Help With The Fiend

Riggan

Could someone who has The Fiend fully working in 2K19 lend a hand?

There's a little bit more involved in getting this one to work properly, and I'm sure I'm missing a step or two. Here is what I've done so far;

ch39802_TheFiendBrayWyatt2K20_JoeMashups_MOD (imported into Slot 398 using CCT)
ch39804_TheFiendBrayWyatt2K20_JoeMashups_MOD (imported into Slot 398 using CCT)
2817_Lan.pac (copied to props folder)
00663_The Fiend ENT (copied to EVT folder)
06663_The Fiend Victory (copied to EVT folder)
00663_TheFiendEFFECT (copied to effects folder)
gmev0663_TheFiend (copied to gimmick folder)
pce60663_TheFiend (copied to particle folder)
Bray Wyatt GFX V2 By TheVelveteenBreeze (copied pac files to corresponding apron/mini/ramp/wall folders)

Also copied/pasted string_win.pac from "Ported 2k20 entrances mod. Update 8th April" folder to STEAM\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\mods\SuperString\pac\string\win

Copied/pasted cae_item_p20.pac from "Ported 2k20 entrances mod. Update 8th April" folder to STEAM\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\menu

That's where I am at this point. I went into the game and "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" entrance is in the in-game entrance creator, but when selected, Fiend looks like he's doing the Stone Cold BMF walk to the ring. Lights are all on and no lantern.

One thing I haven't been able to find is a moveset file. Not sure if that's needed or no since I dropped the ch's/pofo/render in Slot 398.

So, the ch files worked, the render is showing, and the GFX are working. Nothing else. What steps am I missing here?

Edited by Riggan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggan said:

Could someone who has The Fiend fully working in 2K19 lend a hand?

There's a little bit more involved in getting this one to work properly, and I'm sure I'm missing a step or two. Here is what I've done so far;

ch39802_TheFiendBrayWyatt2K20_JoeMashups_MOD (imported into Slot 398 using CCT)
ch39804_TheFiendBrayWyatt2K20_JoeMashups_MOD (imported into Slot 398 using CCT)
2817_Lan.pac (copied to props folder)
00663_The Fiend ENT (copied to EVT folder)
06663_The Fiend Victory (copied to EVT folder)
00663_TheFiendEFFECT (copied to effects folder)
gmev0663_TheFiend (copied to gimmick folder)
pce60663_TheFiend (copied to particle folder)
Bray Wyatt GFX V2 By TheVelveteenBreeze (copied pac files to corresponding apron/mini/ramp/wall folders)

Also copied/pasted string_win.pac from "Ported 2k20 entrances mod. Update 8th April" folder to STEAM\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\mods\SuperString\pac\string\win

Copied/pasted cae_item_p20.pac from "Ported 2k20 entrances mod. Update 8th April" folder to STEAM\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\menu

That's where I am at this point. I went into the game and "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" entrance is in the in-game entrance creator, but when selected, Fiend looks like he's doing the Stone Cold BMF walk to the ring. Lights are all on and no lantern.

One thing I haven't been able to find is a moveset file. Not sure if that's needed or no since I dropped the ch's/pofo/render in Slot 398.

So, the ch files worked, the render is showing, and the GFX are working. Nothing else. What steps am I missing here?

Hi,

First you need the effects file from the supplementary update pack. (2nd link below)

You also need the 2k20 titantron. Here is the link https://mega.nz/file/JVhlHagY#TQalL1MgGR-yDWUDhVRYEBaJyRait0RkmNa22QwH9QE

The Fiend has no other trons in his entrance. No mini, Apron, wall and ramp trons. Don't assign any of these. The gfx you have are for Bray Wyatt.

If you look in the entrances pack OPTIONAL folder, you will see the entrance and victory theme wem files as these are different in 2k20.

In the create entrance, you need to set the other trons apart from the titantron to OFF for the Fiend. The full screen titantron effect at the intro and the titantron  not looping is handled by the effect file for the entrance.

You also need to update the Victory effects file with the one in this zip, including the evt-data files which enable the game use the dark lighting for the Victory motion .

https://mega.nz/file/YAIzAQgY#ElO-8Zz3E1E_ZqLxgT4yxGUY_WJlXMXIXPYfh7tjoWo

Last thing is to copy the rtcs_step_p30.pac file from the evt folder in the mod  to yours as this enables Breakout\Run-in for ported entrance and Victory motions.

