Wrestle Plus Custom String

TeamPocketRocket

I'm trying to add custom names (DAX & CASH) via Wrestle Plus String Editor.

in-game it shows up as "XXXX Wrestle Plus Custom String" still even though I've changed the XXXX ref to say "DAX HARDWOOD". 
What step am I missing? 

There are two versions of the file, one in the /Pac directory and you also probably have one in /Mods too. My game can't seem to decide which it wants to read so I have to update both

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

There are two versions of the file, one in the /Pac directory and you also probably have one in /Mods too. My game can't seem to decide which it wants to read so I have to update both

If it can't decide which one to read, then you have two entries in the Chunk0.def file. Remove all but the entry you want to use and it should read the proper file.
If you use CCT to rebuild the Chunk0.def file, it should only have one entry (if you have the Super String installed, it will be the one in the \mods\SuperString\ folder as CCT's Chunk rebuilder checks for duplicates and uses the one in the \mods\ folder). So unless you have multiple Strings in the mods folder and no backups all over the place inside the game directory and only use CCT to rebuild the Chunk0.def, you should be fine. If you use any other tools to rebuild the Chunk0.def file then they will create duplicate entries of .pac files with the same name if you have different copies and the game will randomly read one or the other.

• 2 years later...

I was having the same issue when trying to edit a name. I modified the string with WrestleMinus (in my case it was named "6FE1 Wrestle Plus Custom String"), but it still didn't work... I even changed the name of the wrestler I was replacing (in my case I was replacing Marty Jannetty with Aksana), but still had the "6FE1" name.

What solved this issue for me was opening my .pofo file with Data Editor and changing ALL the IDs in "Name Settings" for the one my wrestler had in this list under the "Address" tab.

EDIT: Also remember to delete the "SuperString" folder from Data Editor/Files. I think this was also overriding my modified "string_win.pac".

Edited by bigblackbigmac