Wrestling Legends Mod Commission Request

denbigh7

I think that the Wrestling Legends Mod is a near perfect game, and I’m very grateful to all who contributed to its creation.

Being a huge fan of wrestling in the 80’s, I’m not really an ECW guy, but more WWF/AWA/NWA. There are a few things I’d love to see added to the game, and would being willing to commission (pay) someone who might be interested in making it happen (as long as Red Rooster and any other creators are ok with that.) 

If adding new mods would mean that certain wrestlers/rings/belts get replaced, I’d be fine with any of the ECW stuff being replaced (no offense to any ECW fans, it was just after my time.)

Here’s what I’m looking for:

AWA ring, Classic NWA ring, World Class ring, Mid South ring

AWA belt, UWF belt

Adrian Adonis, Jesse Ventura, Billy Jack Haynes, 

Please let me know if anyone is interested in taking this on.

Thanks!

• Too Sweet 1

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that. I've never tried my hand at creating any mods yet, but I'm willing to learn. If I want to mod arenas/wrestlers to make them compatible for 2K14 (Wrestling Legends), would I use the same tools that modders are using for 2K19/20, etc? With it being an older game, I'm guessing there's a lot of difference. 

And then after I create these mods, how difficult will it be to insert them into the WL mod?

Awesome, thanks! I'll check those out. Been looking at getting Xpacker for a while anyways, so this will give me a good excuse.

Theoretically, if I'm able to pull this off and make a few mods for 2K14 (Wrestling Legends), would the best method for insertion be to simply overwrite one of the wrestlers already in the game? Or add it to an empty CAW slot?

For the arenas, I'm guessing I'd overwrite one of the arenas I didn't want, correct?

RR,

I was able to find someone willing to make the wrestler mods for me, so I'm good there. (I could use some guidance with pofo installation, however.)

As far as arenas and belts, let me ask you this: Would it be possible for me to put the regular version of 2K14 on my Xbox RGH, create the extra arenas and belts that I want within the actual game itself, export them to a usb drive, then do a fresh install of Wrestling Legends on my RGH, and install/write over the arenas and belts I don't want with the ones on my usb? (Does that make sense?) Basically, create them in 2K14 and transport them to WL. Do you think that would work?

15 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

RR,

I was able to find someone willing to make the wrestler mods for me, so I'm good there. (I could use some guidance with pofo installation, however.)

As far as arenas and belts, let me ask you this: Would it be possible for me to put the regular version of 2K14 on my Xbox RGH, create the extra arenas and belts that I want within the actual game itself, export them to a usb drive, then do a fresh install of Wrestling Legends on my RGH, and install/write over the arenas and belts I don't want with the ones on my usb? (Does that make sense?) Basically, create them in 2K14 and transport them to WL. Do you think that would work?

No, you have a lot to learn about how the game works if you want to continue with this idea. 

In WL we removed the CAA and CAB files to make room for more wrestlers, even if you make the arenas and belts on the original 2k14 the assets arent in WL anymore so the game cant make them. 

2 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

No, you have a lot to learn about how the game works if you want to continue with this idea. 

In WL we removed the CAA and CAB files to make room for more wrestlers, even if you make the arenas and belts on the original 2k14 the assets arent in WL anymore so the game cant make them. 

Ah, I see. I kind of thought that option might be too good to be true.

So, would the better option be to take an arena from WL (say an ECW arena) and attempt mod it to my liking? Or, start from scratch with some arena as a base model?

Also, would you mind pointing me in the direction of how pofos work in WL? I'm very familiar with CCT and 2K19 pofos, but I'm guessing 2K14 is quite different. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

pofos work pretty similarly to 2k19 except use Xpacker to edit name string, height, weight etc and do stats etc in game.

Yeah pick a base arena, mod it and add it to the game to replace one you dont want.

Thanks my friend. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. 

I actually just got Xpacker today, so I'll start playing around with that. I was able to get a mod installed (replaced PN News), now just need to work on the pofo. 

I've been asking a ton of what I'm sure are dumb questions, so I apologize for that. Trying very hard to learn and understand things.

I've installed an Adrian Adonis mod over PN News (slot 433), and it works great. Now I'm trying to figure out how to edit his pofo. Before editing the pofo name, I need to edit the string pac, correct? I read through this entire "editing the string.pac" tutorial, but I'm a little stuck on the first step. It says to open "the latest dlc file with Le Fluffie". In Wrestling Legends, which file is that exactly? Is that "dlc2_community2"? I tried that, but then I don't see a pac option in the contents tab.

I also tried opening DLC.pac and dlc_mot01.pac, but Le Fluffie wouldn't open either of those. 

Is it indeed possible to edit/inject pofos into WL? Or is that tutorial I mentioned only for 2K14? 

Grateful for your guidance.

The latest DLC is the last one they made for 2k14 which is A09DECBF32B71FF36D0CBE0AF56B1618CA47CEEB54 That is DLC5. If you open it with Le Fluffie it even says DLC Add On 5.

If you are going to undertake this kind of project, no one is going to hold your hand through it, you are going to have to learn the way we all did, through trial and error.

Wrestling Legends is 2k14, anything that works for 2k14 works for WL.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my friend....

So, I promise I've been working dilligently over the past week and half attempting to figure out some things as opposed to just asking questions. I've been pouring over every tutorial I could find in the archives, any YouTube videos that could help....I feel like I'm making some progress. At the very least, I have a better understanding of extracting and injecting files. 

There are a few things I'm attempting to do:

1 is to add (or write over) some of the modded wrestlers in WL with new mods. I've succesfully been able to do that.

2 is to change the pofo to reflect the name of the new wrestler. I'm having trouble with that. It's not that I don't understand how it works, as I've been using CCT to add pofo's/movesets in 2K19 for a couple of years now. But with 2K14 being a much older game (and on Xbox), the method is obviously much different. I've read your tutorial on editing the string and then changing the pofo. But no matter what I do, the name doesn't change. When I get to the very last step, I keep getting this error message:

jzrFVkdy_o.png

I always hit "continue" in the hopes that it will work, but no success yet. At least not success in changing the actual name. I have been able to add a new pofo to a slot. For example, I've added an Adrian Adonis mod over PN News, slot 433. I know that his name is too long to just write over PN News' name in the string, so I wrote "Adrian Adonis" over "Ricardo Rodriguez" which is EBA3. I changed that pofo slot 433 to reflect the new name (EBA3). And now, when I choose him in the menu, it no longer says PN News, but Ricardo Rodriguez. But it still doesn't say Adrian Adonis. Any idea why this isn't working for me? Or why I'm getting this error?

3. Lastly, I'm trying to figure out how to add renders, but nearly all the tutorials I find are how to add renders to CAWS. I found one render tutorial on replacing "selection pics", which I'm guessing is renders, but all the images from this tutorial have expired, making it extremely difficult to follow. For the record, I did attempt to follow the tutorial anyways, but with no success. 

So anyways, there you go....lots of questions that are once again humbly asking for assistance. But I promise, I've really been putting in the work attempting to figure it out on my own. I need your wisdom, Obi-Wan!

Edited by denbigh7
Typo