Remember to regenerate the chunk0.def file after adding the files  which will enable  the entrances load  in the game This  is probably what you didn't do previously.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

First you need the effects file from the supplementary update pack. (2nd link below)

You also need the 2k20 titantron. Here is the link https://mega.nz/file/JVhlHagY#TQalL1MgGR-yDWUDhVRYEBaJyRait0RkmNa22QwH9QE

The Fiend has no other trons in his entrance. No mini, Apron, wall and ramp trons. Don't assign any of these. The gfx you have are for Bray Wyatt.

If you look in the entrances pack OPTIONAL folder, you will see the entrance and victory theme wem files as these are different in 2k20.

In the create entrance, you need to set the other trons apart from the titantron to OFF for the Fiend. The full screen titantron effect at the intro and the titantron  not looping is handled by the effect file for the entrance.

You also need to update the Victory effects file with the one in this zip, including the evt-data files which enable the game use the dark lighting for the Victory motion .

https://mega.nz/file/YAIzAQgY#ElO-8Zz3E1E_ZqLxgT4yxGUY_WJlXMXIXPYfh7tjoWo

Last thing is to copy the rtcs_step_p30.pac file from the evt folder in the mod  to yours as this enables Breakout\Run-in for ported entrance and Victory motions.

Remember to regenerate the chunk0.def file after adding the files  which will enable  the entrances load  in the game This  is probably what you didn't do previously.

I have done everything you've advised except for the entrance/victory themes. Just wanted to ask before I did anything; does it matter where I import them? I was just going to import them into the music_misc_1_m.pck over two of the generic themes if that would be ok?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggan said:

I have done everything you've advised except for the entrance/victory themes. Just wanted to ask before I did anything; does it matter where I import them? I was just going to import them into the music_misc_1_m.pck over two of the generic themes if that would be ok?

Yes that would be fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

10 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Yes that would be fine.

Awesome. I'm about to make those adjustments, regenerate the chunk0.def,  and give it a shot. Thank you for your help so far. I'll report back shortly.

11 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Yes that would be fine.

Progress! The lantern mod doesn't seem to be working though, and the titantron isn't showing. Should I set the tron with Data Editor, or would it be better to change the tron filenames to overwrite Bray Wyatt's so I can select it using the in-game editor?

Edited by Riggan
  • Like 1

Looks like the victory scene is working as it should.

Only problems I have right now are with the entrance; the decapitated head is not working (carrying plain lantern), the titantron video isn't working, and there's a weird issue where in the entrance creator I can preview Hell's Demon (where I imported The Fiend's entrance theme) and The Fiend's theme plays just fine. But, I when I test it in an actual match I'm hearing Bray's old music.

Is there a moveset file I should be using that has the entrance credentials set and Fiend's moves with the mandible claw? That's the one thing I haven't been able to find.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riggan said:

Looks like the victory scene is working as it should.

Only problems I have right now are with the entrance; the decapitated head is not working (carrying plain lantern), the titantron video isn't working, and there's a weird issue where in the entrance creator I can preview Hell's Demon (where I imported The Fiend's entrance theme) and The Fiend's theme plays just fine. But, I when I test it in an actual match I'm hearing Bray's old music.

Is there a moveset file I should be using that has the entrance credentials set and Fiend's moves with the mandible claw? That's the one thing I haven't been able to find.

Hi,

You will find a pofo and moveset file for the Fiend here.

What ID did you set for the titantron? Do you have the titantronfix in CCT installed ? have you ensured the titantron is set to ON in CAE and others set to OFF.

The decapitated head mod doesn't work with the Fiend's 2k20 entrance as its modelled after the lantern for Bray Wyatt's entrance. The props are not compatible as is also the case in 2k20.

If you are using Bray's slot for the Fiend, you will have to inject the entrance theme music over Bray Wyatt's  as there is an an override on that slot with Bray's theme which can only be removed by manual hex editing.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

You will find a pofo and moveset file for the Fiend here.

What ID did you set for the titantron? Do you have the titantronfix in CCT installed ? have you ensured the titantron is set to ON in CAE and others set to OFF.

The decapitated head mod doesn't work with the Fiend's 2k20 entrance as its modelled after the lantern for Bray Wyatt's entrance. The props are not compatible as is also the case in 2k20.

If you are using Bray's slot for the Fiend, you will have to inject the entrance theme music over Bray Wyatt's  as there is an an override on that slot with Bray's theme which can only be removed by manual hex editing.

I had left Titantron filenames alone, though I did see in Data Editor there was an 864_0_0 option available under Brodus Clay (Mod)? I just changed them to overwrite an existing person I don't use. Getting ready to test that along with the entrance theme I just imported over Bray Wyatt's theme.

