(Alpha Build) CakeTools for WWE 2K20 [v0.976a] ... & 3DSMAX Scripts

HanleysFramer

(If you found this tool in any way useful, I would highly recommend you consider donating any amount. This was a solo project. I've put a good amount of time reversing many of the new file types from the ground up and incorporating them into in a GUI. )  Donation Link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SafeAndAlsoNoBeer 

CakeTools is a WIP tool for working on .CAK archives used in WWE 2K20. It contains functionality for inserting, importing, exporting, and replacing files within a .CAK archive. There are basic MDL! operations for working on 3D file types used in WWE 2K20.  Included are scripts for importing and exporting MDL files into 3DSMAX 2020.

I've been sitting on this for a while but haven't released due to a lack of a few key features that would ease the workflow, however since i'm not in actively developing this tool right now I figured I should release what I got so people can mess around with the assets. It is not a fully polished tool currently so be forewarned not everything will work correctly. This tool will also not be actively recieving updates for a while, but this might change down the line. 

CakeTools v0.976a:
- Added check if file is already open or if game is running.
- Added "hair_ALPHA" texture name fix in MTLsEditor.
- Contains embedded CT fonts and OBJ fix.
- Added toggle for DXT5 modes.
- Added CakeTools Model Merger tool (works standalone as well).
- Added CakeTools MTLsEditor tool (works standalone as well).
- Added Model Flag data to MDL tab.
- Altered Import function for wavefront imports.
- Packaged 3DSMax Scripts alongside CT.

3DSMAX tools (v1.01) notes:
- Fixed hair and female MDL rigs.
- Added Data Class detection for higher bone counts.
- Changed default Data Class on 3DS export.
- Added 3DSMax check for attire flags.

Links:

Main Repo: https://github.com/HanleysFramer/CakeTools-AlphaPreview

(Alpha Build) CakeTools v0.976a: https://github.com/HanleysFramer/CakeTools-AlphaPreview/releases/edit/v0.976

Sample SpiderMan mod (replaces Roman Reigns): https://www.mediafire.com/file/9vp7n2lnnbopfvw/bakedfile06.cak/file

Notes:

- I highly recommend 3DSMax 2020 for modding MDL files due to general stability.

- NIF 3DSMax 2020 plugin: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79145?tab=files&file_id=1000323591

Usage:

- Drag and Drop any .CAK archive into the window, provided they are appropriately named bakedfile's 0-9 (support fot 10-99 will be added in the future).

- Drag and Drop files into window when clicked on any folder to import into current folder. If any files are preexisting, they will be replaced over with your newest file.

- MDL tab allows for OBJ imports and exports.

- Create a directory with the "New" button for subfolders and the "Add Folder to _root" button for main folders.

- "Insert" has the same functionality as Drag and Drop.

Known Issues in (v0.970):

- 3DSMAX import incorrect weights on character if the model contains a hair physics rig.

- 3DSMAX sometimes exports incorrect weights for selected rig.

- bakedfile00-05 rebake slow and unstable. (use template archives in CakeTools Github repository).

- Incorrect poly face indice arrangement on models with larger LODs.

- YOBJ conversion only transfers basic rig models and ignores variable binary alignment.

- Lazy MDL tab refreshing.

CakeTools/3DSMAX Walkthrough (Jon Moxley mod made by Grix @ 2KM): 

Mod Screenshots: 

FF7iK3b.pngD9CEeQK.png

unknown-26.png?width=605&height=471YyPwos7.pngB56QOs9.png

Edited by HanleysFramer
  • Like 3
  • Bliss 1
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 2
  • Yes! 1

I should note this was built on the latest game version. 2K changed the archive key algorithm in some patch, so compatibility with .CAK archives from earlier patches is not guranteed.

In terms of future updates, feel free to throw out ideas on features you'd like to see added or how you think the workflow could be optimized. Currently, I have plans to package mod contents so it's a drag and drop install of a single file without the hassle of manual directory creation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanleysFramer said:

In terms of future updates, feel free to throw out ideas on features you'd like to see added or how you think the workflow could be optimized. Currently, I have plans to package mod contents so it's a drag and drop install of a single file without the hassle of manual directory creation. 

Shader Parameter editing so I can do yillum/etc and mess with those new shaders they added like hologram 

Display textures in viewport and export obj with mtl for Max/Blender. (This is esp good for arenas, as they have multi-textures in their UVs at sublevel)

18 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Shader Parameter editing so I can do yillum/etc and mess with those new shaders they added like hologram 

Display textures in viewport and export obj with mtl for Max/Blender. (This is esp good for arenas, as they have multi-textures in their UVs at sublevel)

Noted, thanks. I'll likely have to integrate Mtls export with 3DS/Blender themselves. The 3DS scripts are bare bones for now and there's a few remaining data sets I need to include with the model like vertex colors, UDIMs, and proper skeletons. These will likely come as a dll plugin to deprecate the NIF plugin and remedy any weight issues.

Edited by HanleysFramer

10 minutes ago, HanleysFramer said:

Noted, thanks. I'll likely have to integrate Mtls export with 3DS/Blender themselves. The 3DS scripts are bare bones for now and there's a few remaining data sets I need to include with the model like vertex colors, UDIMs, and proper skeletons. These will likely come as a dll plugin to deprecate the NIF plugin and remedy any weight issues.

Does the nif plugin pre-2020 work at all on this?

2 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Does the nif plugin pre-2020 work at all on this?

You can work with the 2018 version but 3DSMAX was just way buggier then.

6 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

The MDL import script isn't working with 3DS Max 2018. I get corrupted weights on 3 MDLS ive tried. (Taker, Seth and Roman)

https://streamable.com/nkol20 

This is documented in the known issues list in the main post. Models with hair bones don't rig properly. You can however, use models with static hairs like Dummy Male 2019, Johnny Gargano, or Kurt Angle to rig.

1 minute ago, HanleysFramer said:

This is documented in the known issues list in the main post. Models with hair bones don't rig properly. You can however, use models with static hairs like Dummy Male 2019, Johnny Gargano, or Kurt Angle to rig.

OH I thought that meant I just couldn't import hair models I was thinking they were still like 2716 in my head. Duh. 

So wait, does that mean everyone shares the same skeleton unlike 19? So like I don't have the use the MDL base  of Seth if I wanna make him? 

1 minute ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

OH I thought that meant I just couldn't import hair models I was thinking they were still like 2716 in my head. Duh. 

So wait, does that mean everyone shares the same skeleton unlike 19? So like I don't have the use the MDL base  of Seth if I wanna make him? 

Any mesh you rig to a 2k skeleton should work. So, yes perhaps.

My first mod is crashing on the loading screen when I try to use it. I followed all the proper paths, etc. Is there something I'm missing? like a regen chunk type thing? Or maybe nif 2018 doesnt work

Update: GOT IT. HdHLT2f.jpeg

xcRtqfn.jpeg

The outfit model is alc's from 2k19 and I did two commissions repainting it this week so this was a port of that. Metal shader is laaame unless its set to metal? Also, I take it I can't re-add the hair with physics since I'm not using the hair bones skeleton? and what about masking? 

I noticed in your workflow that you already have the christian folder in the template baked file, sorry for the stupid question, but how did you get that into there? i tried exporting the folder out of the game baked files but it said no folders containing files.. any help? 

12 minutes ago, Chronic. said:

I noticed in your workflow that you already have the christian folder in the template baked file, sorry for the stupid question, but how did you get that into there? i tried exporting the folder out of the game baked files but it said no folders containing files.. any help? 

Nevermind, I just made new folders with the same name and imported the seperate files and it worked! Cheers Hanley