Is it possible to rip move animations from any WWE game?

RuthlessAgg97

Is there a way to rip animations from any WWE game and view them on 3DS Max. I know a few months ago somebody was offering $300 to find out the solution. Has there been any updates on that project? Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RuthlessAgg97 said:

Is there a way to rip animations from any WWE game and view them on 3DS Max. I know a few months ago somebody was offering $300 to find out the solution. Has there been any updates on that project? Thank you.

Hi,

No its not possible .The YANM format (Yukes animation) used for entrances and move animations is more of Yukes proprietary format. 

The Autodesk motion builder is the tool for these kinds of animations rather than 3DS Max which is more of a modelling tool.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RuthlessAgg97 said:

What about older WWE games like here comes the pain or the SvR series?

Nope. 

Here is a list of wrestling games you can rip animations from:

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Del Ring

WWE Champions

thats all I've had success with, and trust me, I've tried.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered something. Long ago I was able to extract an anim file from SvR 07. Maybe you guys have done something similar. There has to be a way to convert that anim file to fbx. What’s your opinion on the matter?

12 hours ago, RuthlessAgg97 said:

I just remembered something. Long ago I was able to extract an anim file from SvR 07. Maybe you guys have done something similar. There has to be a way to convert that anim file to fbx. What’s your opinion on the matter?

You can get the anim files but the formats are so custom and proprietary they cannot be converted to anything else. Trust me bro, Jakey and SCF have been trying for years. If I could get any anims from the mainline WWE games, i would be making dozens of wrestling animated projects

I saw someone on YouTube take an Incredibles game which was also published by THQ as well and rip the ANIM files and convert them to FBX. I agree it’s difficult but, there might be a programmer out there who can make a program that can make those conversions. I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, fachrym91 said:

maybe it's possible, since i can make SvR entrance move to here comes the pain (they had a different format, but i can make it compatible)

That happens because they never changed the format between those games. You can't convert them to any other format.

12 hours ago, RuthlessAgg97 said:

I saw someone on YouTube take an Incredibles game which was also published by THQ as well and rip the ANIM files and convert them to FBX. I agree it’s difficult but, there might be a programmer out there who can make a program that can make those conversions. I guess time will tell.

Completely different devs dude. I'm telling you its not possible. Do I have to tag @squaredcirclefan to explain all the technical shit lmao

• Like 1

To me nothing is impossible. It’s just hasn’t been discovered yet. As I said time will tell. Maybe in the future someone will figure it out. I am saying this with all due respect.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuthlessAgg97 said:

To me nothing is impossible. It’s just hasn’t been discovered yet. As I said time will tell. Maybe in the future someone will figure it out. I am saying this with all due respect.

Hi,

You are indeed right there is nothing impossible. However from  what I have seen , the idea hasn’t been some sort of ongoing project you have modders working on most likely due to lack of interest or the complexities of the YANM format which have indeed changed since the developers used motion capture to generate animation data in the current gen . This is obviously due to the move to full simulation from hand crafted animations used in the Smackdown vs Raw series and the previous games before it. 
The second thing  is each move animation you see in the game has other hidden animations in the game which work with it. The animation alone by itself is practically useless without the other bits of motion which work with it. The game engine has additional data for each move which isn’t animation but links all these files together including the sync timings, and damage timings. 
Let’s take a punch animation for instance.

If you took that motion and extracted it, you will only have an actor punching the air and not making contact with the opponent. The additional data in the game which enables the punch to target the opponent ( homing parameters) isn’t in the animation so it’s just a bit useless.

The hand crafted animations used in the older games was different as they had all the data in the animation file . But that will not work with simulation as you want  the punch or move to target the character whichever direction or position they are in the ring which wasn’t the case with the old games. 
As regards THQ, they are publishers not game developers and have nothing to do with the animation format. Yukes animation Japan have created the animation format for all the WWE Smackdown games, SVR games and subsequent WEE 2k games after that. There are  games from other developers which THQ publish and use different animation formats. 

Edited by squaredcirclefan

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, RuthlessAgg97 said:

https://imgur.com/Y4HF9Er

I was playing around with Ninja Ripper 2 I see it pulled a bit of the animation for the stone cold stunner from 2K19. Can someone look into this?

looks like its just the mesh. Is it rigged in Blender?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not rigged but, watch this video. The problem with Ninja Ripper it doesn't capture the whole scene, it picks up one frame or some frames. If there was a way to rip each frame second by second and combining it all together into one fbx file that would be great. I am not a computer scientist but, there is an idea out there for someone who is into programming.

• 11 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, Pepsiguy2 said:

Nope. 

Here is a list of wrestling games you can rip animations from:

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Del Ring

WWE Champions

thats all I've had success with, and trust me, I've tried.

Hey, I was wondering how was you able to get animations from WWE Champions? Any help would be awesome.