Universe Mode

KJ SimsJr

For some reason Universe Mode is always crashing. I'll be in universe mode then i'll leave out and go back in and the game crashes. Other times I go into a match and the game will crash, and I know it's not the wrestlers because when I go back in the match will go perfectly. What do I need to do?

Thanks, in advance

Edited by KJ SimsJr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slicky said:

Having the same issue

11 hours ago, KJ SimsJr said:

For some reason Universe Mode is always crashing. I'll be in universe mode then i'll leave out and go back in and the game crashes. Other times I go into a match and the game will crash, and I know it's not the wrestlers because when I go back in the match will go perfectly. What do I need to do?

Thanks, in advance

Hi,

Universe mode will not normally crash. This is due to mods you might have installed , character mods, gfx ,arenas etc. Any of these are possible causes.

You might want to look at the gfx files first. Remove all the custom gfx files you have installed and try to see if this helps. Its basically a process of elimination to try and find out the cause. There is not sure way of knowing what particular files are causing the issue without performing tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Universe mode will not normally crash. This is due to mods you might have installed , character mods, gfx ,arenas etc. Any of these are possible causes.

You might want to look at the gfx files first. Remove all the custom gfx files you have installed and try to see if this helps. Its basically a process of elimination to try and find out the cause. There is not sure way of knowing what particular files are causing the issue without performing tests.

I have the same problem, my game crashes when I try to create an entrance for example (it could come from the modded arena in Raw which is the basic arena appearing for wrestler entrances, I have the second Raw V2 updated arena from @RevONiKO, I haven't again updated to V3 :p), or load the universe mode for example (so I deleted it, I'd do another one later, but the crashes are still there, so it's not coming from the universe mode). But in game the Raw arena works fine.

Just select with Data Editor other original GFX from the game instead of the mods, and choose only your custom titantron, it works much better.

I also encounter this problem in exhibition mode sometimes when I want to choose a character. Or, if it works, during characters loading. At this level, as @squaredcirclefan says, it certainly comes from GFX (sometimes lags for some seconds, or crash).

A solution that can be interesting is to use only titantrons, but not to inject some complete GFX for example : apron, wall or others (like the one of Vanessa Borne who in my game makes some lags and the game is much slower).

I'll try some new movesets and I'll let feedback for Sunday evening.

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 5:20 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

3 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

I have the same problem, my game crashes when I try to create an entrance for example (it could come from the modded arena in Raw which is the basic arena appearing for wrestler entrances, I have the second Raw V2 updated arena from @RevONiKO, I haven't again updated to V3 :p), or load the universe mode for example (so I deleted it, I'd do another one later, but the crashes are still there, so it's not coming from the universe mode). But in game the Raw arena works fine.

Just select with Data Editor other original GFX from the game instead of the mods, and choose only your custom titantron, it works much better.

I also encounter this problem in exhibition mode sometimes when I want to choose a character. Or, if it works, during characters loading. At this level, as @squaredcirclefan says, it certainly comes from GFX (sometimes lags for some seconds, or crash).

A solution that can be interesting is to use only titantrons, but not to inject some complete GFX for example : apron, wall or others (like the one of Vanessa Borne who in my game makes some lags and the game is much slower).

I'll try some new movesets and I'll let feedback for Sunday evening.

Ben

Thanks guys I will try and see if these methods work.

@KJ SimsJr and @squaredcirclefan hi guys, I've just found why the game crashes, curiously, some titantrons or cav.files are now only a few "ko" ( I don't understand why, but they are all unreadable with RadVideoTools and in game too), like John Cena's titantrons (only 3925 ko) or even I just tried Mickie James' one, the same 😮 

Note that RadTools told me the video is not a bk2 file :/ ....

The titantrons I have injected and created work well. But then I understand why it's impossible to create an entrance if the original tron doesn't work well.

So for now I've backed up my content, so I'm going to reset the files on steam, and reinstall the mods.

Edited by BlackBen83

One thing i've noticed is when i inject gfx (except titantron) the bk2 inside the modded Pac file is like 1 or 2 gb. This is the reason why the game lag or crash.

The solution is to open your modded pac file with pac editor and click on "inject file" and re-inject your custom bk2 file.

Since i'm doing that, i don't have any lags anymore.

I have refreshed my Steam folder, all is ok.

