TITLE BELTS TUTORIAL (PART 1) : USING MODDED TITLE BELTS IN 2K19. (editing the title belt data in the misc05_save.pac file

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

I will be putting up a tutorial on title belts in the game.

This tutorial will cover.

1. The belt param data file in the misc05_save.pac 

2. The belt control data file in the evt_data.pac file

3. The ring announcer data for title belts in the sound_p30.pac file.

4. Title belt renders

This info will be useful if you are replacing a title belt you don't use with a different one. 

I will update the thread as soon as I complete each section of the tutorial. Stay Tuned.

PART 1 : The belt param data file.

For this tutorial, you will require the following tools.

1. Pac Editor or X-Packer.

2. HxD (hex editor)

3. Wrestleminus to open and view the superstring file.

So lets get on with it.

The misc05_save.pac file contains default data for the title belts which you see listed in the TITLE MANAGEMENT menu. The data is located in the 0005.dat file.

First we need to extract this file from the misc05 file.

1. Open the misc05_save.pac file in pac editor or X-Packer.

2.Extract the 0005.dat file from it . Open the file in the hex editor HxD.

This is a screenshot of the top section of the file. I have highlighted some data in yellow which I will explain .

The 01 highlighted is the byte which enables the belt show up in the menu for selection

The D4 07 (swap the bytes to 07 D4 and convert to decimal gives 2004) is the ID for the belt prop (2004.pac). This is the straight belt used in the title match introduction, title victory motions and title belt entrances where the character has the belt held in the hand or placed on the shoulder.

The Highlighted 0 is belt ID 0. This is the WWE Championship belt assigned to AJ Styles by default.

I had created a belt ID and render sheet which lists all the belts, their ID and the ID's for the render. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14VXJAJxuXZGufibUDkvbEIjYpfpvagmGM8uE_wh6Pmg/edit#gid=0

If you look in the first row of this sheet, you will see Belt ID 0 is the WWE championship with Render ID 1 in the ltag_belt_all_win.pac file. (Render ID 0 contains reference data) 

The array of bytes highlighted are flipped as 03 34 E2, 03 35 AA and 03 3C B2.

These three array of bytes are the Hex Ref ID's for the string names used in the Title management menu, universe mode menu , title selection in exhibition mode and the match-up screen.

If you open the string_win.pac file and scroll down to locate these ID's , you will see the title names listed.

The 62 02 highlighted (flip to 02 62 and convert to decimal gives 610) is the Character ID for AJ Styles. This is the ID for the character the belt is assigned to by default if you start of with a fresh save. This ID is in two places 

The A8 10 (Flipped as 10 A8) is a sort of belt type assignment code which assigns the belt as a male singles title. Here are a few used in the file

A8 10 , 98 10 or 88 10  - Male singles title

A9 10, 99 10 or 89 10 - Female singles title

AA 10, 9A 10 or 8A 10 - Male tag title

AB 10, 9B 10 or 8B 10 - Female tag titles - This code  are not assigned to any title by default as there is no female tag title in 2k19

9C 10  Cruiserweight title.

This is especially useful if you are replacing a title belt and you want to convert it to a different title. For instance converting one of the unused tag title belts to a Women's title belt if you are replacing with  Women's tag title  belts. 

If you wanted to convert  the Universal title to a Women's title belt, you just need to change the assignment bytes.

y7DL5qj.jpg

Lets look at one of the tag titles. The Raw Tag team Championship. 

In the sheet I posted, the ID is 36. 

To locate the data , you can perform a hex search for 36 00 00 00. Remember the ID's are located in the same position.

Here is a screenshot.

Similar to the first example

The prop ID for the belt is 07DD (2013.pac)

The string names for the belt used in the menu are 3  34 86, 3 35 4E and 3 3C 56.

If you are replacing a belt and you need to change the title name in the menu, you only need to locate and change these three string names. No need searching through the string file to replace multiple names. 

For instance, If I wanted to change the name to the name of a title already in the game, I only need to replace the string ID with those for that title. 

The A9 01 and 8D 01 (flipped to 1 A9 and 18D and converted to decimal 397 and 425) are the character ID's for Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas who the belts are assigned to by default. If you look in the belt render sheet, you will see the render is 002F . This is what you need to locate in the ltag belt render file.

