Are DLC Slots Different? (Candice Lerae CH)

CyberOcelot

First off, thanks to you guys here, I've been comfortably cruising for a bit getting my game updated with mods. Thank you! :)

But, now Candice Lerae is behaving strangely, and she's my first DLC slot being updated. Is it me or is this slot different somehow? Everything else went smoothly, her GFX and new theme are great, but for her character model, I tried this mod and this one, and in both cases, I got the same strange results.

The entrance attire works, but the in-ring attire defaults back to the original in-game model. 

I installed both numerous times (import via CCT to both default entrance (04.pac) and in-ring attire slots (02.pac), regen chunk, change Barron Blade from Cheer/Boo and save.)  

I haven't seen anything on DLC slots being different, and don't see others reporting issues with these, so not sure how to troubleshoot this? 

Hi

2 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

First off, thanks to you guys here, I've been comfortably cruising for a bit getting my game updated with mods. Thank you! :)

But, now Candice Lerae is behaving strangely, and she's my first DLC slot being updated. Is it me or is this slot different somehow? Everything else went smoothly, her GFX and new theme are great, but for her character model, I tried this mod and this one, and in both cases, I got the same strange results.

The entrance attire works, but the in-ring attire defaults back to the original in-game model. 

I installed both numerous times (import via CCT to both default entrance (04.pac) and in-ring attire slots (02.pac), regen chunk, change Barron Blade from Cheer/Boo and save.)  

I haven't seen anything on DLC slots being different, and don't see others reporting issues with these, so not sure how to troubleshoot this? 

Hi,

This is due to the way in which the DLC character files are named. 

You will need to remove the default character pac files from the pac\ch folder. They will have the ch80XXX_P30.pac name format.

• Like 1

Or, if you want to keep the original files intact, just rename the mod to chXXXYZ_P30.pac after you've installed it with CCT and have CCT regenerate the Chunk0.def afterwards.

I'd have thought CCT renames the DLC files properly, but I guess there isn't any alternate naming scheme for the DLC in place.

• Like 2

I see it now. CCT didn't properly name the file to end with "_p30.pac" as seen in the game directory. Now I see how to troubleshoot issues like this too for the future! Woozah! Thank you, guys! :)

• Yes! 1

Figured I'll ask here if I can avoid creating another topic (since this may be semi-related...)

Is there anything different about Dana Brooke's slot? I'm simply trying to change her render, and for some reason it won't stick. No issues with any other slots. Very strange. 

EDIT: Sorry. Please disregard. Must have had a ghost in the machine. Needed a full shutdown (not just restart) and the Dana Brooke render is workling now. 

Edited by CyberOcelot

On 1/26/2021 at 6:36 AM, CyberOcelot said:

Figured I'll ask here if I can avoid creating another topic (since this may be semi-related...)

Is there anything different about Dana Brooke's slot? I'm simply trying to change her render, and for some reason it won't stick. No issues with any other slots. Very strange. 

EDIT: Sorry. Please disregard. Must have had a ghost in the machine. Needed a full shutdown (not just restart) and the Dana Brooke render is workling now. 

The original render may re-appear. Try the workaround linked in the Modding FAQ if that happens (or to prevent it from happening).

42 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

The original render may re-appear. Try the workaround linked in the Modding FAQ if that happens (or to prevent it from happening).

FixRenders.cmd

But, I'm not sure how to actually execute it? Do I just open command prompt and type that in?

Getting intimidated now. 😛