Game is updated but when I try to save an entrance, the game crashes again (I've just for example save Bobby Lashley original entrance only, no mods, no caw).

Ben

EDIT : Now I've tried to upload one show on the Community Creation, the game crash also after the third arenas uploaded... curious :/ 

Edited by BlackBen83

@BlackBen83 It seems like your files got corrupted. If that's the case you can try to have Steam verify your game files (and restore your backed up, uncorrupted mods afterwards) and see if that helps.
If not, you may have to delete the game directory, run chkdsk,  check your disk's S.M.A.R.T. status and run whatever other drive diagnostics and if it's a hardware problem (likely the HDD or SDD your game is installed on, but could also be other things like a bad power supply, mainbiard etc..). If it is a hardware problem, replace the faulty hardware. If it isn't, reinstall the game and restore your uncorrupted mods which you have hopefully backed up.

19 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

@BlackBen83 It seems like your files got corrupted. If that's the case you can try to have Steam verify your game files (and restore your backed up, uncorrupted mods afterwards) and see if that helps.
If not, you may have to delete the game directory, run chkdsk,  check your disk's S.M.A.R.T. status and run whatever other drive diagnostics and if it's a hardware problem (likely the HDD or SDD your game is installed on, but could also be other things like a bad power supply, mainbiard etc..). If it is a hardware problem, replace the faulty hardware. If it isn't, reinstall the game and restore your uncorrupted mods which you have hopefully backed up.

I reinitialized the files with Steam, tried without and with the mods, everything worked during two or three times of execution of the game for example.
It seems that every time I chunck the arc.file I risk a crash. After that I restart via Steam, everything works fine, and maybe after the third fight (in loading time), or even in input creation mode, it can crash.

I'm going to study the case again because I'm reinstalling everything one by one (I also have backups but I prefer to try like this before). Curiously all my caws had movesets that couldn't work (entrance and victory that had disappeared in particular).

But after modifying one by one their movesets on DataEditor, the matches started well.

As I said before, only the game crashes before the first match, or after the third one, it can be at the character selection too. Or when creating a custom entrance or if it works when I'm saving a custom / or create an entrance (like Bobby Lashley for example, in game entrance, I try to save, and the crash comes). 

Then I'll follow your advice and look into it. Thank you for that.

Ben

@BlackBen83 How much RAM does your computer have? How much VRAM does your video card have? And how much memory is free on your OS drive (and game drive, if applicable)? It could be that the game is running out of memory.

Another thing you could try is check Event Viewer for the Windows Logs (both Application and System) and see the description of any Critical and Error level logs you get to see what could be causing your crashes. If your computer crashes completely (shuts down, restarts), you may also want to download and run WhoCrashed to see what's happening there.

But since you said sizes of files changing and not being playable in Rad Tools, that sounds like some sort of corruption (maybe due to computer crashes, maybe due to bad hardware or both) or a Virus to me. Running chkdsk and a full virus scan certainly won't hurt.

• Thanks 1

@Cave Waverider my pc informations are :

- Proc : Intel Pentium CPU G3240 - 3.10GHz, 3.10GHz

- RAM : 8Go

- Graphic Card : NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 (I've just uptaded the last pilot right now, I'll do some test)

For my disk C (where windows is) is full at 123/243Go

And the game is installed on disk D (with others games) : 281/687Go free.

Just for information.

Thanks for your advice, I'll test with "WhoCrashed" first.

I'll let feedback soon :)

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

@Cave Waverider

Ok just try now, the game crashed when I choose characters in Exhibition mode. WhoCrashed told me the following message :

"3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 2 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you."

So I'll try CHKDSK.

Thanks again, I'll let feedback after that.

Ben

@Cave Waverider First of all a big thank you, you saved me on this one. And not having a lot of experience in computers, your help was great to me :D

So first of all, I updated one of the last drivers I had omitted to do, the network card.

Then I followed your advice by directly entering the chkdsk command via Windows. Everything went well.
Finally in several steps I used Ccleaner to clean my various disks (about 4 to 5 hours).
A Spybot too, which deleted the recalcitrant files after the first Ccleaner uses.
Finally a last Ccleaner for verification, to determine only the health status of the computer.

for a total of 8 hours I think (all the steps).

The game works wonderfully again :) (I just had time to test 4 mods matches against caws or original characters. Without lags or game reset, no universe mode at the moment).

Thanks again CaveW.

