0014 File Perfec...texture....I have nothing

Perfectplex

v0.01 (all links are the same file, choose whichever you prefer)

https://mega.nz/file/xOgBkAAL#7lc5mOh664xhHWTh2YvqIsFq_-gMlwVdt1k8pfoDrh4

https://megaupload.hosting/jaz76oeuldgh/Texture0014Retriever_(release).zip.html

https://file.io/bwPsl6yJPpcm

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tjfrf3

http://www.filedropper.com/texture0014retrieverrelease

Report any dodgy links to me, I do not use or wish to use any links that try to deceive the user, I do not use any form of adfly or other crap.

Links should NOT ask for any sign up, log in, registration and certainly not ask for payment at all, this is a FREE tool.

It should be a zip file named "Texture0014Retriever (release).zip" and definitely NOT an .exe file download, the only exe is in the folder for the tool, there is no installation process required!

Feel free to mirror or suggest file hosts.

Any issues with this tool post in this thread and I will do my best to assist, this tool is intended for those with a decent grasp of packing ch files.

Any antivirus warning is a false positive, shouldn't happen, the resources are vanilla visual studio dot net thingies.

Other tool makers feel free to make this much much better and easier to use with integrated pac extracting, or teach me in c# and in very basic (have patience) terms how to do so and I will happily improve this tool to do the entire job.

If it doesn't run at all despite following the long and unnecessarily imposing guide below then maybe you need dot net framework installed?

I was unsure if to ever release this as I feel it could be done a lot better with more work and using code for decompressing the pac files which would make this a lot easier to use but I felt I'd put it out anyway if anybody is interested.

Please be assured this tool does not modify any of the files it copies from nor any other manipulations of the game files, this is purely for creators,

The short version.

• check paths in tx paths.txt (top is 2K18, bottom is 2K19)
  • put 0014.bin file in folder with tool
  • run tool, press y for 2k19 or n for 2k18
  • choose n to clone the tx files from the relevant games tx folders.
  • unpack all (mass decompress with rePac is recommended)
  • run tool again, choose y to confirm you have the files unpacked.
  • 000A and 000C with correctly named files created in temp folder.
  • delete temp folder.
  • delete 0014 file
  • create 000A and 000C pac files
  • rebuild your ch file with the new 000A and 000C files but delete the 0014 file (clashing).

-------------------------------

The long version.

What is it?

When you want to work with 2K18 and 2K19 characters there's that annoying thing of having the 0014 file instead of the much easier to use 000C and 000A files that contain the textures.

Well this tool will do the leg work for you so you that you don't have to guess on filenames or trawl through the tx files for the relevant parts the texture file for the character model requires.

What's in the box?

Nothing much really, just an exe and a text file and unfortunately I don't know how to pack them into the exe so there are a few dependency files too.

f6606573c33fc266c96bbc55760fd85e.png

Okay what do now?

Open the text file and fix the paths how you wish to point at the location of your tx file locations.

Top line is 2K18 and 2nd Line is 2K19, the tool will only read this file exactly that way.

It doesn't have to be full installs of the game, you may just wish to have a folder of tx files.

If you only have one of the games then either leave the line blank for that game or leave it as is, it won't matter as the tool won't use that path line.

cba34f5154be02121898fda24d9f3761.png

My paths are now pointing at my tx location/s, what next?

Place that annoying 0014.bin file in the tool folder.

please note, it may be named 0014.pac, just rename it to .bin.

7ce878344bba5b443f9ca8c80b7c87a7.png

and then...?

Run the tool and you will be presented with a console window with very basic info, nothing fancy.

f18fd8281d0596dfb21f33cc6004d8e6.png

You are then asked if it is a WWE 2K19 0014.bin file.

if it is then choose yes (y key) and it will refer to the path used in the 2nd line of your tx paths.txt file.

If it is a 2K18 version then hit the n key  it will use the first line which is for 2K18 tx files location.

Next, due to me being a crappy hack programmer I don't know how to extract from .pac files so is unfortunately necessary.

You have to meet me half way here, I'd love to have had the tool do this for you but alas.

The tool will need to be run twice, the first is to copy the relevant tx files to a temp folder in your tool folder.

The second run will rename and copy the files to the 000A and 000C folders automatically (the main job of the tool).

b152d4da310ea09c017f11f2c2b1316e.png

The first run will leave you with an empty temp folder as above, this means you choose no (n key) so that it can retrieve the relevant  tx files for you.

035e247e370b3d6642f2ee00262d140a.png

This will be the result (if everything is set correctly), It will only clone to the temp folder the tx files relevant to the 0014 file.

Don't be put off by all the matrix code, that is purely for those interested in what is going on in the background.

Now press a button to exit the tool.

Again, I wish I could do the next part for you in the tool but until I learn how to decompress and unpack pac archives the next step is a manual job.

The ultimate aim is to have a later version of this tool or somebody else with much more expertise than myself do a complete automated job for you.

Using your pac tool (x-packer, rePac, etc) extract the archives so that you have raw access to the .dds files within.

I personally use rePac's awesome mass extract option for this as it is very easy to use and uses drag and drop.

I'd assume if you are using this tool you already have a fair grasp on packing and unpacking pac files so I won't be going into detail here.

I will let the images tell the story of what you should have

25bea3656a6bc13a373d1a344db349b4.png

f65580a828ad535eec53a1cc9f3dcdaa.png

and continue to mass extract each .pac file into the temp folder.

b0c03ec042568899e81794e4febdf513.png

Sorry for that manual job, automated version soon hopefully.

Now you have all the pac's extracted, ensure your pac tool is not open still (prevents files being locked to the pac tool)

and run my tool again.

ec47fefbb94483bd4ff668488748fcc8.png

Oh it's this question again, however this time we HAVE the tx files and folders in the temp folder this time so choose yes (press y key).

Pressing the n key by mistake will just retrieve and overwrite the pac files, so just restart the tool and choose y.

and you should now get something like the following...

7952d7245b5be65fb6c96ad4f88ccd27.png

Press any key to exit the tool.

Enjoy your 000A and 000C folders full of correctly named dds files.

You now delete the temp folder if you wish, please note that if you intent not to delete the unpacked files for whatever reason.

.. then rename the temp folder so that you get a fresh empty temp folder next time you run this tool.

56924f034c130422c65c820189a3a6ea.png

Create new texture archives using your preferred pac tool.

You should now have 000A and 000C pac files and can delete the 0014 file and rebuild your character pac.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/31/2020 at 4:53 AM, xalaidne said:

Hello, the program doesn't work for me. It closes itself just after i open it (I have net framework installed).

Do you know why ?

BTW, thanks for the program.

same with me. Please help 

• 5 weeks later...