TITLE BELT TUTORIAL PART 3. : RING ANNOUNCER DATA FOR TITLE BELTS

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

PREAMBLE

This is the third and final part of the title belt tutorial. You will need to go through the first two parts I have previously posted.

I have tried to break  these down as easily as I could, but there is one thing to keep in mind

These tutorials might be a bit daunting if you are not used to working in Hex or you are just beginning to mod your game . The procedures outlined are manually and there is no easy way around it. Even If I created a video tutorial, you will still have to understand hex editing.

The main file which handles a lot of the sound data in the game is the sound_p30.pac file located in the pac\audio folder.

This file doesn't contain any audio files like you find in the 2k19\sound folder. This file is like a data bank which the game engine reads to determine which sound files to play for each from the sound folder for each event in the game.

As I have mentioned in a few tutorials, this file contains among other things

1. Ring announcer data for superstars, CAWS  and title belts

2.Pre-match commentary data during entrances

3. Data for crowd chants, crowds  and superstar intro speech\ voice overs

4.gameplay chants

5. Arena  ambient sounds

6.superstar specific  gameplay commentary

7. Commentary for move animations 

8. Universe mode cutscenes commentary etc.

TITLE BELTS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Each title belt in the game has its own ID and slot. A title  announcement is assigned to every belt slot.

This is the title ID reference sheet I put together. I have posted the same sheet in the first 2 parts of this tutorial.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14VXJAJxuXZGufibUDkvbEIjYpfpvagmGM8uE_wh6Pmg/edit#gid=0

If you look in the sheet, the ID 34 is listed as UNIVERSAL TITLE. This means all the Universal Tile announcements are  assigned to ID 34.

If I wanted to place the blue Universal title mod in a different slot to replace one of the titles  i don't use, say the WWE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP with ID 1A, I will need to copy the data from slot 34 and paste it over the slot 1A in the file. What will happen is the Undisputed Championship will be announced as the Universal Title. This does not affect the original slot in anyway. 

You will need Pac Editor and Hxd for this tutorial.

1. Open the sound_p30.pac file (pac\audio folder)  in pac editor.

2. Double click on the file highlighted (0BFD09......) to view its contents.

RLbpc5A.jpg

3. Double click on the 00C8.Zlib.

4.Highlight the 0018.rabt and select EXTRACT. 

oRD4EjV.jpg

5. Open the extracted 0018.rabt file in HxD.

Here is a screenshot of the file

The first entry is ID 00. Each entry is 12 bytes long.

The entry for belt ID 00 (wwe championship)  is 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 B8 03 66 38

The entry for belt ID 01 (World Heavyweight Championship) is 01 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 5F 68 3B D6

The entry for belt ID 34 (Universal title) is 34 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 FE D2 8A 31

Some belts have the same ring announcement so they will have similar ID'  . The last 4 bytes will be the same.

If you observe the ID's i marked , you will discover 14is missing. This is the ID for the Light Heavyweight Title ring announcement which is removed in 2k19.

If you want to use the Light Heavyweight Title in that slot, the data from the  2K18 sound file can be copied over and inserted (The data is the same)

sT6THYq.jpg

The 2k18 data for the light heavyweight title is 14 00 00 00 2E 00 00 00 26 93 15 F0

The 2k18 data for the ECW World Television Championship is 2B 00 00 00 31 00 00 00 EE B7 0D C5.

Lets say you want to place the modded Universal title and the intercontinental titles in those slots

modded Universal Title in the slot for the Light Heavyweight championship

modded Intercontinental title in the slot for the ECW World Television Championship

First we look up the ID's for both titles. We already have the Universal Title as 34.

The intercontinental championship is 04 or 12 .I can select any of the two. The bytes  for slot 4 is 04 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 70 DC 33 8E.

All I need to do is paste insert these after the preceding ID numbers. 14 after 13 and 2B after 2A

Here is a screenshot with the Bytes inserted into the right places.

Now if you remember from parts 1 and 2, there is an unused slot with a render 4B. This ID is also missing. I have inserted  the ring announcement data for the intercontinental title right after the bytes for the North American Championship (belt ID 3D)

tYVD6tX.jpg

There is ring announcement data included for two title belts which are not in the game but have ring announcements recorded in the ra_m.pck file.

1.The Internet Championship (slot 1D . The announcer ID is 1D 00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 BE 7D 6F 4D)

2. The AWA Heavyweight Championship. (Slot 2D. The Announcer ID is 2D 00 00 00 19 00 00 00 17 F7 83 BC)

These slot have no renders and are not listed in the 0005.datfile for belts so it doesn't look like they have memory addresses assigned.

The pac files for the belts are also not in 2k19.

Both  belts were part of the title belts in last gen games which were removed or not used in current gen, though pac files for the belts were placed in the evt_belts pac files in WWE 2K15 PC (were unused)  and removed thereafter.

The other belts which were removed or not used in current gen are

Rated-R WWE Championship (2k15 files.)

