Help With Alternate Attire Assigning

Riggan

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit in learning the alt attire unlock/assigning. 

Basically, I want to replace Undertaker '99 (who is an alt attire for Undertaker '91) with the Ministry Undertaker 2K13 mod I found and downloaded (two files: ch10322_MinistryTaker.pac and ch10324_MinistryTaker_Ent.pac). I am following this guide but not getting the results I want. I've also read over the written tutorial a few times, but still not quite getting there.

If anyone can chime in with a "how to for dummies" I'd appreciate it. 😄

Is your problem that you can't select the attire in the game or that the proper attire doesn't show up when selected?

You really only have to use Data Editor's Alternate Attire Unlocker if you wish to make an attire that isn't selectable in the game yet selectable or if you wish to change the attire  name or change the attire's Manager status.

I assume the wrong attire shows up for you. How did you install your .pac files? If you have just copied them over or used another tool to install them in the 103 slot, then they are for regular Undertaker as they are ch103 and they are attire #3 for him (see the chXXXYZ.pac Wiki page for more information). Undertaker '91 would be ch346. If you used WrestlePlus to install the files as in the video guide you've posted, you might have to use CCT's Rebuild Chunk0.def functionality to get it to work properly.

I suggest you use CCT to install the attire into the 346 slot instead of 103 for the attire you wish to replace and see if it works. CCT will automatically set the ID, Attire Number and Type properly for the slot you install it in. Check out the Installing Mods Wiki page for detailed information on how to do this.
Also note that you don't have to replace any attires. You can have up to 10 attires for each Wrestler (well, technically up to 100 wrestlers can have alternate attires selectable), so you can simply add it as additional attire to what he already has.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Is your problem that you can't select the attire in the game or that the proper attire doesn't show up when selected?

You really only have to use Data Editor's Alternate Attire Unlocker if you wish to make an attire that isn't selectable in the game yet selectable or if you wish to change the attire  name or change the attire's Manager status.

I assume the wrong attire shows up for you. How did you install your .pac files? If you have just copied them over or used another tool to install them in the 103 slot, then they are for regular Undertaker as they are ch103 and they are attire #3 for him (see the chXXXYZ.pac Wiki page for more information). Undertaker '91 would be ch346. If you used WrestlePlus to install the files as in the video guide you've posted, you might have to use CCT's Rebuild Chunk0.def functionality to get it to work properly.

I suggest you use CCT to install the attire into the 346 slot instead of 103 for the attire you wish to replace and see if it works. CCT will automatically set the ID, Attire Number and Type properly for the slot you install it in. Check out the Installing Mods Wiki page for detailed information on how to do this.

I think I may see what I've been doing wrong. I've been copying the .pac files directly into the ch directory, as instructed in the video walkthrough I linked, but do they actually need to be renamed to reflect a specific slot #? Or are the filenames irrelevant as long as they're being imported into the correct slot?

1 hour ago, Riggan said:

I think I may see what I've been doing wrong. I've been copying the .pac files directly into the ch directory, as instructed in the video walkthrough I linked, but do they actually need to be renamed to reflect a specific slot #? Or are the filenames irrelevant as long as they're being imported into the correct slot?

The filename is still relevant, chXXXYZ where X is the characters ID, Y as the attire number (0 is 1st attire) & Z as attire type (2- ring attire, 4-entrance attire) the suffix added after that is just for easy identification of the pac file.

12 hours ago, likemike023 said:

The filename is still relevant, chXXXYZ where X is the characters ID, Y as the attire number (0 is 1st attire) & Z as attire type (2- ring attire, 4-entrance attire) the suffix added after that is just for easy identification of the pac file.

Ah, I see. Thank you for that. I'm finally in front of my machine and can try this out. Will report back with results.

14 hours ago, Riggan said:

Don't follow the video, it's outdated. Follow the instructions on the Installing Mods Wiki page instead.

