Layin' the SmackDown! PS3 project - Ruthless Aggression & Attitude Era Mod WIP

justYn1893

Early preview / work in progress.

The roster is not fully decided yet, so if you have any suggestion who needs / you want to be included (from the Ruthless Aggression or Attitude Era) write it down below! The best would be if there's already a mod created for them or they have been included in WWE '12, '13, 2K15, 2K16 or 2K17. If somebody is out there who knows how to create modded wrestlers and would be ready to help, that would be really nice so we can make this project as best as possible! :)

We have now a discord, if you have any suggestions just post them there in the #suggestions channel!

https://discord.gg/jUHGbJD

dK0Itbd.jpg

RLOwdEE.jpg

BYOUVDS.png

wm2rvdN.png

OFxm2AU.png

3pJv4lk.png

IqUBySp.jpg

0iMTdnP.jpg

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Woo 2

Nice menu renders! :) Looks refreshing.

I'd say you go thru the game series like Smackdown and RAW and simply go thru their rosters. You will know by yourself who to pick for the mod you are making.

I however can only suggest you mods that haven't been done elsewhere: Shelton Benjamin, Test (short hair), Spike Dudley, A-Train, Ultimo Dragon, Charlie Haas, Viscera, Kidman etc.

12 minutes ago, Impaler said:

Nice menu renders! :) Looks refreshing.

I'd say you go thru the game series like Smackdown and RAW and simply go thru their rosters. You will know by yourself who to pick for the mod you are making.

I however can only suggest you mods that haven't been done elsewhere: Shelton Benjamin, Test (short hair), Spike Dudley, A-Train, Ultimo Dragon, Charlie Haas, Viscera, Kidman etc.

Yeah actually I had kind of an idea who I want to be included, but the main problem is that probably some of them may have not been created yet. And in the end it‘s not only a mod for me, more for the community. So I thought I may pick up some suggestions first, before I start replacing as I‘m trying my best to keep them in alphabetical order, which will be not that easy.

I understand. Well there's always the DLC tab where those remaining wrestlers can go into which are added later.

Just gather a list of those essential characters which are available and fit the era and distribute in the select screen - the rest can be piled into DLC tab as added characters.

As far as rosters go this what I feel would be the ideal Ruthless Aggression Roster

2002-2005

RAW

- Triple H

- Ric Flair

- Randy Orton

- Shawn Michaels

- Batista

- Chris Jericho

- The Rock

- Goldberg

- N.W.O (Hogan,Hall,Nash,X-Pac)

- Kane

- Rob Van Dam

- Booker T

- Shane McMahon

- Big Show

- Christian

- Edge

- Jeff Hardy

- Raven

- Goldust

- Carlito

- Chris Matsters

- Sheltion Benjamin

Smackdown

- Undertaker

- Eddie Guerrero

- JBL

- Chris Benoit(???)

- Kurt Angle

- Rey Mysterio

- John Cena

- Brock Lesnar

- Chavo Guerrero

- Rhyno

- Rikishi

- Tajiri

- Scotty 2 Hotty

- Billy Kidman

- Jamie Noble

- Hurricane/Gregory Helms

- Matt Hardy

2006-2008

RAW

- John Cena

- Umaga

- Shawn Michaels

- Triple H

- Chris Jericho

-Randy Orton

- Jeff Hardy

- Johnny Nitro

- JTG

- Shad Gaspard

- Snitsky

- Santino Marella

- Daivari

Smackdown

- Batista

- Undertaker

- Kane

- Edge

- Rey Mysterio

- King Booker

- Mr. Kennedy

- MVP

- Finlay w/ Hornswoggle

- William Regal

- Zack Ryder

- Curt Hawkins

- Paul London

- Brian Kendrick

- Chavo Guerrero

- Bobby Lashley

- Mark Henry

- The Great Khali

ECW

- CM Punk

- Bobby Lashley

- Sabu

- Rob Van Dam

- Tommy Dreamer

- Sandman

- Elijah Burke

- Marcus Cor Von

- Big Daddy V

Edited by zdp777
  • Like 3

@zdp777 Thanks! I'll definitely consider your suggestions. And of course, the ones who were a huge part of the Ruthless Aggression Era, Kurt Angle or Chris Benoit for example will be included without any doubt.

Now some new stuff: Edge '99 & Christian '99 imported from WWE '13, the cool thing is it fits their early Ruthless Aggression Era style too.

I've considered maybe moving the likes of Edge, JBL or Batista to the first two rows because my current plan is to make the 1st, 2nd Ruthless Aggression and 3rd, 4th more Attitude Era guys. But if I would do that, they would lose their announcing and commentary. It would be way too much work to look through the thousands of sound files and re-assign them to their new slots. So I will just leave them in their current slot. Unfortunately we can't just switch their character selection screen positions..