I'm a little confused by the decapitated head mod. Not arguing with you saying it doesn't work, just trying to understand; I thought I was modding The Fiend to match this video?

Got the moveset, thanks! And, when I injected the pofo from that same database it changed Bray Wyatt's name to @KELLYANNEFIENDC? Any way to remedy that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riggan said:

I had left Titantron filenames alone, though I did see in Data Editor there was an 864_0_0 option available under Brodus Clay (Mod)? I just changed them to overwrite an existing person I don't use. Getting ready to test that along with the entrance theme I just imported over Bray Wyatt's theme.

I'm a little confused by the decapitated head mod. Not arguing with you saying it doesn't work, just trying to understand; I thought I was modding The Fiend to match this video?

Got the moveset, thanks! And, when I injected the pofo from that same database it changed Bray Wyatt's name to @KELLYANNEFIENDC? Any way to remedy that?

The entrance video you linked is actually Bray Wyatt's entrance. Joe modified the lantern by adding  a modded head prop object to the lantern. This was done before WWE 2K20 was released. 

When 2k20 was released with the Fiend's entrance, this was ported over, which is the file you have in the pack. The entrance is different from Bray Wyatt's , timing, music and trons are not directly compatible.

The modded head lantern doesn't work with the ported 2k20 entrance and the 2k20 decapitated isn't working, as there are issues with the particles and smoke not working in 2k19 and the textures not showing up.

To rectify the name , you will need to edit the superstring file (string_win.pac) and change the listed string  to THE FIEND BRAY WYATT.

This is a sample video of the 2k20 ported entrance.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The entrance video you linked is actually Bray Wyatt's entrance. Joe modified the lantern by adding  a modded head prop object to the lantern. This was done before WWE 2K20 was released. 

When 2k20 was released with the Fiend's entrance, this was ported over, which is the file you have in the pack. The entrance is different from Bray Wyatt's , timing, music and trons are not directly compatible.

The modded head lantern doesn't work with the ported 2k20 entrance and the 2k20 decapitated isn't working, as there are issues with the particles and smoke not working in 2k19 and the textures not showing up.

To rectify the name , you will need to edit the superstring file (string_win.pac) and change the listed string  to THE FIEND BRAY WYATT.

This is a sample video of the 2k20 ported entrance.

Ah..... I see. Makes sense now. Thank you.

I will attempt to edit the superstring file. Will be my first time. 😬

• Like 1

In the meantime, looks like I'm having the titantron looping issue during the entrance. I double-checked to make sure all other trons are off in the CAE and they are. Also, double-checked to make sure tron fix has been implemented in CCT. Both things check out.

I cleared chunk0.arc and rebuilt chunk0.def for good measure. Anything else I need to take a look at?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

By the way, if you're using @squaredcirclefan's ported entrance pack, there is already a String for him in the modded Super String that comes with it, so you just need to open the .pofo with Data Editor and change the name Hex codes to 51B8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Riggan said:

In the meantime, looks like I'm having the titantron looping issue during the entrance. I double-checked to make sure all other trons are off in the CAE and they are. Also, double-checked to make sure tron fix has been implemented in CCT. Both things check out.

I cleared chunk0.arc and rebuilt chunk0.def for good measure. Anything else I need to take a look at?

The Fiend entrance effects file handles this. Are you using the entrance showcased in the video I posted ?

9 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The Fiend entrance effects file handles this. Are you using the entrance showcased in the video I posted ?

Yes, it looks to be the same one. I'll take another run through the gamut and see if there's anything I might've missed. If it all checks out, I'll make a video showing my settings and the entrance itself.

Everything on our checklist seems to be in order. Here's a video showing some file placement and the actual entrance on my game. In addition to the tron looping, I've also got some lighting differences compared to the sample video you provided. Looks like I may be missing a file and/or a configuration step.

• Like 1

@Riggan

The effect file looks like an experimental version I must have mistakenly left in the zip.

Can you browse to the pac\evt \effect folder and remove all pac files with 0663_, download and place this copy in the same folder, regenerate the chunk0.def file and start your game

https://mega.nz/file/tFZ2DagQ#Rq5HRuFTnhGxsLwRowl5FBpnes5LtjiGT6p8RaT_YR0

When previewing in CAE, if the lights are yellow\red, you just need to replay the entrance.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

@Riggan

The effect file looks like an experimental version I must have mistakenly left in the zip.

