Layin' the SmackDown! PS3 project - Ruthless Aggression & Attitude Era Mod WIP

justYn1893

Randy Orton (5 attires) - created by @Smk™

• Evolution
  • Red?/Gold
  • Purple/Black
  • Orange/White
  • WWE debut (not very accurate but still cool to have it)

Christian (5 attires)

• WWE '13 port

And 4 short hair attires created by @IamCrazyPT

• SvR 2005
  • Here Comes The Pain
  • WrestleMania 20
  • WrestleMania 21

The Rock (9 attires)

• WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 19
  • WWE 2K14 original - WrestleMania 18
  • WWE 2K16 port - Vengeance 2001
  • WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 17
  • WWE 2K16 port - Royal Rumble 2001
  • WWE 2K14 original - WrestleMania 16
  • WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 15
  • WWE 2K16 port - RAW November 1998
  • WWE 2K16 port - In Your House 19 (Nation of Domination)

Does anyone have @N'Jadaka's "The Rock Mega Pack" or any of his mods? Only "PM for links" but he wasn't online since 2018 so I guess that doesn't work anymore. 

3VedEBh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Yes! 1

2 minutes ago, MKKHAN said:

Try Randy ortan retro from 2k15 he is good in past models

I had him included but his skin tone is a bit different from the ones created by Smk™ so I removed him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justYn1893 said:

Randy Orton (5 attires) - created by @Smk™

• Evolution
  • Red?/Gold
  • Purple/Black
  • Orange/White
  • WWE debut (not very accurate but still cool to have it)

Christian (5 attires)

• WWE '13 port

And 4 short hair attires created by @IamCrazyPT

• SvR 2005
  • Here Comes The Pain
  • WrestleMania 20
  • WrestleMania 21

The Rock (9 attires)

• WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 19
  • WWE 2K14 original - WrestleMania 18
  • WWE 2K16 port - Vengeance 2001
  • WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 17
  • WWE 2K16 port - Royal Rumble 2001
  • WWE 2K14 original - WrestleMania 16
  • WWE 2K16 port - WrestleMania 15
  • WWE 2K16 port - RAW November 1998
  • WWE 2K16 port - In Your House 19 (Nation of Domination)

Does anyone have @N'Jadaka's "The Rock Mega Pack" or any of his mods? Only "PM for links" but he wasn't online since 2018 so I guess that doesn't work anymore. 

3VedEBh.jpg

I was looking for it too hopefully he will come back one day his mods is awesome

On 12/6/2020 at 1:35, justYn1893 said:

Vista previa temprana / trabajo en progreso.

La lista aún no está completamente decidida, así que si tienes alguna sugerencia de quién necesita / quieres ser incluido (de la Era de la Agresión Despiadada o la Actitud) ¡escríbelo a continuación! Lo mejor sería si ya hay un mod creado para ellos o si se han incluido en WWE '12, '13, 2K15, 2K16 o 2K17. Si hay alguien por ahí que sabe cómo crear luchadores modificados y está dispuesto a ayudar, ¡eso sería realmente bueno para que podamos hacer que este proyecto sea lo mejor posible!:)

Ahora tenemos una discordia, si tiene alguna sugerencia, ¡publíquela allí en el canal #suggestions!

https://discord.gg/jUHGbJD

dK0Itbd.jpg

RLOwdEE.jpg

BYOUVDS.png

wm2rvdN.png

OFxm2AU.png

3pJv4lk.png

IqUBySp.jpg

0iMTdnP.jpg

What mnlayhd.pac file did you edit, the one from "GAMES" or "game" to change the background in the superstar.

6 minutes ago, rafael_ignacio said:

What mnlayhd.pac file did you edit, the one from "GAMES" or "game" to change the background in the superstar.

Always only the one from "GAMES". If you edit anything from the "game" /pac folder it could corrupt your game data.

8 hours ago, justYn1893 said:

Siempre solo el de "JUEGOS". Si edita algo desde la carpeta "game" / pac, podría dañar los datos de su juego.

I said it, because when you change the render of a superstar in the "Menuhd.pac" file in the "game" folder, you read it without problems. so if I want to change the background I edit the file "mnlayhd" and change it in the .def file or do I just put it?

