Game Crashes

BlackBen83

Hi all, I hope someone can help me for some advice(s)

Some time ago, maybe two or three weeks ago, I had a problem with corrupted entries on the original superstars via .evt. (note that the files were in the "evt" folder but didn't appear in game anymore. Which curiously made me crash the game :

- in loading / selecting characters in exhibition mode

- on loading screen in "my WWE" (so how to change pofo and moveset if crashes? :p )

- The universe mode is launched once out of three or four times (on loading screen the game crashes)

- And I can't create, or modify an entrance wrestler (... boring).. when the arena is loading, the sound lag 3 times and the game crashes.

Ok, understanding that these files needed to be "cleaned", I started again a brand new file recovery, via Steam.

I try the new game without and with all my saved files (arenas, mods, trons... ect). The normal game was working, once the modded I realized for the first time that by removing the "Univers mode" save from my game everything was working again. Curiously, don't understand why the Universe mode crashed the game? 😱

So I spent more than three evenings handing in the movesets and pofos via CCT (logic). And then from time to time I still had a little fun :D So...

In the meantime I restarted a Universe mode, creating the 3 main shows in addition to the 3 existing ones. I saved, everything was fine.
I remember re-installing the evt. + new moves packs of @squaredcirclefan, but I never had any problems with these files.

I have edited my CAE_items 10, 20 and 30 to have max titantrons in game. All is ok for those files, and I have create backup of all my custom game now.

Now last night I don't understand, for example, I "lost" in game the entries and victories of Dana Brooke. Three weeks ago it was on the DLC pack (War Raiders, and Lio Rush), the evt and victory motion had disappeared :/
It's random... and I think that's what's causing the game to crash at creating an entrance... before a fight during loading screen... during the launch of the fight and titantron.

I have test to refresh with Vanilla Files... the corrupted one when I see those in game.. but it doesn't work.

It's a bit long to explain even if the problem is recurrent and quite targeted.
Thank you for reading me. I hope that someone will be able to give me some advice, on my side I am still looking.

Have a nice day.

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

I repost just now because I just thought about what @squaredcirclefan told me a little before in his post.

Indeed I forgot to copy and paste the packs in the "Mods" folder the file in CCT. Nooby that I am, the last time I had this problem it fixed me the game crashes.

I'll come back here when I'll try again by Sunday night. I'll let you feedback if it can help someone who has the same problem.

See you later.

Ben

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:13 AM, BlackBen83 said:

I repost just now because I just thought about what @squaredcirclefan told me a little before in his post.

Indeed I forgot to copy and paste the packs in the "Mods" folder the file in CCT. Nooby that I am, the last time I had this problem it fixed me the game crashes.

I'll come back here when I'll try again by Sunday night. I'll let you feedback if it can help someone who has the same problem.

See you later.

Ben

What did you do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Lake said:

What did you do

Hey,

I tried to update some files, lately those of @squaredcirclefan entrances and movesets. Everything is ok in game.

For the moment the game is working fine, but every now and then if I want to go to universe mode it crashes. Luckily it manages to load some times. Perhaps I'll retry with a new fresh Universe mode. It would be nice to be able to edit it faster (especially for team creation), because every time I had to redo it, it's the thing I don't have time to do.

For the entries, I directly loaded an entry creation from an existing wrestler like Aiden English for example. I saved it, then I could fix the whole thing, and open the mods instead of the original wrestlers to assign trons and the rest.

I noticed that if I exit without "saving" the entrance creation menu, the game crashes as well.

I'm not sure yet where that might come from for all those crashes. All the files are technically in place, and good.

For the moment Exhibition mode works fine.

Ben