Wrestler in DLC slot "black screen" Issue

Hollywood Akeem

Hello guys, i've run into an issue. I've finally got custom dlc to show up on screen since yesterday, however when I select that dlc as 1P, it allows me to pick my opponent, however, the other opponent's render doesnt show up. The opponent is a regular superstar (Modern Undertaker for example). If I were to press "A" on and select Undertaker as my opponent,  the game freezes. Now, If i were to pick the dlc as COM instead, the game doesn't freeze, however I get the pre-match black screen.

What I've ruled out:

• The dlc model is from WWE 2K17 and it works just fine in game. I renamed the wwe2k17 model to fill in the rocks slot, updated the arc, and it works splendidly.
    • works on a non dlc slot but not the other way around. I've even tried putting a non dlc model (john cena) into the dlc slot and I get the same issue. What could be the issue?
  • ch399 is written in the def file and 00039902 & 00039904 are indexed in the arc file. I made sure I copied the number from the def file when adding it to the arc.
  • The dlc file is written in the catalog.dlc file. The pofo file is properly set up and the slot has a moveset file aswell

However, I didn't add a render yet. Surely that wouldn't be a problem, right?

That mostly happens (at least for me) if you didn't correctly update your arc. So the game has some trouble loading the model.

Doesn't DLCs need to have their own arc in the "info" folder? At this point, I didn't mess around with adding wrestlers as DLC at all, so I'm sorry if I might be incorrect here. 

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1

Yeah if I recall correctly thats caused by the size or offet or both for that wrestler being incorrect in the arc.

Upload your arc and the pac file and I'll see if I can figure it out.

1 hour ago, justYn1893 said:

That mostly happens (at least for me) if you didn't correctly update your arc. So the game has some trouble loading the model.

Doesn't DLCs need to have their own arc in the "info" folder? At this point, I didn't mess around with adding wrestlers as DLC at all, so I'm sorry if I might be incorrect here. 

yeah i have my suspicion its the arc file. I've done it so many times. Im probably doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

Yeah if I recall correctly thats caused by the size or offet or both for that wrestler being incorrect in the arc.

Upload your arc and the pac file and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Sure thing. Thanks for helping!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PIyqSy91V6FfPTeYcI05f0TIlM2vCDrz?usp=sharing

10 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Ok it doesnt appear to be a problem with the arc. Might be a problem with the catalog file in the dlc

Ok I added the dlc file.

Ok DLC file is fine too, I think I know what the problem is, I recall a problem where if you inject a dds file into the file that stores renders over the top of another dds file it corrupts any of the render slots after it.

What you need to do is inject 1 of the bpe files in the link below (make sure you use the right file for the right slot type) into the slot first. Once the slot has the bpe in it you can safely inject your dds file and it should work fine.

Im not sure why it happens but this method works every time.

https://mega.nz/file/o50wCCBA#AukgtmsnJnEgG-LN0hxkJs58KIED2jz237yGbFBr8vo

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 7:28 PM, Red Rooster said:

Ok DLC file is fine too, I think I know what the problem is, I recall a problem where if you inject a dds file into the file that stores renders over the top of another dds file it corrupts any of the render slots after it.

What you need to do is inject 1 of the bpe files in the link below (make sure you use the right file for the right slot type) into the slot first. Once the slot has the bpe in it you can safely inject your dds file and it should work fine.

Im not sure why it happens but this method works every time.

https://mega.nz/file/o50wCCBA#AukgtmsnJnEgG-LN0hxkJs58KIED2jz237yGbFBr8vo

Unfortunately at this time, I haven't even messed with renders, so I wouldn't know where to put this. It's weird. I moved aj styles to where the online access slot was previously in and now he's working. It seems like the issue is with the added slots. Anything in green will show up ingame and work. The blue slot (where aj styles previously was located) will show in game, but when you click on it, it either freezes or black screen. The red zone, doesn't show at all what so ever.

Annotation-2020-08-04-023909.png

11 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Are you using the dlc files from Wrestling Legends? Are you Resigning for Dev Live after editing the dlc file?

Okay, i'm a dumb ass. The issue that I have are actually two different issues. The superstars not appearing in the dlc was attributed to something wrong with the def file. And the black screen was attributed to something wrong with the arc file. However, the files were fine. My issue had to do with my ftp program not correctly uploading small files under 1 MB. My plist arc and def weren't uploading, which was causing me the confusion. Switched to Xbox neighborhood and the problem went away. I just properly installed 3 new superstars with no issue. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1