Can you browse to the pac\evt \effect folder and remove all pac files with 0663_, download and place this copy in the same folder, regenerate the chunk0.def file and start your game

https://mega.nz/file/tFZ2DagQ#Rq5HRuFTnhGxsLwRowl5FBpnes5LtjiGT6p8RaT_YR0

When previewing in CAE, if the lights are yellow\red, you just need to replay the entrance.

That must've been it. All seems to be working now. And you were right about the yellow/red lights. They were on during the first run through, but were out after that. Everything else matches that video you posted yesterday. Many thanks! I appreciate all your help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Didnt want to make a new topic so I am gonna ask help here. I am having trouble installing the fiend in 2k19. For some reason I cant remove bray wyatts titantron in the beginning, you know the images playing before the music hits. I am not able to replace this images wth the firefly funhouse. 

Can you please tell me what id's are you using for his trons and gfx? I am using Brays 398 for his "ch" files and titantron.

Also the moveset you have listed, has no finishers or signature moves apart from one sister abigail as finisher, i had to assign manually.

And my game crashed after a match in a modded smackdown live after the match ended.

Edited by TheoGR

• 1 month later...

I'm facing some problems with the Fiend as well, I've managed to get everything working except for the screen effect in the beginning. It refuses to work no matter what I do. I've even downloaded the new effect file from the mega nz link given above but it still doesn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imadulmulk said:

I'm facing some problems with the Fiend as well, I've managed to get everything working except for the screen effect in the beginning. It refuses to work no matter what I do. I've even downloaded the new effect file from the mega nz link given above but it still doesn't work.

Hi,

The effect file in the link above is now outdated as I have modified the entrance file and effect files for the entrance and victory motions with red lighting.

You will need to use the files in the updated ported entrances pack (1st page 1st post)

Are you using the 2k20 Fiend titantron.?

Ensure you have the titantron set to ON in the Create entrance menu settings and other trons set to none as there aren't any other trons for the Fiend.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

I've downloaded the updated motions pack that says 18th December (221MB) and I copied all Fiend files in there but now I realise that apart from the screen effect, the red lights are not working either. I used it to replace Bray Wyatt '14, could that be the reason for error?
Yes I'm using the 2k20 titantron and I have ensured that all other trons are off except the titantron

Edited by Imadulmulk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

I've downloaded the updated motions pack that says 18th December (221MB) and I copied all Fiend files in there but now I realise that apart from the screen effect, the red lights are not working either. I used it to replace Bray Wyatt '14, could that be the reason for error?
Yes I'm using the 2k20 titantron and I have ensured that all other trons are off except the titantron

It looks like you might have duplicate copies of the effect file in your game.

Can you check the pac\evt\effect folder and ensure you don't have multiple copies of the 00663_TheFiendEFFECT.pac and the 06663_TheFiendVictoryeff.pac files in that folder. 

If you find any , delete all and copy the files from the updated entrances pack into the folder.

Did you also copy the evt_data.pac files and  rtcs_step.pac files from the evt folder?

33 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

It looks like you might have duplicate copies of the effect file in your game.

Can you check the pac\evt\effect folder and ensure you don't have multiple copies of the 00663_TheFiendEFFECT.pac and the 06663_TheFiendVictoryeff.pac files in that folder. 

If you find any , delete all and copy the files from the updated entrances pack into the folder.

Did you also copy the evt_data.pac files and  rtcs_step.pac files from the evt folder?

I just did all of that, rebuilt the .def with wrestleplus. The game crashed twice (lmfao), then started working again but The Fiend refuses to comply. The titantron is looping, the screen effect doesn't work and there are no red lights. The arena does get completely dark so it ain't like nothing's working. Unless this mod is self aware and The Fiend doesn't like me telling him what to do, I'm at my wit's end.

I've also tried doing the screen effect thing manually but it only reaches "LET" and the intro part in advanced creations gets over. I tried the screen effect at the stage section but it starts over instead of continuing from "LET"

Edited by Imadulmulk
  • Like 1

You can't use the 2k20 entrance as an advanced entrance in 2k19 so that option will not work.

can you upload and post  a link to the chunk0.def file in your main 2k19 folder ?

7 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

I just did all of that, rebuilt the .def with wrestleplus. The game crashed twice (lmfao), then started working again but The Fiend refuses to comply. The titantron is looping, the screen effect doesn't work and there are no red lights. The arena does get completely dark so it ain't like nothing's working. Unless this mod is self aware and The Fiend doesn't like me telling him what to do, I'm at my wit's end.

I've also tried doing the screen effect thing manually but it only reaches "LET" and the intro part in advanced creations gets over. I tried the screen effect at the stage section but it starts over instead of continuing from "LET"

• Like 1