5 hours ago, rafael_ignacio said:

I said it, because when you change the render of a superstar in the "Menuhd.pac" file in the "game" folder, you read it without problems. so if I want to change the background I edit the file "mnlayhd" and change it in the .def file or do I just put it?

I don't even know why you would change the "menuHD.pac" in the "game" folder when this file is in "GAMES" too?

So the background is in MnLayHD.pac/MLYE\EMBG.pac or EM00.pac, if you just look at all the 4 digit folder names, it's really self-explanatory because they kinda tell which folder has textures for which menu. 

About the .def files, I can't help you with that as I don't know if you still have the .arc files and all that. That's something you'll need to figure out by yourself, just like I did. 🙂

1 hour ago, justYn1893 said:

Ni siquiera sé por qué cambiarías el "menuHD.pac" en la carpeta "juego" cuando este archivo también esté en "JUEGOS".

Por lo tanto, el fondo está en MnLayHD.pac / MLYE \ EMBG.pac o EM00.pac, si solo mira los nombres de las carpetas de 4 dígitos, se explica por sí mismo porque indican qué carpeta tiene texturas para cada menú. 

Sobre los archivos .def, no puedo ayudarte con eso ya que no sé si todavía tienes los archivos .arc y todo eso. Eso es algo que deberás resolver por ti mismo, como lo hice yo. 🙂

no, i have the eboot.bin edited (remove .arc) and edit the "menuhd" of "game" to change the image of the superstar. Although I don't know if editing the menu "games" and editing the .def also work?

This is the current plan of the character selection screen roster. Left Ruthless Aggression, right Attitude Era. (with some RA guys, because I cannot switch their selection screen position without changing their ID and about the AE roster I've not decided yet) Next to the wrestlers of the base game, I've written down the potential replacements. Green marked - has been replaced / will stay in the game.

So the main problem now is, many guys of the Ruthless Aggression Era (especially some tag teams) have not been created yet. I'll now list some. Maybe some of them have been made and I just didn't found them.

• Shelton Benjamin (The World's Greatest Tag Team)
  • Charlie Haas (The World's Greatest Tag Team)
  • Sylvain Grenier (La Résistance)
  • René Duprée (La Résistance)
  • Chuck Palumbo (Full Blooded Italians)
  • Nunzio (Full Blooded Italians)
  • Johnny Stamboli (Full Blooded Italians)
  • Doug Basham (The Basham Brothers)
  • Danny Basham (The Basham Brothers)
  • Jamie Noble
  • Chris Masters
  • Maven
  • Billy Kidman
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Gregory Helms
  • Rico
  • Jon Heidenreich
  • Funaki
  • Hardcore Holly
  • Rob Conway
  • Brian Kendrick

Note: ECW guys who were not a big part of the Ruthless Aggression Era like Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Sabu or The Sandman will go into the DLC tab.

VqU3Wib.png

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1

Alright guys I've some good news. 

First, I finally figured out how to convert these goddamn .bik files (nameplates and such) without losing the transparency, to edit them in Adobe After Effects. All of that, just so we can have an actual SmackDown! 2003 nameplate (ripped from the WrestleMania 21 game, it has a lot of good looking 2004 shows/PPV nameplates) Had to cut off the spike design that would go up on the left side of the screen because I think it's not possible to make such a big nameplate compared to all the others. It would always resize it back to 1280x400.

YliEYBy.png

The even better news is, that @xtremebrett (huge thanks to him!) did send me a link to a thread on the Legends Of Modding forum on how to change the ramp setting for arenas in SvR 2011. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/legendsofmodding/how-to-edit-ramp-setting-in-arena-t2232.html 

For testing I used arena slot 00 (SmackDown - in my case now replaced by SmackDown '99) which normally is a ramp arena as you might know, but yeah you'll see Rey is literally walking inside of the stage and Undertaker is riding through the ramp, so it seems to actually work:

goRGldR.png

us8EiUh.png

The only thing what I don't quite understand is, in the file you need to edit it only goes up to M016 but then after that, there only come again M014, M013, M000 and then it goes on I think but just without the /MOV/M000 so I guess they're just no named. Because like all the 29 WrestleMania's, WWE Main Event and the WM Moment arena are nowhere to be found, or they're somewhere else located but I don't know about that.

