Modding Tools & Misc. Questions

CAWs4Concern

Hey all, I didn't see an introduction section so I guess I'll just wing it. Sorry for the long post! If anyone was around on the old No Mercy Zone I was on there as The Crow. I used to make simple attire hacks and CAWs. I'm just getting into modding this game on my PS3.

First of all, while I know that I'm about 6 years late to the party, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has worked on these games and shared their creations/knowledge with the rest of us. The tutorials on here have been incredibly insightful. Using the tuts provided I have successfully added alt attires to a handful of wrestlers (Big Show Retro, HBK Retro, DiBiase, Hollywood Hogan, etc.) And I'm excited to start really delving into this game by adding new wrestlers and entrances and such.

I understand that there are a lot of people out there that look for handouts (both here and in life) and I don't want to be one of them. I'm willing to put in the work if you point me in the right direction. And hopefully one day I'll be able to give back to the community, as well. With that said, I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered by the vets:

1. To add the aforementioned alt attires, I used X-Packer 8, which if I have the time line right was the final free addition of that software (released for WWE 13). However, it can't do much else when it comes to 2k14 (save editing, adding wrestlers, etc.) I was perusing through the forums and the modding wiki and noticed there were a bunch of free tools that people are using with the newer PC games. Can these tools be used with last gen games, as well? Or do I have to bite the bullet and get X-Packer?

2. Akin to the first question, is some of what is being done on PC possible on last gen? Specifically the below tutorial. It bugs the heck out of me when Hogan's shirt changes color/design or boas spawn out of the blue when he gets to the ring. I read in an older thread that someone tried splicing retro Hogan's WM7 shirt rip on his normal entrance and it failed, but with 2k15 POW Hogan's entrance having been successfully ported since then (if I recall what I read correctly) and this being a more recent tut I was curious if this method works for older games, as well.

Thanks again to everyone for making all of this even possible. I'm slowly but surely turning this game into the kind of wrestling game I always wanted as a kid.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

3 hours ago, CAWs4Concern said:

1. To add the aforementioned alt attires, I used X-Packer 8, which if I have the time line right was the final free addition of that software (released for WWE 13). However, it can't do much else when it comes to 2k14 (save editing, adding wrestlers, etc.) I was perusing through the forums and the modding wiki and noticed there were a bunch of free tools that people are using with the newer PC games. Can these tools be used with last gen games, as well? Or do I have to bite the bullet and get X-Packer?

Xpacker is your only option to be honest, The price is very small and the support Tekken gives is fantastic, Ive never regretted buying any of his tools. 

While you might be able to do a few things with the PC tools, theres a lot that only Xpacker can do so just bite the bullet and buy it.  

3 hours ago, CAWs4Concern said:

2. Akin to the first question, is some of what is being done on PC possible on last gen? Specifically the below tutorial. It bugs the heck out of me when Hogan's shirt changes color/design or boas spawn out of the blue when he gets to the ring. I read in an older thread that someone tried splicing retro Hogan's WM7 shirt rip on his normal entrance and it failed, but with 2k15 POW Hogan's entrance having been successfully ported since then (if I recall what I read correctly) and this being a more recent tut I was curious if this method works for older games, as well.

I would say the principals of what sparedcirclefan discovered on the PC version would be possible on 2k14 but some of the files will be a a little different.

I dont know if anyone ever tried on 2k14 because squarecirclefans discoveries came a long time after most people had moved on from 2k14.

Hi,

Some of the data modifications are possible in last gen, though I can't say how far.

The file which manages  alternate entrance motions for alternate attires (evt_data.pac) is also in WWE 2k14. This file can be decompressed in pac editor which is a free tool . I will suggest using the MASS EXTRACT function in pac editor to decompress all the component files and folders into one folder.

The file which needs to be modified is the 006B.5120 file in the DATA folder which you will obtain after the mass extract.

Here is a screenshot of the file.

You can see an entry for Hogan's 5th Attire 10942 which has a different entrance 412. 109 is the default entrance.

I haven't got 2k14 so I can't test anything but I believe the tutorial I posted will guide you in editing this file.

eYL7kAe.jpg

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Too Sweet 1

8 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Some of the data modifications are possible in last gen, though I can't say how far.

The file which manages  alternate entrance motions for alternate attires (evt_data.pac) is also in WWE 2k14. This file can be decompressed in pac editor which is a free tool . I will suggest using the MASS EXTRACT function in pac editor to decompress all the component files and folders into one folder.

The file which needs to be modified is the 006B.5120 file in the DATA folder which you will obtain after the mass extract.

You can see an entry for Hogan's 5th Attire 10942 which has a different entrance 412. 109 is the default entrance.

I haven't got 2k14 so I can't test anything but I believe the tutorial I posted will guide you in editing this file.

eYL7kAe.jpg

Yooo that's an awesome discovery!  This way, you can give guys like HBK & HHH their solo entrances as well as their DX entrances to match the attires!  Very cool find!

• Like 1

Wow! I'm blown away, thank you so much for your responses! I'm very excited about working on this now. I'll use your tutorial and see if I can't get this working on 2k14. If I do, I'll post my results and let you all know.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

eYL7kAe.jpg

Do you know if it's possible with entrance music and titantrons too? Actually I guess it has too, because HBK for example has for his second attire his DX theme and titantron, just don't know which file I would have to edit.

