Backing up Mods from a failing HDD

ultragarrison123

Hey guys, 

My current HDD is failing and i was wondering how i would be able to back up my copy of WWE 2K19 with the mods included. Do you guys think i would be able to successfully migrate the data over to my new harddrive by simply copying and pasting the contents of the steam files once i have installed a clean version of WWE 2K19 on my new HDD?

Yes. Make sure you have fully downloaded and fully updated WWE 2k19 on your new HDD first, then close Steam, delete/rename the new game folder and copy the one from your old SSD over instead. Otherwise Steam will overwrite some of your modded files (nothing from the mods folder, but things like titantrons and sound files you may have modded). Start the game and you'll be good to go with all your mods intact.

On a side note, if you wish to backup just your mods (assuming you were smart enough to have installed all your modded .pac files in the \mods\ folder instead of the regular \pac\ folder), you'll have to backup your \mods\ folder, any trons you have modified from \movies\titantron and any sound files you have modded from the \sound\ folder as well as the chunk0.def (although that can be rebuilt easily anyway).

20 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Yes. Make sure you have fully downloaded and fully updated WWE 2k19 on your new HDD first, then close Steam, delete/rename the new game folder and copy the one from your old SSD over instead. Otherwise Steam will overwrite some of your modded files (nothing from the mods folder, but things like titantrons and sound files you may have modded). Start the game and you'll be good to go with all your mods intact.

On a side note, if you wish to backup just your mods (assuming you were smart enough to have installed all your modded .pac files in the \mods\ folder instead of the regular \pac\ folder), you'll have to backup your \mods\ folder, any trons you have modified from \movies\titantron and any sound files you have modded from the \sound\ folder as well as the chunk0.def (although that can be rebuilt easily anyway).

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah, i am using CCT so i do have a mod folder.