[PS3/Tutorial] Getting 2K15/16/17 models to work in 2K14

justYn1893

This quick tutorial should fix the "pre-match black screen" problem, which occurs when you try to use a 2K15/16/17 model in 2K14. As far as I know, this problem only seems to happen on the PS3 version, so listen my fellow PS3 brothers.

To fix this, you simply have to inject a "4E22" file from 2K14 into the model you want use from 2K15/16/17.

FuTgP3O.png

So for guys like John Cena or whoever else already is in 2K14 or WWE '13 you can use the "4E22" from their model pach. For new ones I've always tried to use someones who's similar to the one I want to port from these games.

That's it! Now the pre-match black screen thing should be fixed and you can play the match. 🙂

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1

Truly a very nice find! Congrats! Better now than never for us - the PS3 guys :)

I'd like to add that wrestlers imported that way have their Superstar Threads working perfectly every time unlike the old method.

Fantastic discovery! This'll save people a lot of time (the old method was kind of a chore to do) and Superstar Threads working perfectly is an excellent bonus. Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

the pre match black screen problem is unfortunately for the xbox version as well. Even more unfortunate that this method does not work for the xbox 😖

edit: nvm my situation with the black screen has to do something with the catalog.dlc

Edited by Hollywood Akeem
  • Haha 1

On 14/7/2020 at 13:04, justYn1893 said:

Este tutorial rápido debería solucionar el problema de "pantalla negra previa al partido", que ocurre cuando intenta usar un modelo 2K15 / 16/17 en 2K14. Hasta donde sé, este problema solo parece suceder en la versión de PS3, así que escuchen a mis hermanos de PS3.

Para solucionar esto, simplemente tiene que inyectar un archivo "4E22" de 2K14 en el modelo que desea usar desde 2K15 / 16/17.

FuTgP3O.png

Entonces, para los tipos como John Cena o cualquiera que ya esté en 2K14 o WWE '13, puede usar el "4E22" de su modelo pach. Para los nuevos, siempre he tratado de usar alguien que sea similar al que quiero portar de estos juegos.

¡Eso es! Ahora lo de la pantalla negra previa al partido debería estar arreglado y puedes jugar el partido. 🙂

thanks that tutorial works a lot for me, I was able to edit the john cena from 2k16 to transform him into a 2020 guy. The only drawback is that I don't know where the cap is located in the ovbj.pac?

• 2 weeks later...

So I used this method to get Macho Man 91 working from 2K16 and the in ring model works perfectly, however the tassels on his entrance jacket do not move or animate at all. Is there anything that I can do about this? Maybe a file in his WM8 PACH that controls it that can be injected into this new PACH?

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have Retro Randy Orton from WWE2K15 (360/PS3) handy? I'd like to use him to replace Wrestlemania 24 Randy. New to modding and wanting to dip my feet in.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask in this thread.

• 2 years later...