Regards.

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, BlackBen83 said:

@Cave Waverider First of all a big thank you, you saved me on this one. And not having a lot of experience in computers, your help was great to me :D

So first of all, I updated one of the last drivers I had omitted to do, the network card.

Then I followed your advice by directly entering the chkdsk command via Windows. Everything went well.
Finally in several steps I used Ccleaner to clean my various disks (about 4 to 5 hours).
A Spybot too, which deleted the recalcitrant files after the first Ccleaner uses.
Finally a last Ccleaner for verification, to determine only the health status of the computer.

for a total of 8 hours I think (all the steps).

The game works wonderfully again :) (I just had time to test 4 mods matches against caws or original characters. Without lags or game reset, no universe mode at the moment).

Thanks again CaveW.

Regards.

Ben

Hi Ben, 

I hope you're well I know its been a year now but I'm in the exact same situation, did Universe Mode work finally? 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam345 said:

Hi Ben, 

I hope you're well I know its been a year now but I'm in the exact same situation, did Universe Mode work finally? 

Thank you. 

Hi, thanks, how are you?
I still have crashes in game, or during the GFX entries at the beginning of a fight, in ring always lag and slow motion.
I note that the custom arenas, used with the original NXT model, work very well. The others have lag... both in exhibition and in universe mode.

My game slows down from time to time, whereas before it did not. I think I may have to change some components of my pc (motherboard, processor, memory sticks). At the moment I only have 8gb of ram for a GeForce 1050ti.

• Woo 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:47 AM, BlackBen83 said:

Hi, thanks, how are you?
I still have crashes in game, or during the GFX entries at the beginning of a fight, in ring always lag and slow motion.
I note that the custom arenas, used with the original NXT model, work very well. The others have lag... both in exhibition and in universe mode.

My game slows down from time to time, whereas before it did not. I think I may have to change some components of my pc (motherboard, processor, memory sticks). At the moment I only have 8gb of ram for a GeForce 1050ti.

I will consider that I have a strong? PC and still I´m experiencing the same issues you do and I could tell that it all started when I (got more confortable and ambicious) installing arenas and GFX. Most of the time I install a few mods all together and then I rebuild the file, which lead me to know really know when does the issue comes from. I´ve edit this game so much that I´m afraid of having a clear one and then having to install everything again. 

It is also weird that sometimes what works for some, doesn´t work for everyone. I get that not all of us have the same type nor the same amount of mods but it would be nice to have a database of ´´known issues´´ so you can choose if you really want to get that mod. 

Now, I´m talking about the game in general. No only ´bout My Universe. 

I would like to use this same post to ask how can I add modded superstars MY UNIVERSE? which is the question that led me to tris thread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LexRed said:

I will consider that I have a strong? PC and still I´m experiencing the same issues you do and I could tell that it all started when I (got more confortable and ambicious) installing arenas and GFX. Most of the time I install a few mods all together and then I rebuild the file, which lead me to know really know when does the issue comes from. I´ve edit this game so much that I´m afraid of having a clear one and then having to install everything again. 

It is also weird that sometimes what works for some, doesn´t work for everyone. I get that not all of us have the same type nor the same amount of mods but it would be nice to have a database of ´´known issues´´ so you can choose if you really want to get that mod. 

Now, I´m talking about the game in general. No only ´bout My Universe. 

I would like to use this same post to ask how can I add modded superstars MY UNIVERSE? which is the question that led me to tris thread

Hi, If you want to add modded superstars to Universe mode, the easy way is by using the MyWWE import feature which you see on the bottom left when you want to start a new Universe mode. This will import all the pofo and moveset data for your character mods into Universe mode.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

@LexRed & @BlindedByTheGrace Small modification, I recently had a big pc crash, I had to format everything. Fortunately I have backups on my external drive for the games.

I will try again as soon as I can, I need time to update everything. I will not hesitate to leave a feedback. So I could try the game alone, or with mods, and I think, given the cleanup of the operating system, that everything will work properly.

See you later.

Ben

On 10/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, BlackBen83 said:

Hi, thanks, how are you?

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply, i'm great thanks for asking! 🥰

My Universe Mode runs finally but i haven't played any matches on it, cause i don't like UNiverse Mode hehe.

I have a question, im a noob in mods, i downloaded a new Raw 2021 Arena and it works fine, but when a superstar makes their entrance the titantron is just black, keep in mind the lights and everything else works fine during entrance...

