If I Purchase 2K19 After Modding a Version a Friend Has Been Sharing...

Riggan

Will the game reset and all the mod work I've done be lost?

My buddy bought the game and shared it with me via Steam. I've been modding it on my PC and am considering purchasing it so we can play at the same time. Just wondering if anyone knows what'll happen to the mod work I've done here. Will the game, since it is already downloaded on my system and running, simply "unlock" and no changes made to the game files, or will it download a completely new 2K19 and wipe my mods out?

If nothing has changed recently, I believe Steam creates your own save game that is associated with your own Steam account when you play a game shared by another account on your Steam account via Steam Family Library Sharing. So if you played via Steam Family Library Sharing on your own PC you should be fine on that front.

If you played the game directly on your friend's account (be it having the account logged in on your own PC or on your friends' PC via Steam Remote play) that's another matter and you'll have to reinstall anything that's stored in the save game like .pofo, .moveset, .team_info,...) as the save games are tied to the account you play on and can't be transferred between accounts due to the account factoring in with the hashes/encryption. In case you've played via Remote play on another computer you'll obviously also have to reinstall any file mods as well.

In any case, I suggest that you create backups of your save game and modded game files (or the entire game directory) before you start up steam after purchasing the game yourself just in case Steam decides to re-validate the game and redownload files once you start it for the first time after owning it yourself. If that happens, close steam after it's done re-downloading the files and restore your backups.

• Thanks 1