33OfOar.jpg

And does anyone has this WWE debut Rey Mysterio mod? The links are dead and I don't know if somebody else has created one. Back then he didn't had so many tattoos so his current WWE game attires don't replicate Rey from back then very well and this mod just looks perfect.

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, williambeatty said:

@justYn1893 will you remove the old school arena filter?

Currently I've only replaced all the modern arenas, so I've still 28 arena slots free and yes, if I need to and if it's possible, I will remove the old school filter.

Edited by justYn1893

Kind of a cool concept. As a PS3 user, I'll keep my eye on this. As far as the roster goes, I guess it depends how far in each direction you want to go. How far into the Attitude era will you go? SmackDown! episode 1 in 1999? Or will you include some of 97-98? And how far into the Ruthless Aggression era will you go? Will you stick to pre-Super Cena (2002-2005) or are you pushing further into the end of the decade?

Good luck! 😀

19 minutes ago, williambeatty said:

@justYn1893 are the arenas from the wrestling legends mod for the xbox360?

At the moment there are a couple, like Tribute To The Troops or the WWF arenas. Big thanks to @summerslammer - SmackDown! '03, Raw Is War and Sunday Night Heat are created by Titan83 / @Titavius but he wasn't online since February so I don't know if I can use them, but still big thanks to him too! And most of the arenas are ports from WWE '13, 2K15 and 2K16.

And please, if you have any further questions ask them in one single post and not in 4 separate ones. Thanks.

Edited by justYn1893

21 minutes ago, CAWs4Concern said:

Kind of a cool concept. As a PS3 user, I'll keep my eye on this. As far as the roster goes, I guess it depends how far in each direction you want to go. How far into the Attitude era will you go? SmackDown! episode 1 in 1999? Or will you include some of 97-98? And how far into the Ruthless Aggression era will you go? Will you stick to pre-Super Cena (2002-2005) or are you pushing further into the end of the decade?

Good luck! 😀

Hey! For the Attitude Era I really don't mind, probably the most popular/wanted ones from the Attitude Era I guess. So on that one, I don't really stick to one particular time period. But for the Ruthless Aggression Era, I would like to stick in like 2002 - 2006 and there will definitely be only the real Cena, SmackDown! / World Life / Basic Thuganomics one. Screw My Time Is Now super Cena. 😁 And you can kinda see on the arenas with WrestleMania 19 and so on about 2003/04 would be the most accurate time. Those are the most arenas I have currently available from this time and they're either from the other WWE Games, summerslammer or Titan83 / Titavius (who had created so many great arenas back then but nearly all of the download links are gone sadly)

Edited by justYn1893

24 minutes ago, justYn1893 said:

At the moment there are a couple, like Tribute To The Troops or the WWF arenas. Big thanks to @summerslammer - SmackDown! '03, Raw Is War and Sunday Night Heat are created by Titan83 / @Titavius but he wasn't online since February so I don't know if I can use them, but still big thanks to him too! And most of the arenas are ports from WWE '13, 2K15 and 2K16.

And please, if you have any further questions ask them in one single post and not in 4 separate ones. Thanks.

can you add halftime heat arenas from wwe 13 to wwe 2k14?

12 minutes ago, justYn1893 said:

Yes I can do that. I'll add it to the list.

will you make a xbox360 version of the wwe 2k14 mod?

Edited by williambeatty

16 minutes ago, williambeatty said:

will you make a xbox360 version of the wwe 2k14 mod?

Man what did I tell you? And the title says "PS3"... Stop spamming your questions in separate posts and ask them please in ONE single post. Not like every ten minutes a new question..

giphy.gif

• Yes! 1

10 hours ago, justYn1893 said:

Currently I've only replaced all the modern arenas, so I've still 28 arena slots free and yes, if I need to and if it's possible, I will remove the old school filter.

It is possible and you should remove it. It gets really annoying really fast. Red Rooster had a tutorial on this issue somewhere in the forum.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, Impaler said:

It is possible and you should remove it. It gets really annoying really fast. Red Rooster had a tutorial on this issue somewhere in the forum.

Alright thanks, good to know.

CM Punk retro - created by @canaus
His hair is not animated, if I remember correctly I could fix that if I give him a hair file from 2K14, and his right arm texture looks a little bit weird. But I'm not really the guy for stuff like that.

Eddie Guerrero port from WWE 2K17

Randy Orton Evolution - created by @Smk™

I'll probably do not include WWECW, but instead the original ECW. Mainly because there are no WWECW arenas created. (Titan83 created one but yeah the download links are gone) And because of Wrestling Legends we have at least some arenas from the original, ECW On TNN or Anarchy Rulez for example. So for Punk I will either put him on RAW or the original ECW because actually he fits pretty well into ECW I would say.

2jD8NBO.jpg

Edited by justYn1893
  • Yes! 1