You will also notice the belt assignment is 9A 10. (Male tag team titles)

eDm2K7J.jpg

UNUSED SLOTS.

There are three unused title belt slots in the game with renders which you can use for modded belts if you are not replacing

Two removed in 2k19 which were in 2k18 (Light Heavyweight Championship and the ECW World Television Championship)

Title belt slot 4B.

If you look in the spreadsheet, You will see I have marked these.

Light Heavyweight title  ID 14, belt render 12 (0012)

ECW World Television Championship ID 2B , belt Render 25 (0025)

Slot 4B , belt render 36.

These three do not show up in the menu as they are disabled by default.

Here's how to unlock them.

For the Light Heavyweight title ,you will need to search for 14 00 00 00  (hex search)

The 00 highlighted means the belt data is disabled. Change this to 01 to enable the slot. The render and name will show up but the prop files have been removed. The prop ID for the belt is 0A 64 (2660). 

If you don't want to overwrite belt prop files, you can assign unused belt prop ID in the 2XXX range and replace here. The other belt prop with 5XXX is handled in the evt_data file which I will cover in part 2 of this tutorial.

txGgV65.jpg

This is a similar case for the ECW World Television championship. Search for 2B 00 00 00

rp2MLtP.jpg

Th third which is unused has no belt prop ID or string assigned .Search for 4B 00 00 00

For this slot, you need to change the 02 to 01. The belt render ID  is 0036.

the belt prop ID is 0000as there is none assigned. There are also no strings assigned. If you save , inject the 0005.data file back into the misc05-save.pac and start your game, you will see a belt render with no name.

qocKb7A.jpg

Now lets get a bit practical here.

Assume I want to use this slot for a custom title , like an AEW Title mod. 

I am not replacing any belt in the game but will assign an unused ID to the belt pro file.

When I look through the pac files in the pac\prop folder, I have seen 2023 is not listed. I will use that. The ID for the prop will need to be changed to 2023. You can't do this with a 2k19 belt prop file. The pac file inside will need to be extracted and injected into a 2k16 belt prop file.

I convert 2023 to hexadecimal which gives 7E7. I will flip the bytes as E7 07.

Next step is to add strings for the file. In this case, I want to add new strings rather than overwriting one already in the game.

Looking through the string sheet in the titles section, there are missing string ID's after 3 34 8C. As shown in the screenshot, I added three new strings , changed the ID's to 3 34 8D, 3 34, 8E and 3 34 8F and named the three AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

2u80bvB.jpg

I will now add these ID's to the unused belt data file, including the new prop ID.

Here is a screenshot with the strings and belt pro ID added.

3dFMPBf.jpg

now lets say I wanted to assign  Chris Jericho as the default title holder which will be loaded if you are starting on with a fresh save.I just need to add his ID to the data as shown. His CH Pac is 104 (00 68 in hex  )

aOxHgNW.jpg

When done, save and inject the 0005.dat file into 0005.dat in the misc05_save.pac file.

Place the file in the pac\root folder. ( I suggest placing the modded file in the same folder as the misc01-start_p30.pac file if you have universal attire unlock in the mods folder (WWE 2K19\mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root folder) and regenerate the chunk0.def file.

Launch your game.

This is a screenshot showing the enabled 4B slot with the AEW Championship string name. Remember no belt or slot is being replaced here.

CMb4C1g.jpg

The belt render is 0036. If you open the ltag_belt_all_win.pac file file in Pac Editor, You need to extract the 0036.oodl, decompress the file in OODLE TOOLS to obtain the belt render.

B1GvM8y.jpg

If you have a dds render image you want to replace it with, open the file in oodle tools, compress and save as 0036.oodl. Inject into the 0036 file in pac editor.

This is the end of part 1 of this 3 part tutorial.

Next we will be looking at how the belts are loaded in entrances (part 2) and the ring announcer data for title announcements (part 3) .