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam345 said:

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply, i'm great thanks for asking! 🥰

My Universe Mode runs finally but i haven't played any matches on it, cause i don't like UNiverse Mode hehe.

I have a question, im a noob in mods, i downloaded a new Raw 2021 Arena and it works fine, but when a superstar makes their entrance the titantron is just black, keep in mind the lights and everything else works fine during entrance...

Thank you!

Hi,

My game was overloaded with mods, arenas, GFX especially. Recently, my pc had to be formatted.

I will reinstall everything as soon as I can, but at least to see the evolution of what I will install from now on. I'm going to take it easier, and test some things.

For the Raw 2021 arena, you need perhaps to update your arena with this one : RAW '21 (UPDATED 1.0) and follow all the steps :) This one was working fine before my pc went down.

Just delete the chunck.arc and regenerate as usual with CCT before restarting the game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

Hi,

My game was overloaded with mods, arenas, GFX especially. Recently, my pc had to be formatted.

I will reinstall everything as soon as I can, but at least to see the evolution of what I will install from now on. I'm going to take it easier, and test some things.

For the Raw 2021 arena, you need perhaps to update your arena with this one : RAW '21 (UPDATED 1.0) and follow all the steps :) This one was working fine before my pc went down.

Just delete the chunck.arc and regenerate as usual with CCT before restarting the game.

Hi Ben, 

i'm so sorry about your pc, i will stop downloading mods too :0

Just to tell you, i downloaded that version of Raw 2021 and what was going wrong is everything i change in WrestleMINUS doesn't change when i reopen WrestleMINUS ( i do clear and regenerate chunck)

Do you know how to set up WrestleMINUS i always get an error when i save changes it goes like "unexpected error, access to the path C:\....  is denied" 

Keep in mind i did set up the home directory, TexConv and Exe Location in Options Menu of WrestleMINUS. But the RadVideo Exe Location isn't installed so is BPE Exe and Unrrbe Exe and DDS Opening EXE. I did download these softwares or whatever but RadVideo tools' exe file doesnt load in WrestleMINUS but it works well outside of it. The BPE i tried enetring the download link but it sends me to a forum without any download link there. For the Unrrbpe it works but i have to reset it up everytime i open WrestleMINUS and finally the DDS Opening Exe is a paid software.... i don't want to pay for it.

Do you have solutions or how did you set up your WrestleMINUS?

Ps. I don't have the Data Editor thingy

40 minutes ago, Sam345 said:

Hi Ben, 

i'm so sorry about your pc, i will stop downloading mods too :0

Just to tell you, i downloaded that version of Raw 2021 and what was going wrong is everything i change in WrestleMINUS doesn't change when i reopen WrestleMINUS ( i do clear and regenerate chunck)

Do you know how to set up WrestleMINUS i always get an error when i save changes it goes like "unexpected error, access to the path C:\....  is denied" 

Keep in mind i did set up the home directory, TexConv and Exe Location in Options Menu of WrestleMINUS. But the RadVideo Exe Location isn't installed so is BPE Exe and Unrrbe Exe and DDS Opening EXE. I did download these softwares or whatever but RadVideo tools' exe file doesnt load in WrestleMINUS but it works well outside of it. The BPE i tried enetring the download link but it sends me to a forum without any download link there. For the Unrrbpe it works but i have to reset it up everytime i open WrestleMINUS and finally the DDS Opening Exe is a paid software.... i don't want to pay for it.

Do you have solutions or how did you set up your WrestleMINUS?

Ps. I don't have the Data Editor thingy

Thanks, no worries, I just reinstalled Steam already and the 2k19, my pc is fresh now. :)

Personally I only use WrestleMINUS, HxD, PacEditor, and CCT and DataEditor. But WrestleMINUS works alone if I'm not mistaken.
You just have to show him the path where your 2k19 .exe is when you fetch it and that's it, just like DataEditor.
To make the best use of WrestleMINUS, just make a copy of your file, for example here the two "misc_start and arena", in another folder elsewhere, which I would name "modded files".

Once WrestleMINUS is open, just drag one of them into it. It will open it for you. You can modify the lines you want, and don't forget to save before leaving. You should have the option that appears at the top next to the "search" tab.

If you need help don't hesitate.

Edited by BlackBen83