TUTORIAL : HOW TO REMOVE SUPERSTAR SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY COMMENTARY FROM A CHARACTER SLOT

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

This is a tutorial on how to remove gameplay commentary in a superstar's slot. Though I try to make this as simple as I can , it might be daunting if you are just learning to mod your game .

Now why would we want to do this ? Ill give a few practical examples.

* I want to place a mod over El Mago's slot or any other in-game character I'm not using in the game.

* I want to use a retro mod of an in-game character on a separate slot rather than as an alternate attire, as they may have slightly different profiles and movesets, for instance Seth Rollins (shield) and current Seth Rollins.

To achieve this for that slot, the following data will need to be removed from the slot

1. The Ring announcer ID (You will need to go though  ring announcer tutorial for this)

2. Pre-match commentary

3. Play by play commentary

4. Chatter commentary, where the commentary team talk about the character's past achievements, history, rivalries etc.

Now lets crack on.

TOOLS REQUIRED:

HxD, Pac Editor. (I will assume you know how to use these tools. )

Windows Calculator set to Programmer mode ( For converting ID's to hex values)

File to be modded : sound_p30.pac file. (pac\audio folder) If you have the ported entrances mod, you can use the copy in that pack.

Always remember to backup the modified files. You will need to create a folder and place the sound_p30.pac file inside it.

In the first example, I will be removing El-Mago's commentary from his slot.

1. Launch Pac Editor and open the sound_p30.pac file. Click on MASS EXTRACT. A folder @sound_p30.pac is created.

2. Navigate to the folder and open the 0067.dat file. Here is the file path

@sound_p30.pac\@0BFD09BF523F7140.pac\@012C.pac.

3.We will need to make changes to two data sections in the file. As a reference we will use the commentary ID for Steve Austin 

A7 CA D8 BE. This ID occurs in two places. Perform a search for these bytes (Hex search). You wiil be presented with the data in two locations

The highlighted data 65 00 00 00 A7 CA D8 BE is the ID and commentary ID for Steve Austin (65 is hexadecimal for 101)

The first entry here  64 00 00 00 3A B5 61 12 is the ID and commentary ID for the Rock (64 is hexadecimal for 100)

rZqa0ZO.jpg

6i89sb9.jpg

To locate the commentary ID for a character in both slots, you first need to know the CH ID for the character. You can look it up in the CCT Superstars list.

For EL Mago we need to look up the character ID . The charater ID is 764. Convert 764 to Hex with the windows calculator set to programmer mode

764 = 2 FC in hex. You will need to flip the bytes as FC 02 . This is what we need to locate.

When you perform a search for A7 CA D8 BE, scroll down the file till you locate FC 02 as shown here. This is the Character ID and the Commentary ID for El Mago's slot

75 65 6E 44

d6jGCPN.jpg

Since you have located the first one, You can highlight the 8 bytes FC 02 00 00 75 65 6E 44 and just perform a search to locate the second entry directly

twzn7uO.jpg

To remove the commentary ID in both instances , all you need to do is change the 75 65 6E 44 to 00 00 00 00 as shown here. You need to preform this step for bot entries.

jLUUgn6.jpg

Save the file.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will illustrate a second example. Lets say I have a Seth Rollins retro mod on a separate mod slot and I want to copy over Seth Rollins commentary to that slot.

First thing is to look up Seth Rollins ID in CCT. This is 369. Converting to Hex gives 171. Flip the bytes as 71 01.

When you perform a search for the Steve Austin bytes, scroll down to locate 71 01. 

As seen here in the highlighted data 71 01 00 00 C3 90 71 DD Seth Rollins commentary ID is C3 90 71 DD

kNjMPKx.jpg

I will assume I have a Seth Rollins mod in mod slot 912 which is marked as Gangrel in CCT.

convert 912 to hex gives 390 . Flip the bytes as 90 03.

unused character ID slots for mods haven't got superstar specific commentary so they are not listed in the file, but we can add an entry for the slot.

You will need to note the ID's are listed downward in  ascending order.  The last character ID for in-game superstars is 806 which is Ricochet's. Convert 806 to hex gives 326 which we flip as 26 03.

We scroll down to the 26 03 entry and paste insert  the data for Seth Rollins after that entry since its the next highest number as shown 

DPuYHLD.jpg

Since the ID for the slot is 912, which we converted and flipped as 90 03, we replace 71 01 with 90 03.

U4970LZ.jpg

This step needs to be performed in the second section of bytes as described in the first example.

Then save.

When injecting back.

Open the 012C.pac file in the @soundp30 subfolder with Pac Editor and inject the 0067.dat file into it. 