Using CCT to install the ch*.pac files will adjust all the numbers in the file name as well as inside the file (where it's really relevant) depending on which Slot, Attire number and type you install the files to and also add the files to the Chunk0.def so the game will actually load them.

30 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Don't follow the video, it's outdated. Follow the instructions on the Installing Mods Wiki page instead.

Using CCT to install the ch*.pac files will adjust all the numbers in the file name as well as inside the file (where it's really relevant) depending on which Slot, Attire number and type you install the files to and also add the files to the Chunk0.def so the game will actually load them.

Ok, here's the process I followed;

I went ahead and renamed the files ch10322.pac and ch10324.pac respectively (renamed them before I saw your response). I moved them into the ch directory. I decided to test by adding an alt attire slot for 103 Undertaker instead of retro Taker as I originally planned.

I went into Data Editor, clicked "Tools, Help, Tutorials (etc)" tab.

Clicked "Universal Alt Attire Unlocker"

Clicked drop down for "Assigned Wrestler"

Chose "Undertaker 103" (unlocked attire slot automatically changed to 21)

"Number of Attires" set to 1 (1 alternate attires unlocked for Undertaker 103 in Slot 21)

Clicked "Apply Attire Unlock Data for Wrestler ID Undertaker 103 in Unlocked Attire Slot 21"

Clicked "Save All Data to misc01_start_p30_pac file"

~Then in CCT~

Clicked "Superstars"

Right-clicked "The Undertaker" (Slot ID 103)

Chose "Import>CH Pac Files"

In Attire 2 (ring) slot; loaded ch10322.pac

In Attire 2 (entrance) slot; loaded ch10324.pac

Clicked "Import"

Clicked "Chunk Tools"

Chose "Regenerate Chunk0.def"

Opened game

Went to "My WWE" and changed Adam Cole from cheer to boo, saved.

Went to test by setting up match, and Undertaker remains unchanged. No alt attire showing. Tested his entrance just to make sure I didn't accidentally save over the main attire. It's as though I've done nothing.

What step(s) am I missing?

1 hour ago, Riggan said:

Ok, here's the process I followed;

I went ahead and renamed the files ch10322.pac and ch10324.pac respectively (renamed them before I saw your response). I moved them into the ch directory. I decided to test by adding an alt attire slot for 103 Undertaker instead of retro Taker as I originally planned.

I went into Data Editor, clicked "Tools, Help, Tutorials (etc)" tab.

Clicked "Universal Alt Attire Unlocker"

Clicked drop down for "Assigned Wrestler"

Chose "Undertaker 103" (unlocked attire slot automatically changed to 21)

"Number of Attires" set to 1 (1 alternate attires unlocked for Undertaker 103 in Slot 21)

Clicked "Apply Attire Unlock Data for Wrestler ID Undertaker 103 in Unlocked Attire Slot 21"

Clicked "Save All Data to misc01_start_p30_pac file"

~Then in CCT~

Clicked "Superstars"

Clicked "Import"

Clicked "Chunk Tools"

Chose "Regenerate Chunk0.def"

Opened game

Went to "My WWE" and changed Adam Cole from cheer to boo, saved.

Went to test by setting up match, and Undertaker remains unchanged. No alt attire showing. Tested his entrance just to make sure I didn't accidentally save over the main attire. It's as though I've done nothing.

What step(s) am I missing?

Number of attires should be set to 3 as Undertaker (103) has 3 attires.
What you did ( number of attires - 1) is removing his alternate attires. The number of attires modifies how many attires he would have in-game.

34 minutes ago, likemike023 said:

Number of attires should be set to 3 as Undertaker (103) has 3 attires.
What you did ( number of attires - 1) is removing his alternate attires. The number of attires modifies how many attires he would have in-game.

Ah, ok. That's what I get for never using him lol. I didn't know he had alt attires. Is my process correct otherwise?