The Miz WWE Championship

Internet Championship (Zack Ryder) (2k15 files)

WWE Intercontinental Championship '87 (2k15 files)

World Heavyweight Championship '87 (2k15 files)

World Heavyweight Championship '86 (2k15 files)

WWE Tag Team Championship '85-'98 (2k15 files)

AWA World Heavyweight Championship (2k15 files).

I came across the textures and belts pac files  a while back. I don't know how well they work in 19.

After editing, save and inject the 0018.rabt file back in the 0018.rabt in Pac editor. (use the INJECT function)

That's all.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 4

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TITLE BELT TUTORIAL PART 3. : RING ANNOUNCER DATA FOR TITLE BELTS
  • 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

do we have to make changes to the first line? As in, the offset is now changed so do we have to edit?

Hi,

No we don't as the bottom of that file has blank entries.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2020 at 1:17 AM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

PREAMBLE

This is the third and final part of the title belt tutorial. You will need to go through the first two parts I have previously posted.

I have tried to break  these down as easily as I could, but there is one thing to keep in mind

These tutorials might be a bit daunting if you are not used to working in Hex or you are just beginning to mod your game . The procedures outlined are manually and there is no easy way around it. Even If I created a video tutorial, you will still have to understand hex editing.

The main file which handles a lot of the sound data in the game is the sound_p30.pac file located in the pac\audio folder.

This file doesn't contain any audio files like you find in the 2k19\sound folder. This file is like a data bank which the game engine reads to determine which sound files to play for each from the sound folder for each event in the game.

As I have mentioned in a few tutorials, this file contains among other things

1. Ring announcer data for superstars, CAWS  and title belts

2.Pre-match commentary data during entrances

3. Data for crowd chants, crowds  and superstar intro speech\ voice overs

4.gameplay chants

5. Arena  ambient sounds

6.superstar specific  gameplay commentary

7. Commentary for move animations 

8. Universe mode cutscenes commentary etc.

TITLE BELTS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Each title belt in the game has its own ID and slot. A title  announcement is assigned to every belt slot.

This is the title ID reference sheet I put together. I have posted the same sheet in the first 2 parts of this tutorial.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14VXJAJxuXZGufibUDkvbEIjYpfpvagmGM8uE_wh6Pmg/edit#gid=0

If you look in the sheet, the ID 34 is listed as UNIVERSAL TITLE. This means all the Universal Tile announcements are  assigned to ID 34.

If I wanted to place the blue Universal title mod in a different slot to replace one of the titles  i don't use, say the WWE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP with ID 1A, I will need to copy the data from slot 34 and paste it over the slot 1A in the file. What will happen is the Undisputed Championship will be announced as the Universal Title. This does not affect the original slot in anyway. 

You will need Pac Editor and Hxd for this tutorial.

1. Open the sound_p30.pac file (pac\audio folder)  in pac editor.

2. Double click on the file highlighted (0BFD09......) to view its contents.

RLbpc5A.jpg

3. Double click on the 00C8.Zlib.

4.Highlight the 0018.rabt and select EXTRACT. 

oRD4EjV.jpg

5. Open the extracted 0018.rabt file in HxD.

Here is a screenshot of the file

The first entry is ID 00. Each entry is 12 bytes long.

The entry for belt ID 00 (wwe championship)  is 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 B8 03 66 38

The entry for belt ID 01 (World Heavyweight Championship) is 01 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 5F 68 3B D6

The entry for belt ID 34 (Universal title) is 34 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 FE D2 8A 31

Some belts have the same ring announcement so they will have similar ID'  . The last 4 bytes will be the same.

If you observe the ID's i marked , you will discover 14is missing. This is the ID for the Light Heavyweight Title ring announcement which is removed in 2k19.

If you want to use the Light Heavyweight Title in that slot, the data from the  2K18 sound file can be copied over and inserted (The data is the same)

sT6THYq.jpg

The 2k18 data for the light heavyweight title is 14 00 00 00 2E 00 00 00 26 93 15 F0

The 2k18 data for the ECW World Television Championship is 2B 00 00 00 31 00 00 00 EE B7 0D C5.

Lets say you want to place the modded Universal title and the intercontinental titles in those slots

modded Universal Title in the slot for the Light Heavyweight championship

modded Intercontinental title in the slot for the ECW World Television Championship

First we look up the ID's for both titles. We already have the Universal Title as 34.

The intercontinental championship is 04 or 12 .I can select any of the two. The bytes  for slot 4 is 04 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 70 DC 33 8E.

All I need to do is paste insert these after the preceding ID numbers. 14 after 13 and 2B after 2A

Here is a screenshot with the Bytes inserted into the right places.

Now if you remember from parts 1 and 2, there is an unused slot with a render 4B. This ID is also missing. I have inserted  the ring announcement data for the intercontinental title right after the bytes for the North American Championship (belt ID 3D)

tYVD6tX.jpg

There is ring announcement data included for two title belts which are not in the game but have ring announcements recorded in the ra_m.pck file.

