New to modding

arluy277

As a summer project I want to create a fake ppv with all my friends created as a superstars with custom titantrons and entrance themes.

I know 2k20 has a lot more of limitations regarding modding but the price is 7 times higher for the 2k19

5€ (2k20) vs 35€ (2k19)

So what game should I buy ?

If you want to create mods of your friends (although that will likely take a while since you'll have to learn how to mod), Arena mods, etc.. then WWE 2k19 is definitely the way to go, as 2k20 doesn't allow proper modding.

If you just want to change out existing Titantrons (but not Mini, Wall, Apron, Ramp,... trons as that isn't possible in 2k20) and theme music and create CAWs of your friends and CAA arenas you might be able to scrape by with WWE 2k20 as well.
Then again, CAW mode in 2k20 is buggy, so you might be better off with 2k19 for CAWs as well if you don't want your friends wigs to float in mid-air etc.. ;) And 2k20, while better than at launch, still has lots of unresolved bugs and issues in general that could cause the game to crash, physics flunking out, etc..

My suggestion would be to get WWE 2k19 as it's a much better choice in general as WWE 2k20 is just a buggy, incomplete mess. It depends on your budget, though, you might want to wait for a sale.

Note that we are of course talking PC versions here, of course, as console versions aren't easily moddable.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, Cave Waverider said:

If you want to create mods of your friends (although that will likely take a while since you'll have to learn how to mod), Arena mods, etc.. then WWE 2k19 is definitely the way to go, as 2k20 doesn't allow proper modding.

If you just want to change out existing Titantrons (but not Mini, Wall, Apron, Ramp,... trons as that isn't possible in 2k20) and theme music and create CAWs of your friends and CAA arenas you might be able to scrape by with WWE 2k20 as well.
Then again, CAW mode in 2k20 is buggy, so you might be better off with 2k19 for CAWs as well if you don't want your friends wigs to float in mid-air etc.. ;) And 2k20, while better than at launch, still has lots of unresolved bugs and issues in general that could cause the game to crash, physics flunking out, etc..

My suggestion would be to get WWE 2k19 as it's a much better choice in general as WWE 2k20 is just a buggy, incomplete mess. It depends on your budget, though, you might want to wait for a sale.

Note that we are of course talking PC versions here, of course, as console versions aren't easily moddable.

Thanks for you response! I bougth 2k19

On 7/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, Fawuwu said:

also before you buy either one check the game specs and see if your pc can even handle the game

I have a pretty good PC  ^.^

• 1 month later...