original file) and after a long time Cake tool returned and file was inserted. This time my changes work successfully. (Do the additional files only work for arenas / character mods ) ?

Note : Cake tool succeeded but I didn't ;) as my intention was to replace finn balor with some other character but it only changed the match screen :), I will try again but am afraid that they have hard coded something. 

I was thinking about attempting some animation transfer in Animations folder but I will be adding new, not replacing older animation.

One more thing, last time I tried making changes to bones, but I think then this functionality wasn't there and every time my changes in bones were dropped, and only OBJ changes were there. Are bone changes functional, so I give it some more tries.

Edited by sidkaramat

• 4 months later...

I have couple of questions?

Is there a way to create a blank .cak file?

I was unable to delete a file from a .cak file  (using CakeTools2021_v0977a) is there a way to delete an injected file?

Is there a way to extract all the files from the .cak files (including the folders) at the same time?

similar thing as above can I inject everything back in the cak file (including folders)?