Do take time to read through properly. I hope the explanations and the screenshots make things easy enough.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 6
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 2

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TITLE BELTS TUTORIAL (PART 1) : USING MODDED TITLE BELTS IN 2K19. (editing the title belt data in the misc05_save.pac file
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Darkness said:

is there a video you can make bc im very confused by this

To be honest I haven’t got the time to make videos and if I did, it will be too lengthy explaining stuff from scratch. 
The question I will ask is what do you want to do.

I will say a modding tutorial for belts is not for the inexperienced modder as a lot of the steps involve manual hex editing and will be quite confusing for the beginner. 
if you tell me what you want to do, then I’ll see how I can help. 

1 minute ago, squaredcirclefan said:

To be honest I haven’t got the time to make videos and if I did, it will be too lengthy explaining stuff from scratch. 

I will say a modding tutorial for belts is not for the inexperienced modder as a lot of the steps involve manual hex editing and will be quite confusing for the beginner. 

i wanted to change the name for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP 05-13 to the AEW Championship

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

i already have the renders i just need the name changed for the belts for the tnt and the world and the tag and womens ttle

24 minutes ago, Darkness said:

i wanted to change the name for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP 05-13 to the AEW Championship

if you are going to make changes to the string name for a belt, I am going to assume you already know how to edit string names in the string_win.pac file using Wrestleminus. This is sort of a prerequisite step.

The strings ID 's you will need to change are

3347C

33C4C

33B13 -delete the symbol and change to AEW  (dont add anything else)

33AAF - change WWE to AEW  (dont add anything else)

25 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

if you are going to make changes to the string name for a belt, I am going to assume you already know how to edit string names in the string_win.pac file using Wrestleminus. This is sort of a prerequisite step.

The strings ID 's you will need to change are

3347C

33C4C

33B13 -delete the symbol and change to AEW  (dont add anything else)

33AAF - change WWE to AEW  (dont add anything else)

where i find the  belt folder or file and can i use Wrestleminus to change the name of the belts

Just now, Darkness said:

where i find the  belt folder or file and can i use Wrestleminus to change the name of the belts

I believe the modders who created the belt mods  have placed instructions on 2KModz. All I am doing here is showing you tha name strings to change with wrestleminus.

1 minute ago, squaredcirclefan said:

I believe the modders who created the belt mods  have placed instructions on 2KModz. All I am doing here is showing you tha name strings to change with wrestleminus.

eh not really they just said what there replacing they didnt say how to change the name of them

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

i tried renaming titles didnt work

3 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Did you edit the string_win.pac file in the 2k19\mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder ?

with wrestleminus or a different program? bc i dont have pac editor

Just now, Darkness said:

with wrestleminus or a different program? bc i dont have pac editor

I never mentioned using pac editor ? I’m talking about editing in wrestleminus.

3 minutes ago, Darkness said:

why does the name come up blank on the title

Maybe there's something you haven't done correctly. Can you possible send me the  string_win.pac file you are trying to edit ?

should i send you the modded and regular string pac

4 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Maybe there's something you haven't done correctly. Can you possible send me the  string_win.pac file you are trying to edit ?

should i send you the mod string and the regular string

• 6 months later...

i opened the render as dds in photoshop but all i can see is just a black block.....i planning to mod universal title and already extracted the renders but when opened in CS6 all i can see is just a black thing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCorePACH said:

i opened the render as dds in photoshop but all i can see is just a black block.....i planning to mod universal title and already extracted the renders but when opened in CS6 all i can see is just a black thing!

Hi, You will need a photoshop dds plugin to open dds files in photoshop.

What belt are you trying to replace with the universal title mod ?

3 hours ago, TheCorePACH said:

is there any memory table for this title modding?

Hi, There isn't anything like a memory table for title modding. However there is a belt render ID table which I put together. This shows the ID's for each belt and the ID's of the renders in the ltag all belt pac file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14VXJAJxuXZGufibUDkvbEIjYpfpvagmGM8uE_wh6Pmg/edit#gid=0

bro actually i just wanna edit the textures....see the universal title is red in game i am gonna make it to the new blue version...and yeh i found the way to edit the textures it is located in pac/prop folder.....and now i am currently making memory table of every titles in that prop folder which will allow people to mod the championship title....it is just my small contribution to our community maybe by tmr i will release my memory table.... so ur memory table and my memory table is gonna make people title modding easier!!!