Using Custom Trons Game Crash

juskool14

So I've had a custom tron installed in the game and I've had it work repeatedly for weeks. Now however, no matter whether I go to create an entrance or even play a match before the entrance can be shown the game crashes...I did not change anything after installation that would cause this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, juskool14 said:

So I've had a custom tron installed in the game and I've had it work repeatedly for weeks. Now however, no matter whether I go to create an entrance or even play a match before the entrance can be shown the game crashes...I did not change anything after installation that would cause this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will follow this post, and give my opinion as well. Because I have the same problems as you.

My game crashes when loading "My WWE" or before an Exhibition game on a screen selection (or when the match is loading too), I can't launch Universe mode as well or create an entry curiously too.

I noticed several things (if that's the case). Some movesets (especially the Victory Poses) are missing (in game) and therefore corrupted, because they always appear in the main folder but if I re-inject with CCT the moveset, the victory pose doesn't appear.

There are also some lags a bit before a match starts at the arena presentation. From time to time the game crashes at this time as well. Maybe that's why it's impossible to enter the "Create Entry" mode without crashing? Due to the moveset or the trons? I don't know :/

Second strange thing, I modded my Cae_items (original, 10, 20 and the 30). When I go in "create a video" everything works perfectly, I can select my titantrons as I want, visualize them, it's the only mode I have no crash game.

I think I'll try to refresh the Steam folders first (again), check that the game works with the mods only first.
Then I'll add the movesets. Then I'll add trons too. Because unfortunately for the moment I don't have any ideas on where the crashes can come from.

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

On 10/18/2020 at 10:06 PM, juskool14 said:

Hi,

Can you check for the filesize of the custom tron? 
This seems to be an issue with custom gfx files with relatively large sizes hogging memory resources and causing these crashes.

From what I’ve seen , some of these files are too large in size so not properly optimised.

One way to test is to disable that tron in the moveset for the character and set it to none then try in gameplay.

• Like 2
  • Bliss 1

32 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with custom gfx files with relatively large sizes hogging memory resources and causing these crashes.

From what I’ve seen , some of these files are too large in size so not properly optimised.

One way to test is to disable that tron in the moveset for the character and set it to none then try in gameplay.

Some of my titantrons in .bk2 format are fullscreen indeed, when I play them via RadTool. How could we resize them? I can search on the net but without explicit results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

Some of my titantrons in .bk2 format are fullscreen indeed, when I play them via RadTool. How could we resize them? I can search on the net but without explicit results.

You can find details of the standard dimensions for each tron video in 2k19 in the gfx modding wiki (link below)

You may  have downloaded a 1920 x1080 resolution video on YouTube and converted it to bk2 format in Rad Video Tools without resizing.

https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/Tron_Modding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

You can find details of the standard dimensions for each tron video in 2k19 in the gfx modding wiki (link below)

You may  have downloaded a 1920 x1080 resolution video on YouTube and converted it to bk2 format in Rad Video Tools without resizing.

Thanks @squaredcirclefan I read I don't know how many times this tutorial, but I've only just seen now... the program to use to resize the trons: Any Audio Converter.

Shame on me 😂

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

6 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Yes that does seem to be the problem it was a GFX that was too big as when the game crashes it does mention something about memory. Thanks so much

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juskool14 said:

Yes that does seem to be the problem it was a GFX that was too big as when the game crashes it does mention something about memory. Thanks so much

Yeah, I just downloaded in 720p definition for test, the titantron is 4 times smaller. And I have no more lags or crashes for the moment.
Now I just have to redo the ones I converted to 1920x1080. That will take a lot of time :p 

@squaredcirclefan Thanks for the advice.

Ben

• Like 1