• Too Sweet 1

As I thought, all the arenas are in that one particular file, which controls if they have a ramp animation or not. Just most slots don't have that /MOV/M000 and it's only blank.

So because of that, I was now able to more organize my arena selection menu how I wanted it. SmackDown! '03, SummerSlam '02 and No Way Out '01 are now in their right slot, so they have accurate commentary. Sunday Night Heat has been replaced by the SmackDown! '03 arena (made by @Titavius) but I have swapped out some textures, so now it's a Velocity arena. Minitron, nameplate and such are from WWE 2K19.

But what really bothers me now are the location and nameplates. Is there a way to move the text or do I have to rescale the animations to make them fit?

RaSj1KX.jpg

c9aw2ea.jpg

RRCnrOO.jpg

Edited by justYn1893
  • Like 1
  • Yes! 1

Damn this whole project looks incredible! Gonna have to dust off the PS3 for this one, also where did you get the Christian RA mod from? Anyone got a link for it?

3 minutes ago, PaulSmackage said:

Damn this whole project looks incredible! Gonna have to dust off the PS3 for this one, also where did you get the Christian RA mod from? Anyone got a link for it?

There you go 🙂

• Like 1
  • Woo 1

I've now rescaled all the location and nameplates for the arenas as best as I can. But I still need:

• Location plate for SmackDown '03
  • Location & nameplate for SmackDown '99
  • Location & nameplate for Judgment Day '98
  • Location & nameplate for Tribute To The Troops

bmxvmB3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swooog said:

incredible work let me know if you start accepting donations :)

Haha, but probably not. It just doesn't feel right to me, to accept donations. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justYn1893 said:

Haha, but probably not. It just doesn't feel right to me, to accept donations. 🙂

i am on xbox but really appreciate your work  

2 hours ago, Swooog said:

incredible work let me know if you start accepting donations :)

man the game will free for you dont worry  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKKHAN said:

man the game will free for you dont worry 

i know it will be free i dont expect anything in return, i just really appreciate what hes doing.

11 hours ago, justYn1893 said:

It just doesn't feel right to me, to accept donations. 🙂

yeah i understand

The replacing has begun:

Albert (1 attire) - replaced Alberto Del Rio

• WWE 2K17 port

Booker T (1 attire) - replaced Antonio Cesaro

• WWE 2K15 port

Bubba Ray Dudley (4 attires) - created by @El Guapo - replaced Brodus Clay

• Blue
  • Red/Grey
  • Grey
  • ECW

Carlito (1 attire) - created by @stlpowercat - replaced Cody Rhodes

5Uc5iLU.jpg

hwuqL58.jpg

Also, I have an updated roster list for the character selection screen. Now in the first two rows, there will be now some guys from the Attitude Era too, and to fill out the slots some ECW guys because without them it would be not so easy to keep everything in alphabetical order. 😁 

uZUZJN0.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, justYn1893 said:

The replacing has begun:

with replacing whats it like with the announcers will they for example call Carlito Cody Rhodes or have you changed it for a generic caw call name or do they not even have one at all 

20 minutes ago, Swooog said:

with replacing whats it like with the announcers will they for example call Carlito Cody Rhodes or have you changed it for a generic caw call name or do they not even have one at all 

At the moment they still have their original call name like Carlito has Cody Rhodes. That's a thing I'm looking forward to do, to give all of them their real call name, which will only be possible for the ones I'm replacing. But not for now because sound editing seems like a really annoying process.

• Like 1

Chavo Guerrero (2 attires) - created by @Mathayus (Community DLC pack 3) - replaced Damien Sandow

Chris Benoit (10 attires) - from Wrestling Legends (huge thanks to all of their creators! 🙂) - replaced Daniel Bryan

Diamond Dallas Page (1 attire) - WWE '13 DLC - replaced Darren Young

D'Lo Brown (1 attire) - created by @stlpowercat - replaced David Otunga

gMSAKU6.png

cT8smVy.png

kKGHN5o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1