2K Live

WWE 2K LIVE (Commentary/Sound Overhaul)

champdog76

I am SO looking forward to this!

• Like 2
  • Woo 1

eggman718

This is really great and I don't think people will realize how much the commentary adds to the game until this comes out. Going to be a total game changer. Please keep the project going! This rules.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

2K Live

Happy New Years Everyone! I’m just getting back home! I’m over 50% done identifying in game commentary audio! I also started collecting audio.

I’ll be using TLC 2020 as the foundation of in game commentary for WWE 2K Live. This should be fun!

• Like 4
  • Woo 1

sock48
8 hours ago, 2K Live said:

Happy New Years Everyone! I’m just getting back home! I’m over 50% done identifying in game commentary audio! I also started collecting audio.

I’ll be using TLC 2020 as the foundation of in game commentary for WWE 2K Live. This should be fun!

this is awesome to hear, very excited!

• Haitch 1

2K Live
Posted (edited)

Change of plans

after further research.....I’ll be using a different ppv  as the foundation. The only good thing about the performance center Ppv = no crowd noises.  

This is going to sound GREAT!

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 2
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

2K Live
Posted (edited)

update! took a break from identifying audio to start working on compiling and editing Attitude era audio for the ERAS project with B4G.TV.  I keep having to pause with laughter every few mins . I almost forgot how awesome Jerry and King are. 

so far everything's coming along great!

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 9
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Yes! 1

BCWBoundforglory

I started converting my own commentary over because I couldn't find much good audio without crowd or music in the background. Just sat here and recorded myself calling stuff, but there is SO MUCH to do lol So this is exciting as hell to me. Please do not stop this project. Personally most excited about the AEW mod haha

• Like 1

2K Live

Still compiling and editing audio. HOURS are going in to this just researching and listening itself not including editing!

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 6
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 3
  • Woo 1

2K Live

Update.... king will say “puppies” often in women’s matches ..tenor.gif?itemid=14556073

Edited by 2K Live
  • Yes! 2
  • Woo 1

theMasterof619
1 hour ago, 2K Live said:

Update.... king will say “puppies” often in women’s matches ..tenor.gif?itemid=14556073

ooh hell yeaah :)

• Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

sock48

that preview was amazing, great job man!

• Too Sweet 1

BCWBoundforglory

This is by far the mod that i am MOST looking forward to. This is INSANELY awesome

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Ervan

Seems wonderful ! How are you going to deal with names ?

• Too Sweet 1

2K Live

Next phase is Replacing the in game sounds ... ideally we want to silence all in game commentary to start from scratch. Unfortunately this will take forever manually individually silencing all commentary. If anyone has any tips or tricks to mass replace these files with silence audio, let me know. Until then I’ll have to do it the manual way which will take much longer .

On 1/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, Ervan said:

Seems wonderful ! How are you going to deal with names ?

All default names will be present with the exception of a few. Once the foundation of commentary is built, the plan is to open up limited slots to commission superstars. Call name, superstar facts, ring announce, post and pre match will all be bundled per superstar pack. 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:27 AM, BCWBoundforglory said:

This is by far the mod that i am MOST looking forward to. This is INSANELY awesome

Thank you! Comments like these keeps me going !

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 4

2K Live

Update: Figured out how to silence without causing commentary ids to delete causing the game to not identify wrestlers and give them generic commentary. this was big since I want to make sure all superstars have their own commentary!  

thanks @squaredcirclefan for the advice !

I also figured out how to do this in great time as well.  ALOT quicker .. 

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 9
  • Yes! 1

Koolguss

Excited for this project cant wait

• Like 1

2K Live

Working on the 80’s-90’s (Gorilla, Henan, Ventura and Vince).  I’m still researching and finding new audio ! Every piece of audio is edited individually so this takes time.   Here’s a small sample of what I’ve been working on! Note: not all audio will make the cut! Still organizing and making sure quality control is there, 

(Played some 2K19 ambient crowd noise to simulate how it will sound in-game)

https://streamable.com/qzqg8j

• Changed the way I organize/label  audio.
  • Leveled and equalized all audio 

Next step is testing in game starting with Pins and kick outs. Once I’m satisfied with the results, I’ll start packing up the audio for the first round of Betas!

Please consider supporting the project >> HERE to help speed up development. You also get access to early betas !

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 5
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 1

Koolguss

I was born in 94 so the 80's early 90's stuff I'm not up to speed on. I look foward to the attitude era ruthless aggression current wwe and aew stuff if they are included this would really refresh the game . awesome update aswell I'll be donating. 

• Woo 1

denbigh7

Hearing Gorilla, Bobby Heenan and Jesse is a freaking dream come true. Seriously, just amazing. Well done. 

So, will certain commentators be tied to certain arenas? Or to certain wrestlers? I was wondering how they would be triggered. 

• Like 2
  • Woo 1

2K Live
45 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Hearing Gorilla, Bobby Heenan and Jesse is a freaking dream come true. Seriously, just amazing. Well done. 

So, will certain commentators be tied to certain arenas? Or to certain wrestlers? I was wondering how they would be triggered. 

To my knowledge ..Jesse, gorilla,  and Henan have never been in a game. Henan did some work on the legends game but it didn’t sound like him. That’s what intrigued me most about this project. The rarity.

No commentary is tied to arenas or wrestlers at this moment. 2K has personalized commentary for wrestlers and arenas (I already identified and indexed)  which I’ll tackle once I create a solid foundation of general commentary (moves, pins, finisheers, reactions) . Once thats built we could really have some fun.. Henan jokes, wwf hotline announcements, surprises ect.

Edited by 2K Live
  • Like 4
  • Yes! 1

thehiphopfan

Good luck on the project bud. What's your name on discord? I too have some knowledge in audio but I'd like to learn how you isolate the vocals. I have Audacity, Adobe Audition and FL Studio by the way

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

2K Live
On 2/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, thehiphopfan said:

Good luck on the project bud. What's your name on discord? I too have some knowledge in audio but I'd like to learn how you isolate the vocals. I have Audacity, Adobe Audition and FL Studio by the way

Thank you ! 2KLive on discord

You have a nice set of editing software! I may do a video when i get the chance to! Theres a few more you'll need though. 

• Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

thehiphopfan

What's the # 4 digit after your name? Still had difficulty finding you lol A tutorial would be perfect tho!

• Like 1

2K Live
22 hours ago, thehiphopfan said:

What's the # 4 digit after your name? Still had difficulty finding you lol A tutorial would be perfect tho!

2KLive9560