Issue with universe mode

MisterSnapshot

Hello all, as you can probably tell I am very new to modding and wwe 2k games in general. I have installed quite a few mods into my 2K19, and got a week and a bit into my new Universe Mode save, with custom PPVs, couple arenas, championship changes, etc. I went to go copy my save so I can branch off 2 different ideas, and while it copied fine, I am unable to play either one. When I go to Load, Play, I get this weird error (or lack thereof I guess) where it just says ATTENTION in the middle and no other text. I just press A and move past the screen, but it doesn't let me enter either of my Universe saves. I couldn't find anything from an initial google search and to be honest, I expect this to be a pretty niche issue. I was wondering if anyone here could help or had experienced the same thing. Ty ty

Yeah I restored my save and it was functional again (despite losing a ton of progress) but I am confused. For the time being I can play my universe save from selecting the "continue" option. But when I go to the Load option, it still has this ATTENTION glitch. I guess the positive is I can just keep playing using the continue function, but I'm not sure what will happen when I need to copy the save. Thanks for the help!

If you're using a modified String file, backup the modified one then try to restore the original one. Maybe the proper error message will show up in the Attention box then. It could be that whoever made the String file deleted the text of the error message from it or the string file is corrupt.

Oh that's huge brain. How do I restore the original string file? I didn't make a back up of game files as I was running out of storage space at the time (modding sin, i know)

On 1/24/2021 at 1:13 AM, MisterSnapshot said:

Oh that's huge brain. How do I restore the original string file? I didn't make a back up of game files as I was running out of storage space at the time (modding sin, i know)

If you have installed and modified the string in the \mods\SuperString\ folder as is recommended (or anywhere in the \mods\ folder, really), you can simply move the SuperString Folder out of the game directory, regenerate the Chunk0.def with CCT and the game should then use the original string_win.pac file.
If you overwrote or modified the original game file instead, though you'll have to get the original by either verifying your game files through Steam (backup any mods like .bk2 or .pck files you might have beforehand) or look for it in the Vannila Files thread.