BG/Arena mods for WL

denbigh7

RR (or whomever),

Ok, so I've successfully been able to take a base arena from WL and edit the textures to my liking. I took the bg28.pac file (which is the Wrestling Challenge arena) and mod it into an old school AWA arena. (I even learned how to "pad out the zeros" in Hex to make the files the same size as the original.) I swapped it with the original bg28 and it works great in the game. Success! I used bg28 because it has a very old school, 80's vibe of an arena, and all I really changed was adding AWA logos anywhere there was a WWF logo.

Here's my question, though: I really like the original Wrestling Challenge arena. I'd love to have both in the game. Can I rename my edited AWA arena to say "bg19.pac" and insert it in that arena's place? I realize that I'll have to change a few things to make it work. (Such as, do I need to make it the same size as whatever arena I'm replacing by padding out the zeros like the other textures files I did?) I also realize that I'll need to change the arena thumbnail, titles and probably some other things as well to make it look legit. But mainly, I just wanted to know if it would screw anything up in the game by trying this. I wasn't sure if WL was designed with only certain base arenas working in certain slots. 

Yes you need to make the arena the same size file as the one you are replacing so that you dont need to change the arc.

As long as you pick an arena that is larger than the one you want to add you can just add 00s to it and it will work.

Only problem is if the arena has a ramp then you need to replace it with a ramp arena and no ramp arena needs to replace a no ramp arena.

Some arena slots also have issues with rope colour if i recall correctly but thats all you need to know

• Like 1