Deleting the game, will mods still be there?

somerandodude

I  was just wondering, if i delete the game and redownload it through steam, will all the mods still be there? I have mods from 2kmodz and this site, so just wondering if ill get the vanilla game if i reinstall it. And also maybe you can tell me if there is a way to redownload it with all the mods installed.

Edited by somerandodude

2 hours ago, somerandodude said:

I  was just wondering, if i delete the game and redownload it through steam, will all the mods still be there? I have mods from 2kmodz and this site, so just wondering if ill get the vanilla game if i reinstall it. And also maybe you can tell me if there is a way to redownload it with all the mods installed.

If you delete the game that's basically deleting all the mods you installed too unless you make a backup of your mod folder.

Your files will be vanilla, but (if you have Steam cloud saves enabled) your save game will remain intact. So anything you injected into the save game (.pofo, .moveset) as well as any other changes will still be there and you'll have to reinstall all the files or copy them from your backup.

What you need to do before uninstalling the game is backing up all your mods. Backup the \mods\ folder (if you are just reinstalling the game into the same location on the same hard drive/ssd, you can just leave the \mods\ folder there and delete the rest - after backing anything important up, of course - as re-downloading the game won't mess with the \mods\ folder at all), backup any titantrons you may have modded \movies\ and backup any .pck files you have modded in \sound\. If you replaced any renders, you might also want to backup \pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface . And any other location you have installed modded files into (if you were wise enough to have installed all the .pac files the \mods\ folder, you won't have to search for anything else, but if you replaced any game files or copied new .pac files into other game folders, you'll have to backup those as well.

See the Create Backups Wiki section for more information.

Why do you wish to uninstall and reinstall the game anyway?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Your files will be vanilla, but (if you have Steam cloud saves enabled) your save game will remain intact. So anything you injected into the save game (.pofo, .moveset) as well as any other changes will still be there and you'll have to reinstall all the files or copy them from your backup.

What you need to do before uninstalling the game is backing up all your mods. Backup the \mods\ folder (if you are just reinstalling the game into the same location on the same hard drive/ssd, you can just leave the \mods\ folder there and delete the rest - after backing anything important up, of course - as re-downloading the game won't mess with the \mods\ folder at all), backup any titantrons you may have modded \movies\ and backup any .pck files you have modded in \sound\. If you replaced any renders, you might also want to backup \pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface . And any other location you have installed modded files into (if you were wise enough to have installed all the .pac files the \mods\ folder, you won't have to search for anything else, but if you replaced any game files or copied new .pac files into other game folders, you'll have to backup those as well.

See the Create Backups Wiki section for more information.

Why do you wish to uninstall and reinstall the game anyway?

Thanks for the answer and i dont wanna uninstall it but long story short got a stupid virus that makes every file a .zida file. So the game is unusable, with all other programs i just had to delete the program and reinstall it, because i already got rid of the virus but with 2k19 i spent a lot of time downloading a lot of different mods from everywhere, so i dont want to uninstall, so tomorow im taking my pc to a mechanic to see if he has any tricks to fix this, uninstalling the game was the idea i had to try and fix this, but since the game files and the backup both are corrupted, it wouldnt really help