Layin' the SmackDown! PS3 project - Ruthless Aggression & Attitude Era Mod WIP

justYn1893

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 6:21 AM, justYn1893 said:

Scotty 2 Hotty (1 attire) - WWE '13 DLC - replaced Seth Rollins

Tajiri (1 attire) - from Wrestling Legends - replaced Sheamus

Test (1 attire) - created by ERI619 (commissioned by @Impaler so big thanks to him!) - replaced Sin Cara

Tyson Tomko (1 attire) - created by @RollingRocky300 - replaced Tensai

Tommy Dreamer (1 attire) - created by @Dbo2700 - replaced Titus O'Neil

Val Venis (2 attires) - replaced Wade Barrett

William Regal (2 attires) - created by @Titavius - replaced Zack Ryder

Second row done. 🙂 (including entrances and movesets)

XzKNSJ8.jpg

5ax6OCv.jpg

kxmcyB2.jpg

elG55Bo.png

Anyone got a link for that Test?

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome! I would love to contribute any way I can. I’m a graphic designer and sound designer. I can replicate pretty much anything either way I can’t wait to get this mod!

Edited by Oozinmachizmo
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well boys, first of all sorry for the inactivity but I've been busy working on other projects, but now I got back working on some 2K14 stuff. At the moment I'm messing around with arena modding because it's kinda lacking arenas from the Ruthless Aggression Era. And for me as someone who is completely new to this I thought using a Create an Arena part is a good way to get into it, so I've started working on making Judgement Day 2004.

As a base I use Titavius's SmackDown '06 arena because fortunately, he didn't compress his edited object files so it made it easier for me to figure out what the stage parts are. I'll obviously try my best to make it look as accurate as possible.

8E4PPSf.png

1AZ6RqJ.png

rlh7pMt.png

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1

Update on the Judgement Day arena.

It's close to being finished, but I've no idea how I fix the lighting. It still has the blue lights from the SmackDown arena. So if anyone knows how to do and fix the lighting, I would appreciate the help.

Also gotta figure out how to add the second announce table at ringside.

Xjt7OmJ.png

C7b0Gmc.png

wex7tzS.png

Tuhqxz7.png

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 4
  • Woo 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, justYn1893 said:

As I thought, all the arenas are in that one particular file, which controls if they have a ramp animation or not. Just most slots don't have that /MOV/M000 and it's only blank.

So because of that, I was now able to more organize my arena selection menu how I wanted it. SmackDown! '03, SummerSlam '02 and No Way Out '01 are now in their right slot, so they have accurate commentary. Sunday Night Heat has been replaced by the SmackDown! '03 arena (made by @Titavius) but I have swapped out some textures, so now it's a Velocity arena. Minitron, nameplate and such are from WWE 2K19.

But what really bothers me now are the location and nameplates. Is there a way to move the text or do I have to rescale the animations to make them fit?

RaSj1KX.jpg

c9aw2ea.jpg

RRCnrOO.jpg

Wich file you need to edit to unable ramp animations?

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 11:26 PM, Wolfstrike28 said:

any updates?

No updates really because I haven't been working on it since the last update. So it's still in the same state I left it a year ago. Worked on other things but to show off one of these and what will be possible to do now, thanks to @jakeypearce and @xtremebrett we're now able to convert yobj's from the SvR games to the new yobj format and vice versa. Here is a ported stage piece from SvR 2008, working now on getting character models to work.

TuSYe8G.png

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, justYn1893 said:

No updates really because I haven't been working on it since the last update. So it's still in the same state I left it a year ago. Worked on other things but to show off one of these and what will be possible to do now, thanks to @jakeypearce and @xtremebrett we're now able to convert yobj's from the SvR games to the new yobj format and vice versa. Here is a ported stage piece from SvR 2008, working now on getting character models to work.

TuSYe8G.png

This is awesome news! Porting SVR Characters to 2K14 is the ultimate game changer 

9 hours ago, PaulSmackage said:

This is awesome news! Porting SVR Characters to 2K14 is the ultimate game changer 

Update on that: Unfortunately we weren't able to figure out so far how to get the converted character yobj's to work in game. At the moment they always crash, which we think might be because of their skeleton and bones as everything pre WWE '12 was scaled way smaller and the bone names changed a bit. We couldn't really figure out yet how to properly update them. None of us really got too much experience when it comes to bone or skeleton related stuff so I'm not sure how long it'll take.

And after a long time finally an update on Layin' The SmackDown!

I'm trying to fix a few things on the current build and then the first version will get released. Let's hope it won't take me as long as it took me so far lol

But I also wanna apologize to everyone who's been looking forward to this project so much and for the bad communication on my end! Really wasn't my intention to let y'all down so much, but I underestimated a bit how much work and motivation a project like this needs. In the end I just lost the motivation and it's hard to get back on something like this after several months of not working on it.

• Like 2

I believe that it is only possible to import 2K15 moves into 2K14 with some changes (black flashes sometimes happen) and from 2K16 (requires some changes but technically possible). 2K17 is completely different format thus impossible.

All this info came from @Red Rooster he's the one who achieved this incredible feat which was documented in the WL topic.

3 hours ago, Impaler said:

I believe that it is only possible to import 2K15 moves into 2K14 with some changes (black flashes sometimes happen) and from 2K16 (requires some changes but technically possible). 2K17 is completely different format thus impossible.

All this info came from @Red Rooster he's the one who achieved this incredible feat which was documented in the WL topic.

But I think he means porting moves from the SvR games which I don't even know if that even got achieved yet by someone

• 2 months later...

Hey man so glad your working on this was wondering even so it seems you're trying to stick with only WWE do you think that it might be possible for you to add wrestlers from other companies from that time period, also could you add a new Discord link because the one on your first page is expired and I would like to join