Do not have your mods stuck behind a paywall

DrJoeyMagnum

Hi guys,
Just so it's crystal clear you're not allowed to sell/hold any mod behind a paywall or behind a site like patreon, it's illegal to sell 2K assists and they have taken action against modders before

image.png

So if you've posted any links to mods hidden behind patreon or other paywalls remove them ASAP and that includes youtube, twitter etc because if you don't, you will get a warning 

• Like 15
  • Yes! 4

• Cave Waverider featured this topic
On 9/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

Hi guys,
Just so it's crystal clear you're not allowed to sell/hold any mod behind a paywall or behind a site like patreon, it's illegal to sell 2K assists and they have taken action against modders before

image.png

So if you've posted any links to mods hidden behind patreon or other paywalls remove them ASAP and that includes youtube, twitter etc because if you don't, you will get a warning 

5. All mods that are showcased have to be released free of charge and without gates on the Smacktalks forums. Charging for mods and advertising of mods that require payment or "donations" or other gates to download and use is not allowed.

18 minutes ago, sheepy0001 said:

5. All mods that are showcased have to be released free of charge and without gates on the Smacktalks forums. Charging for mods and advertising of mods that require payment or "donations" or other gates to download and use is not allowed.

Ungated content allows visitors to access the content without filling out any forms or providing any information. Dming for content makes the content gated which goes against the site rules. 

if u listened to me from the start it be resolved by now

says it clearly on there page to dm for access. its bad i know the rules more than you. not arguing just want this resolved 

and if u were civil with me instead of automatically banning u would know im reasonable.

sorry for the annoyance truce?

For whom? JN? there's no clear evidence of JN charging for mods for all I know he gives them away for free, I can't punish someone for something they *might* have done 

9 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

For whom? JN? there's no clear evidence of JN charging for mods for all I know he gives them away for free, I can't punish someone for something they *might* have done 

why ban me before i can reply

I never said jn was selling them jn got narcy with me not the other way around

All i said is if says on there thread to dm for links that makes the content gated. What arent you getting with this? Which means it goes against site rules

Get another admin on this as u ban people when they tell u what the site rules are and u cant enforce them

And about it being reported i ve told you and directed u to the page that says dm for links 

Do your job instead of me telling u what the rules say

This is pathetic now 

I'm banning you because you've been banned from the site for making multiple alt accounts,

I've explained that I can't punish JN because he's not explicitly saying pay me for the mods, it's NOT against the rules to ask someone to dm them 

• Like 7
  • Woo 1

• DrJoeyMagnum locked this topic