WWE 2K Battlegrounds

me man

WWE 2K Battlegrounds is here, I know it's not what we're been used to in recent years around this time, but it's what was put out. Definitely a change up. I guess after the technical difficulties and the corporate headbutting that gave us 2k20 they could use some time to regroup. It's a different take on a wrestling game for sure. It looks like all-stars, but a little more advanced. I haven't played it yet, but didn't see anything about it on the site so I figured I'd ask about it.

It looks like fun. I'm curious to hear thought on it from people who have played it. Is it engaging? Is it fun? Is it too cheesy?

Even though it's probably, for the most part, too soon to ask, any ideas if anything looks modifiable? Or is anyone with experience going to attempt it?

Edited by me man
  • Yes! 1

12 hours ago, me man said:

WWE 2K Battlegrounds is here, I know it's not what we're been used to in recent years around this time, but it's what was put out. Definitely a change up. I guess after the technical difficulties and the corporate headbutting that gave us 2k20 they could use some time to regroup. It's a different take on a wrestling game for sure. It looks like all-stars, but a little more advanced. I haven't played it yet, but didn't see anything about it on the site so I figured I'd ask about it.

It looks like fun. I'm curious to hear thought on it from people who have played it. Is it engaging? Is it fun? Is it too cheesy?

Even though it's probably, for the most part, too soon to ask, any ideas if anything looks modifiable? Or is anyone with experience going to attempt it?

Hi,

I haven't played the game yet or purchased it, but it is indeed moddable , at least attire textures and arenas in part for now. You will probably find a preview of a few attires on the 2km Discord.

Obviously more experienced modders will need to get involved in analysing data for the game  for further modding possibilities.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, Red Rooster said:

Installed it, played it, deleted it, refunded it.

Horrible cash grab from 2k

That bad huh?

That's a shame. It looks kinda fun, although be it in a tacky kind of way.

I know going from 2k19 to Battlegrounds is kind of like going from Madden to Blitz.

What about it didn't meet expectations? Was the game-play smooth? Was 2p competitive? Did it just have a generic feel to it? I understand it's a completely different game, but you knew that when you bought it. What made it such a letdown?

• 3 weeks later...

This is the best WWE game I've played in ten years! It's so fucking fun. I'm so fucking tired of the sim games.

To anyone saying currency is hard to get, they're goddamn stupid. I have 120k right now, and I have 75% of the game unlocked. King of the Battlegrounds is an isnanely fun mode, and nets you 5k for like 10 minute runs. I lasted 51 mins and got 17k once.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, me man said:

That bad huh?

That's a shame. It looks kinda fun, although be it in a tacky kind of way.

I know going from 2k19 to Battlegrounds is kind of like going from Madden to Blitz.

What about it didn't meet expectations? Was the game-play smooth? Was 2p competitive? Did it just have a generic feel to it? I understand it's a completely different game, but you knew that when you bought it. What made it such a letdown?

Don't listen to that dude. If you love fun games, you'll love this game. It's that simple.

i havent bought it yet but from all the gameplay vid i have seen it reminds me alot of the old Def Jam games witch were always a lot of fun to play.

but what are pc specs for the game just wondering if i can handle it or need to get it for console

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, Fawuwu said:

i havent bought it yet but from all the gameplay vid i have seen it reminds me alot of the old Def Jam games witch were always a lot of fun to play.

but what are pc specs for the game just wondering if i can handle it or need to get it for console

if you can run any unreal engine 4 game (SFV/Tekken/Samurai Jack/etc) you can run this