Games crash in loading screen with original, caws - or in created an entrance

BlackBen83

I've been having a little problem since last night. I don't understand what could have happened.
When I launch a creation, the game crashes during the entry of a mod, original wrestlers or caws.
In the game in exhibition mode, same worries, I tested a game with Angelo Garza Jr (which works very well normally) against Raymond Rowe. During loading, the game freezes and crashes.

All my pofos and movesets are updated, the titantrons installed, the mods work very well (arenas, wrestlers, ect...)
I just note that the game has been updated tonight by steam. Maybe it's from there?
I could really use some help.
Thanks in advance.

Ben

Whenever Steam Updates the game or you have Steam verify the game files, you'll have to use CCT to rebuild the Chunk0.def file and also Clear the Chunk0.arc file.

You may also have to reinstall any files you may have replaced with modded files outside the \mods\ folder first (movies, sound are prime candidates), as Steam will overwrite replaced files with their original versions.
That's why one should never replace the game's original .pac files and install and modded .pac files in the \mods\ folder instead as Steam won't touch it and keep backups of their mods outside the game folder (and ideally on a separate HDD).

• Thanks 1

@Cave Waverider Thanks a lot for your help.

I misspoke last night about the update. I wasn't talking about Steam, I was talking about the game. I guess you're right.

I just manually removed the chunck.arc file and did the right thing with CCT (rebuilt). It wasn't any more complicated than that. But I had to remember that.

The game is working very well again. I was able to test the following matches :
- original pac VS original pac
- modded pac VS modded pac
- caw VS caw
Everything's fine.

I note that I encounter a huge lag when playing in the modded RAW 2020 arena (in which I had no problems before), but I think I can fix this with miscellaneous or even GFX to update (corrupted files for example)
This has already happened for some entries as well. But I can fix those :)

The game just crashed when I tried to create a 3-way team entry in my universe mode (The last modded Forgotten Sons). It's just a detail. It can be fix easier. All those guyz work fine in a one by one match.
But for that I'd go straight to DataEditor already. Easier.

I appreciate your help

Thanks again :)

Ben

Edited by BlackBen83

On 7/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, BlackBen83 said:

@Cave Waverider Thanks a lot for your help.

The game just crashed when I tried to create a 3-way team entry in my universe mode (The last modded Forgotten Sons). It's just a detail. It can be fix easier. All those guyz work fine in a one by one match.
But for that I'd go straight to DataEditor already. Easier.

In Data Editor's Wrestler Information Editor, load each of their .pofo files and check if they all have a different Commentary Name selected (ideally the one associated with the Wrestler ID you installed them for). If wrestlers use the same Commentary Name/ID they can't be used in the same match, team, etc.., so that may be the cause for your crash there. It may be something else, of course, but it's something you can try.

• Thanks 1