Titantron Re-sized

rynebrandon

Many of the throwback superstars (like say Triple H '14) only have the smaller, old-school titantrons in the game. However, if I replace these trons with a new one that has larger dimensions, the game squeezes them down to fit within that smaller box. It doesn't do this for newly created slots via CCT or any wrestlers that originally had the full-size Trons, implying this is something coded into the game.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

You are correct -- there is data coded into the game that controls which size/versions of the Titantrons are active for each character. This is due to most throwback/non-modern wrestlers only having the single "Old School" size of tons present in the game.

This is controlled in the file assetconv_p30.pac. If you open it in Wrestleminus, you will be able to modify many different things about different character slots, including what Titantron Sizes are available to them. I haven't opened the file in a little bit and I"m not at my computer to check, but if I"m remembering correctly it's just a check box toggle to turn them on. (Pertaining to titantron sizes 0, 1, and 2).

You'll see that Triple H '14 and many other throwback superstars will only have the old school/2 size checked off. You can toggle the other ones on to allow that slot to use the other size of trons.

• Like 1

Dude, Good looking out! Thank you so much!

As it turns out, WrestleMinus doesn't allow you to make the changes (when you check the boxes, they instantly uncheck for some reason).

For anyone else who stumbles upon this thread later on, there is a way to do it (though it is a bit of a pain). Follow the instructions below. It takes a little while to get used to reading the Hex information (for me anyway), but once you do it's super easy. 

• Like 1