Trons - Modding Questions

eplate2

I'm about to start modding in trons for all my wrestlers and I am wondering if it's possible to install a tron for a wrestler who is in a PerfectPlextra or Unused space. I want to make sure I have more slots for tron videos than just replacing default roster members like you do with theme songs.

I also was reading about tron modding and it looks like the simplest way to do this would be to use quick actions in CCT. I'm hoping to avoid editing movesets in data editor but want to make sure I don't mess anything up before starting this. Any tips for me?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to replace show intro videos with new videos - is there a link for support on this or some kind of walkthrough?

Thanks!

Edited by eplate2

If you install the Titantron Fix (you can install via CCT's Mods Menu) you can use the Tron IDs for at least all the PerfectPlextra Wrestlers, but the fix should cover most IDs from 100-999 (although I've noticed some won't work for whatever reason). Thus you can give every Mod their own Trons.
That said, you won't be able to select them in-game and will have to set them either via Data Editor or use Quick Actions in CCT and editing your entrance in game will reset any that aren't selectable via in-game menu. Alternatively, you can also add the added Trons to the game menu, you'll have to search the forums on how to do that.

As for the show intros, I believe those are the cre_*.bk2 files, you should be able to replace them just as you do with regular titantrons.

2 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you install the Titantron Fix (you can install via CCT's Mods Menu) you can use the Tron IDs for at least all the PerfectPlextra Wrestlers, but the fix should cover most IDs from 100-999 (although I've noticed some won't work for whatever reason). Thus you can give every Mod their own Trons.
That said, you won't be able to select them in-game and will have to set them either via Data Editor or use Quick Actions in CCT and editing your entrance in game will reset any that aren't selectable via in-game menu. Alternatively, you can also add the added Trons to the game menu, you'll have to search the forums on how to do that.

As for the show intros, I believe those are the cre_*.bk2 files, you should be able to replace them just as you do with regular titantrons.

i also just heard from someone on discord that i could simply copy bk2 files over to the game folder to replace what's in there now and that way, I could edit entrances and actually select the tron video without losing access to the modded tron - is that correct? If so, I need to come up with a plan as to who gets trons and who doesn't unfortunately 

also, is there a right way to copy over bk2 files and replace the current ones in folder?

7 hours ago, eplate2 said:

i also just heard from someone on discord that i could simply copy bk2 files over to the game folder to replace what's in there now and that way, I could edit entrances and actually select the tron video without losing access to the modded tron - is that correct? If so, I need to come up with a plan as to who gets trons and who doesn't unfortunately 

also, is there a right way to copy over bk2 files and replace the current ones in folder?

Just the regular way you copy and rename files. If you replace a titantron, they will be selectable under the original name, of course.

I'd still suggest to just add trons and set them via Data Editor or CCT's Quick actions instead after you're done editing the entrance in the game or, which is even better yet more complicated, add your added trons to the game menu so they won't get unassigned after editing the entrance.

7 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Just the regular way you copy and rename files. If you replace a titantron, they will be selectable under the original name, of course.

I'd still suggest to just add trons and set them via Data Editor or CCT's Quick actions instead after you're done editing the entrance in the game or, which is even better yet more complicated, add your added trons to the game menu so they won't get unassigned after editing the entrance.

@Cave Waverider thanks for your help here - if i simply copy and paste the new trons into the game folder and replace what is there, won't those new trons be selectable and not disappear when i edit an entrance? It seems if I do tron modding through Data Editor or CCT and inject them I will have that issue. I'm just worried about doing a ton of work and losing everything if I go back into entrance editor - just wondering why you would suggest to go that route

thanks!

19 hours ago, eplate2 said:

@Cave Waverider thanks for your help here - if i simply copy and paste the new trons into the game folder and replace what is there, won't those new trons be selectable and not disappear when i edit an entrance? It seems if I do tron modding through Data Editor or CCT and inject them I will have that issue. I'm just worried about doing a ton of work and losing everything if I go back into entrance editor - just wondering why you would suggest to go that route

thanks!

If you replace them, the game will think they are the old trons and just display them when you select the old trons in the game. For example, if you replace Seth Rollins titantron with that of Hulk Hogan, you can select the Seth Rollins Titantron in the game and it will play the Hulk Hogan titantron (of course, Seth Rollins will now also have the Hulk Hogan Titantron).

That said, it really isn't much of an issue to change the trons back to trons that aren't available to be selected in the game after you used create an entrance. Just use CCT to set them back with a few clicks or use CCT to load the .moveset from the running game into Data Editor and it should be good. If you keep the Tron IDs the same as the Wrestler IDs it also won't be hard to remember which ones you used. Once you get a hang of using the tools, you'll almost do it automatically. ;)

If you are really worried about these things, I'd strongly suggest to edit your menu files and add trons with custom added IDs to the game menu, however, which you should be able to find instructions by searching the forums for this or previous games of the generation.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you replace them, the game will think they are the old trons and just display them when you select the old trons in the game. For example, if you replace Seth Rollins titantron with that of Hulk Hogan, you can select the Seth Rollins Titantron in the game and it will play the Hulk Hogan titantron (of course, Seth Rollins will now also have the Hulk Hogan Titantron).

That said, it really isn't much of an issue to change the trons back to trons that aren't available to be selected in the game after you used create an entrance. Just use CCT to set them back with a few clicks or use CCT to load the .moveset from the running game into Data Editor and it should be good. If you keep the Tron IDs the same as the Wrestler IDs it also won't be hard to remember which ones you used. Once you get a hang of using the tools, you'll almost do it automatically. ;)

If you are really worried about these things, I'd strongly suggest to edit your menu files and add trons with custom added IDs to the game menu, however, which you should be able to find instructions by searching the forums for this or previous games of the generation.

Thanks cave waverider you, again, have been incredibly helpful!