Open the 0BFD09BF523F7140.pac file and use the INJECT AS ZLIB function to inject the 012C.pac file into it.

Open the sound_p30.pac file and inject the 0BFD09BF523F7140.pac into it.

Place the file back in the pac\audio folder.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Glorious 2

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TUTORIAL : HOW TO REMOVE SUPERSTAR SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY COMMENTARY FROM A CHARACTER SLOT

Thanks for this man. Looks very similar to how I used to hex edit the audio and name calls in 2K14 on console. Great find.  Be interesting to know if past games commentary is left over at all, since I'm aware some names calls such as 'Earthquake' are. 

Edited by LordBarker
  • Like 1

Just now, LordBarker said:

Thanks for this man. Looks very similar to how I used to hex edit the audio and name calls in 2K14 on console. Great find.  Be interesting to know if past games commentary is left over at all, since I'm aware some names calls such as 'Earthquake' are. 

Hi, Commentary for most characters were removed. The only removed character with commentary in the game are: Tommaso Ciampa, Nikki Cross, Enzo (partial), Mark Henry (partial)

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will be very useful, as I've been wanting to replace some guys who had little impact on the company, but the incorrect commentary had been putting me off. @squaredcirclefan This game is so much better because of your research and tutorials.

• Like 2

Do you have info on how to update Jo Jo call names? Like if I swapped out Dusty Rhodes for Karrion Kross how do I update her voices saying in sound editor? 

Edited by Hey Yo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hey Yo said:

Do you have info on how to update Jo Jo call names? Like if I swapped out Dusty Rhodes for Karrion Kross how do I update her voices saying in sound editor? 

Hi, this is explained in the ring announcer tutorial. 

If you are replacing, you will just need to search for Dusty Rhodes call names in Sound editor and inject Karrion Kross names over it.

• 2 months later...

So I am trying to zero out all the retro daniel bryans 

BRIAN 10 (330)  4A 01 00 00 01 59 1A C1
BRIAN 13 (328) 48 01 00 00 55 B6 BD FD 
BRIAN 12 (329) 49 01 00 00 11 43 67 D0
BRIAN 14 (458) CA 01 00 00 55 B6 BD FD
everything is fine the 1st time but when i try to find the second set hxd cant find anything except for BRIAN 10

do they all use the same commentary or am i doing something wrong

• Like 1

Hi,

That should be correct. Some of the ID's are not in both places. You will need to test in gameplay .There shouldn't be any issues.

14 minutes ago, Fawuwu said:

So I am trying to zero out all the retro daniel bryans 

BRIAN 10 (330)  4A 01 00 00 01 59 1A C1
BRIAN 13 (328) 48 01 00 00 55 B6 BD FD 
BRIAN 12 (329) 49 01 00 00 11 43 67 D0
BRIAN 14 (458) CA 01 00 00 55 B6 BD FD
everything is fine the 1st time but when i try to find the second set hxd cant find anything except for BRIAN 10

do they all use the same commentary or am i doing something wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 4:53 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, Commentary for most characters were removed. The only removed character with commentary in the game are: Tommaso Ciampa, Nikki Cross, Enzo (partial), Mark Henry (partial)

Hello,
   What do you mean by this? Is the data available to be assigned? If we were to try to assign Tommaso Ciampa commentary to a slot, where would we be able to find the data so we could put it in?

Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ari said:

Hello,
   What do you mean by this? Is the data available to be assigned? If we were to try to assign Tommaso Ciampa commentary to a slot, where would we be able to find the data so we could put it in?

Thank you.

HI,

The data is in the file. If you have an unmodified sound.p30.pac file, the data will be assigned to the 2k18 slot ID's as the developers don't change them. Tommaso Ciampa on ch692 and Nikki Cross on ch 698.

If you have the ported entrances pack installed, the sound_p30.pac file in the mod has the commentary ID's assigned to the mod slots.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Quick question regarding the four different types of commentary.

What I'd like to do is just remove everything bar play by play commentary. I'm sick of them rabbiting on about irrelevant crap when I'm having a match (I'd also like to remove superstar specific. What would be the best way to cut this out? Leave the third number and set number two and four to a zero?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SS2K21 said:

Quick question regarding the four different types of commentary.

What I'd like to do is just remove everything bar play by play commentary. I'm sick of them rabbiting on about irrelevant crap when I'm having a match (I'd also like to remove superstar specific. What would be the best way to cut this out? Leave the third number and set number two and four to a zero?

Hi,

Yes that’s the best way. The 129 container is for chants while 128 and 132 are for commentary. 36 is for prematch entrance commentary.