Title Belt Thumbnails?

denbigh7

I've finally figured out how to edit belts and inject them into the evtobj.pac. They show up in the game during entrances, the match, etc. But does anyone know where to edit the thumbnails for championship belts? I'm looking to replace the ones that show up in the universe title screens (see below) and in title management, etc. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction as to the location of these. Thanks!

vO8yeCcJ_o.jpeg

Don't mean to bump my own thread (though I am desperate to figure this out), but I thought of a different question to ask.

Are these belt thumbnails supposed to just be automatically generated by the belt textures in evtobj.pac or bgetc.pac? Or are they a separate texture themselves to be edited?

Anyone from the Wrestling Legends mod team have an idea? I have searched and searched through TONS of pac files and textures, but still haven't found them. 

• 2 months later...

@Red Rooster or @bugsyboy Would either of you happen to know what file the above mentioned title belt thumbnails are in? I keep searching and searching through everything and can't find them.

I've replaced belt textures in evtobj.pac with ones I've created, and though my new belts show up during matches and entrances, it hasn't changed these thumbnails, so I'm guessing they are a separate file of some kind. Would be very grateful for any insight either of you might have, though I'm sure it's been a while since you've worked on these. 

On 1/17/2021 at 12:14 AM, xtremebrett said:

MenuHD.pac

@xtremebrett So, I spent some time going through the MenuHD.pac file. I can only find 3 files that are PACH files. The are the SSFD, ARC, and FICN. SSFD has all the headshot pics on the superstar selection screen. The FICN has 1 yobj file. They ARC has some files that I've extracted, but I can't open any of them, either as pac or texture files. 

There are tons of other files in the MenuHD.pac file, but they are all ZLIB and BPE files. No matter if I extract them or decompress them, I can't seem to open any of them to see what they are. Any ideas? Grateful for any help you can suggest. 

Edited by denbigh7

So my advice would be to use ERM's Pac Editor to mass extract the menuHD.pac. Once you do so, you can see all the thumbnails for the titles. It's gonna extract to a folder called BTHU, which you can then edit and inject back into the menuHD.pac accordingly

25 minutes ago, xtremebrett said:

So my advice would be to use ERM's Pac Editor to mass extract the menuHD.pac. Once you do so, you can see all the thumbnails for the titles. It's gonna extract to a folder called BTHU, which you can then edit and inject back into the menuHD.pac accordingly

Thanks so much, I'll give that a try! 

I've been using X-Packer, which is a wonderful tool. But I can't unpack all the bpe and zlib files with it. I'll give Pac Editor a try and get back with you. Thanks again!

Well, I downloaded Pac Editor and mass extracted the menuHD.pac file. Here's what I ended up with. 

I6yt4oqB_o.png

Not seeing a BTHU file. Strange, but maybe I did it wrong?

This is the Pac Editor, correct?

RkgYwSwE_o.png

Not sure as to why it didn't extract. I had a look to see if it was the WL menu file giving trouble or rearranged if possible.

What worked for me was opening menuHD.pac using ctrl+R in X Packer and scrolling down to nearly the bottom. Then scroll to the right a bit and look under the "inDirectory" tab. It'll say BTHU for most files towards the bottom. These are the belt thumbnails. Decompress any one and it'll decompress as a .pac file. Simply change the extension to .dds and it'll work. There's also an "ARC" pach file in the BTHU directory which I think you have to edit as well. It's just all the same thumbnails that you just have to inject into again.

Man, this great, thank you! Feel like I'm finally closer to figuring this out!

So, I found the BTHU files near the bottom in menuHD. I decompressed file 0006 in the BTHU "in directory". Here's what my files look like after decompressing:

SySy5DZf_o.png

I tried to change each one's extension to dds, but no luck. 

I'm wondering if the WL's menuHD file is a little screwy? I've had a few issues before with edits, for instance when I tried to edit the string file, @Red Rooster showed me that it needed to be a "fresh" unedited string file. Is that the case with the menuHD file as well, you think? 

Also, I don't know why it does this, but when I use X-Packer to extract a file that has already been edited, it always crashes X-Packer. It still extracts the file, and all I have to do is reopen X-Packer in order to extract the next file, but it's like the crashing always affirms to me that I'm on the right track. When I was editing belts in the evobj.pac file for use in entrances and matches, it crashed everytime I extracted a belt file. And it just crashed again while extracting the BTHU files, which tells me I'm at least on the right files! (Hope that all makes sense.)

Edited by denbigh7

@xtremebrett and @Red Rooster 

xtremebrett - I uploaded a YouTube video of me trying to follow your directions as I extract all the files from menuHD. When I finally get to the end, I'm not able to open any of them as texture files. I also tried your trick of changing the extension to .dds (not in the video) and it doesn't work on the .pac file. It allows me to change the .bpe file to .dds, but when I open it in Photoshop, it gives me an error.

I'd be most grateful if you guys could watch this short video and let me know if I'm doing something wrong, or if maybe I have a messed up MenuHD file(?). 

Thanks!

Edited by denbigh7

I dont have Xpacker at the moment, waiting for Tekken57 to send me a new activation code.

Open the file in a Hex editor and check if it is a dds file, if not then changing the extension wont help.

If its a dds file it should say at the start of the file when you open it in hex as shown below.

dds.jpg

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Thanks 1

So I see where you're going wrong. You can't open zlib or bpe files in X-Packer. Those are compressed versions of the file. When you decompressed the file, you did that correctly. The part you missed was changing the extension of the file from ".pac" to ".dds". It seems as though you don't have extensions visible, so here's a tutorial I found online:

Open File Explorer; if you do not have an icon for this in the task bar; click Start, click Windows System, and then File Explorer.

Click the View tab in File Explorer

Click the box next to File name extensions to see file extensions

Click the box next to Hidden items to see hidden files

Close File Explorer if you wish and restart it

After doing this, extensions for these files should be shown as .pac. Just change the ending to .dds instead and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xtremebrett said:

So I see where you're going wrong. You can't open zlib or bpe files in X-Packer. Those are compressed versions of the file. When you decompressed the file, you did that correctly. The part you missed was changing the extension of the file from ".pac" to ".dds". It seems as though you don't have extensions visible, so here's a tutorial I found online:

After doing this, extensions for these files should be shown as .pac. Just change the ending to .dds instead and you should be good to go.

Holy Crap it worked!!!!! Man, thank you both so much!!!! Been trying to figure this out for months. 

I'll keep you posted on how my editing goes. But man, THANK YOU!!!

And @Red Rooster thank you as well! You're solid gold, bro.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, denbigh7 said:

I've finally figured out how to edit belts and inject them into the evtobj.pac. They show up in the game during entrances, the match, etc. But does anyone know where to edit the thumbnails for championship belts? I'm looking to replace the ones that show up in the universe title screens (see below) and in title management, etc. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction as to the location of these. Thanks!

vO8yeCcJ_o.jpeg

How did you inject modded belts into the evtobj? Wich are the slots need to be replaced?