Edited by Riggan

2 hours ago, Riggan said:
5 minutes ago, Riggan said:

Ah, ok. That's what I get for never using him lol. I didn't know he had alt attires. Is my process correct otherwise?

Clicked "Superstars"

Here I think you should import it in Attire 3. ( chXXXYZ ; Y as attire number [0 as first attire] )

The rest is fine.

1 hour ago, likemike023 said:

Here I think you should import it in Attire 3. ( chXXXYZ ; Y as attire number [0 as first attire] )

The rest is fine.

I got it to work! Now it's starting to make better sense. Thank you for your help!

2 hours ago, likemike023 said:

The rest is fine.

One follow up question I have is if you've installed new pac files into an alt attire slot, is it possible to install moveset/pofo files for just that slot? I just made WCW Warrior into an alt attire for Ultimate Warrior (Slot 254). Can he have the moveset/pofo files installed without effecting attire 1, or does he have to be a different character on his own?

Edited by Riggan

3 hours ago, Riggan said:

One follow up question I have is if you've installed new pac files into an alt attire slot, is it possible to install moveset/pofo files for just that slot? I just made WCW Warrior into an alt attire for Ultimate Warrior (Slot 254). Can he have the moveset/pofo files installed without effecting attire 1, or does he have to be a different character on his own?

I'm not really sure but I think it's possible for the entrances I think.

Edited by likemike023
added some detail

4 hours ago, Riggan said:

No, that's one of the reasons why 2k/Yuke's used copies of the same wrestler from different eras in different slots. You can, however, add a different entrance for each attire, but that is more complicated (as in extensive hex editing) than using Data Editor or changing it in game as you'll have to manually modify the various *.pac files to add different entrance values (there are tutorials around the forums, you'll have to search for them).
There is another exception, though. You can use different .pofo and .moveset files for each Universe save you have (up to 3 - chose Universe1-3 depending on which save you wish to mod when installing  .pofo and .moveset files in CCT). So if you create a separate WWF Universe and a WCW Universe, you would be able to use unique  .pofo and .moveset files for each universe.

In the Ultimate Warrior's case, why would you really want to use a different .pofo and .moveset anyway? He didn't really learn any new moves compared to his WWF days, haha. You could simply add his WCW attire as an alternate attire. If it's about the name, having him as "Ultimate Warrior" isn't that different anyway either. His entrance music was a bit of a ripoff of his WWF theme, too, so changing that isn't really necessary.
Seeing that Warrior had the Disciple as Manager in WCW, what you could also do as well and would be easier,  is to use Data Editor to make a Tag Team, set the name of the Tag Team to "Warrior" with the Disciple and set his WCW theme music and Turnertron for the team, change the entrance file for the team to Warrior's singles entrance (or an alternate entrance you want him to use when he's WCW Warrior). That way, whenever you set Disciple as his manager (or have them tag), he'll come out with his WCW theme, trons and it will even say "Warrior" on the nameplate. So when you choose a WCW attire, ensure you also set Disciple as his Manager or Tag Team Partner for the match and he'll be WCW Warrior.
I've done this with the pre-nWo WCW Hogan attires (with Jimmy Hart) in the same slot as WWF Hogan in the past and thought it worked well.

Then again, if you want to use WWF's Ultimate Warrior and WCW's Warrior against each other or have them team for frantasy matches without using a trainer, you'd want to install each in it's own character slot anyway.

34 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

No, that's one of the reasons why 2k/Yuke's used copies of the same wrestler from different eras...

Oh, I see. Whew, yeah....haha, I'll refrain from the hex editing at this point.

Honestly, the main reason I wanted to put some of the different "skins" into alt attire slots is to clean up the amount of guys on the main roster who don't have profile images. It's just that blank grey silhouette. Is there a way to add images to those slots? One of the tutorial videos I was watching claimed there wasn't, but that could've been the same uploader who has some outdated walkthroughs.