1.The Internet Championship (slot 1D . The announcer ID is 1D 00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 BE 7D 6F 4D)

2. The AWA Heavyweight Championship. (Slot 2D. The Announcer ID is 2D 00 00 00 19 00 00 00 17 F7 83 BC)

These slot have no renders and are not listed in the 0005.datfile for belts so it doesn't look like they have memory addresses assigned.

The pac files for the belts are also not in 2k19.

Both  belts were part of the title belts in last gen games which were removed or not used in current gen, though pac files for the belts were placed in the evt_belts pac files in WWE 2K15 PC (were unused)  and removed thereafter.

The other belts which were removed or not used in current gen are

Rated-R WWE Championship (2k15 files.)

The Miz WWE Championship

Internet Championship (Zack Ryder) (2k15 files)

WWE Intercontinental Championship '87 (2k15 files)

World Heavyweight Championship '87 (2k15 files)

World Heavyweight Championship '86 (2k15 files)

WWE Tag Team Championship '85-'98 (2k15 files)

AWA World Heavyweight Championship (2k15 files).

I came across the textures and belts pac files  a while back. I don't know how well they work in 19.

After editing, save and inject the 0018.rabt file back in the 0018.rabt in Pac editor. (use the INJECT function)

That's all.

I have problem the names in my ra_m.pck file doesn't show up. How can I replace the ring announcement of the light heavyweight championship in my ra_m.pck file.

48 minutes ago, Joaking10 said:

I have problem the names in my ra_m.pck file doesn't show up. How can I replace the ring announcement of the light heavyweight championship in my ra_m.pck file.

Hi. You will need to download the custom data.xml file in this mod and place it in the sound editor folder.  https://prowrestlingmods.io/file/0aac0994bf70a5964f1e0f1d92c96511

2 hours ago, dokoham said:

sorry to bother you

can you try to unlock the showcase wrestlers on 2k22 like the method of golden aj please?

Hi, 

modders are still working on being able to access the files since none of our tools can do so at the moment. So it’s still too early to see what’s possible and what’s not at this time. 

5 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, 

modders are still working on being able to access the files since none of our tools can do so at the moment. So it’s still too early to see what’s possible and what’s not at this time. 

ok i see now thank you 

look forward your good news in future

• 1 month later...

I've come this far! Thank you for this tutorial. However I am wondering how I can attached particular belt that I can use to add a custom AEW Women's Championship/Champion call replacements in Sound Editor.

• 5 months later...

Did you find the file which allows you to change the stats for title wins in Universe Mode?

For example, I want to completely delete the "clones" of John Cena (John Cena '03, John Cena '13, etc) from the title wins statistics... I haven't found anything on this yet.

Edited by bigblackbigmac

23 minutes ago, bigblackbigmac said:

Did you find the file which allows you to change the stats for title wins in Universe Mode?

For example, I want to completely delete the "clones" of John Cena (John Cena '03, John Cena '13, etc) from the title wins statistics... I haven't found anything on this yet.

Hi,

It's not something i've looked into as I just never bothered about it that much. Though Im quite sure that data is in one of the misc files as its default data in the game, probably one of  the misc05_save ,misc01_start or wunidata.pac file in the pac\Universe mode folder.

The data the game reads will either contain the ID's of the characters or the string ID of the character's names which are listed in the string file.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

It's not something i've looked into as I just never bothered about it that much. Though Im quite sure that data is in one of the misc files as its default data in the game, probably one of  the misc05_save ,misc01_start or wunidata.pac file in the pac\Universe mode folder.

The data the game reads will either contain the ID's of the characters or the string ID of the character's names which are listed in the string file.

I went through all those files and everything was encrypted (except for the 0005.dat in misc05 which includes name strings and other stuff like the current champion, but nothing about past title wins), so I couldn't find anything related to Universe statistics. Thanks anyway.

Instead I might try to delete all those "cloned" wrestlers. Also instead of replacing the '05-'13 wwe title, I replaced the WCW Hardcore title with the AEW one, as it only shows one reign by Bam Bam Bigelow in the stats.

19 hours ago, bigblackbigmac said:

I went through all those files and everything was encrypted (except for the 0005.dat in misc05 which includes name strings and other stuff like the current champion, but nothing about past title wins), so I couldn't find anything related to Universe statistics. Thanks anyway.

Instead I might try to delete all those "cloned" wrestlers. Also instead of replacing the '05-'13 wwe title, I replaced the WCW Hardcore title with the AEW one, as it only shows one reign by Bam Bam Bigelow in the stats.

Hi,

The data you are looking for is in the misc05-save file. the 0006.dat file inside the 0004.pac when you open and extract with pac editor. Wjat you can use to search is the number of days the title is held in hexadecimal format.

The thing with the misc05 save data is it will only load when you start a new universe or a fresh save . 

Please send all other responses through a PM as this thread is for a ring announcer tutorial.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 1