17 hours ago, Riggan said:

Oh, I see. Whew, yeah....haha, I'll refrain from the hex editing at this point.

Honestly, the main reason I wanted to put some of the different "skins" into alt attire slots is to clean up the amount of guys on the main roster who don't have profile images. It's just that blank grey silhouette. Is there a way to add images to those slots? One of the tutorial videos I was watching claimed there wasn't, but that could've been the same uploader who has some outdated walkthroughs.

The community calls these images "renders". You can install them for each attire using CCT while the game isn't running. You'll have to install an A and a B render for each which have slightly different formats. Check the Multimedia Mods section for Renders you can download for your Wrestlers.
But once again, please read the Installing Mods wiki page as information like this is found there. :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The community calls these images "renders". You can install them for each attire using CCT while the game isn't running. You'll have to install an A and a B render for each which have slightly different formats. Check the Multimedia Mods section for Renders you can download for your Wrestlers.
But once again, please read the Installing Mods wiki page as information like this is found there. :)

I'll look into it for sure. Would love to tidy those slots up with some cool eye candy. I've been using the "WWE 2K19 Trainer" app to put real life images on my CAWs today, so I'm starting to get familiar with the concept.

Thank you for all your help. You've been very polite and forthcoming with info. Much appreciated, Sir.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Mate does this include the alternate attires of the added characters on the vacant slots?
I saw a tutorial using MD5 hash regarding this but I can't get it to work on alternate attires.

6 hours ago, likemike023 said:

Mate does this include the alternate attires of the added characters on the vacant slots?
I saw a tutorial using MD5 hash regarding this but I can't get it to work on alternate attires.

You should be able to add or replace renders to any attire for any slot that's selectable in CCT via CCT. No rehashing required, CCT does it all for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You should be able to add or replace renders to any attire for any slot that's selectable in CCT via CCT. No rehashing required, CCT does it all for you.

Is the CCT for 2k18 works like that as well?

7 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'm having mixed results so far. I'm importing the renders into both A and B slots and more often than not I'm finding one is working while the other isn't. I finally got both to work for Taker '99 (who is now Ministry Taker on my game). So far though, I've not been able to get the loading screen render to work for Taker '91's default attire.

I've experimented with my own images (1024x1024) saved in dds format with BC3/DXT5 compression, and have also downloaded the mega pack from a thread here and tried using 2K15 retro Taker on Taker 91's default attire. The character select screen won't seem to take it though, while the loading screen does show the new image.

Edited by Riggan
corrected img extension typo

1 hour ago, likemike023 said:

Is the CCT for 2k18 works like that as well?

I'm not sure, I don't have the 2k18 stuff installed anymore. Best to ask the tool's author in the official thread for it over in the 2k18 forum.

1 hour ago, Riggan said:

I'm having mixed results so far. I'm importing the renders into both A and B slots and more often than not I'm finding one is working while the other isn't. I finally got both to work for Taker '99 (who is now Ministry Taker on my game). So far though, I've not been able to get the loading screen render to work for Taker '91's default attire.

I've experimented with my own images (1024x1024) saved in dds format with BC3/DXT5 compression, and have also downloaded the mega pack from a thread here and tried using 2K15 retro Taker on Taker 91's default attire. The character select screen won't seem to take it though, while the loading screen does show the new image.

Do you have the latest version of CCT installed? If you don't, update it. If you do, remove any ltag_type*.pac files you may have anywhere else in the game directory except the ones in WWE 2k19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\, then use CCT to rebuild the Chunk0.def file (while the game isn't running, of course).

If that doesn't help, you could also try to clear the game cache by deleting the folder %LocalAppData%\Temp\WWE 2K19 and restarting Windows.

If it still doesn't help, there may be a bug in CCT, report it in the CCT thread.

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'm not sure, I don't have the 2k18 stuff installed anymore. Best to ask the tool's author in the official thread for it over in the 2k18 forum.

It's not included as I checked. That's why I'm trying the hash..