Ok so here's where I'm at:

I've successfully found the shirt object and texture for retro Hogan's 2K15 entrance. I'm going to test putting the 2K15 entrance into my game as is. Once that works, I'm going to make a copy of that entrance and change the logo on the front of the shirt object (from "Hulk Rules" to "Hulkamania") and then put that edited entrance into the game (what entrances i replace I have no idea yet). My questions from there are: does the presence of the shirt object eliminate the need of a shirt texture in the entrance attire? For example, if I used the 2K15 entrance with default WM6 Hogan, will he rip the shirt to find another identical shirt on underneath? And when it comes to Hogan's slot, I know it uses built-in Superstar Threads which makes it difficult to mod attires. How did the WL team handle that hurdle?

@Red Rooster

On 6/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, CAWs4Concern said:

Ok so here's where I'm at:

I've successfully found the shirt object and texture for retro Hogan's 2K15 entrance. I'm going to test putting the 2K15 entrance into my game as is. Once that works, I'm going to make a copy of that entrance and change the logo on the front of the shirt object (from "Hulk Rules" to "Hulkamania") and then put that edited entrance into the game (what entrances i replace I have no idea yet). My questions from there are: does the presence of the shirt object eliminate the need of a shirt texture in the entrance attire? For example, if I used the 2K15 entrance with default WM6 Hogan, will he rip the shirt to find another identical shirt on underneath? And when it comes to Hogan's slot, I know it uses built-in Superstar Threads which makes it difficult to mod attires. How did the WL team handle that hurdle?

@Red Rooster

We just avoided the slots that use SS threads and left them as they were originally.

OK now I'm a little stumped. I went snooping through 2k15 modern Hogan's 0fop file looking for the shirt object there. After looking at and around the offsets highlighted here:

and plenty of trial and error with different values (found an awful lot of other unrelated stuff haha), I came to the file that I thought was correct. I extracted it and got two dds files named very similarly to the dds files I found with retro Hogan's entrance object (t_shirt something or other) but when I open it in GIMP the texture is all... weird. It's this odd almost gradient of light purple with nothing on it (no logo). Is this an issue with GIMP? Or did I just pick the wrong object? I'll have another go at it when I get home tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone knew why that would be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I've got an update on my progress:

After reading up on everything I can find, I found out that the Hogan shirt rip entrance will only work when there's a particular object in the wrestler's pac file. This object will de-render at the correct time and be replaced in the animation by the entrance object. Otherwise he'll either come to the ring shirtless and one will spawn in the ring or he'll tear one shirt to find another identical shirt underneath.

I'm pretty sure I've discovered the jboy files that do this in 2k14 WM7 and Hollywood Hogan (and possibly Hollywood's boa, too) and I've found the entrance object for WM7 Hogan's shirt. What I'm going to try now is use WM7 Hogan's entrance PACH as a base to inject the Hogan entrance attires I want (huge shout out to the WL team for that), giving them all this object to see if it makes the entrance work properly. Then edit the entrance object's texture to coincide with the attires.

However, one thing I need help with is splicing the two Hogan entrances together (regular 2k14 Hogan up until the ring motion and then WM7) I looked at the modding wiki page to get a rough idea, and so I have the 00 and 0A files for both entrances, but I'm a complete novice at hex editing so I'm kind of confused with which bytes I need to work with. Once I figure that part out, I duplicate that entrance for each edited object and edit the evtdata.pac to give each attire the correct entrance.

• 1 month later...

Here's kind of a miscellaneous question I have: is it possible to move winning animations to another slot? Like if I wanted to move a character to a different slot, could I also move their winning animation? Or is that locked in and can't ever be changed?

Edit: Never mind, I found the answer. And this is why we use the search function before we post, boys and girls.

Edited by CAWs4Concern
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK so this is an odd problem I've come across: I was trying to add alt attires to Warrior, so I added the PACH files I wanted to Bundy's pac and named them the correct way (00025412, etc), then I added the attire data to the arc file. In the misc_dlc03.pac I noticed that Warrior has his own listing, so I updated that (instead of writing over Bundy's slot) and gave each attire a name. When I tested it to make sure the attires worked, the game recognized Warrior had the alt attires in the selection menu, so I know the misc pac edit worked fine. However, the 1st added attire showed up as (get this) Big Show in game (both entrance and match). The 2nd added attire caused a freeze at the pre-entrance loading screen. I haven't tested any others yet.

I replaced the default attire with his default base attire in 2K15 (non-DLC version). Outside of different coloration of the trunks and whatnot (orange trunks instead of white) that loaded fine in superstar threads. The next attires are all his DLC attires from 2K15 (I injected the 4E22 file into each as per the tutorial on here) and one from WL (RR 91). Like I said, what should be his "original" 2K15 DLC attire loads as Big Show during a match. And the next attire (WM 12) causes the game to crash.

What am I doing wrong?

Check the arc with a hex editor to make sure its not messed up, Big Show is 125 and Warrior is 254, if for some reason Warriors new attire in the arc says 000125412 then that extra 1 would make the game think it is a Big Show attire not a warrior attire, also recheck your PAC file and make sure the pach files are named correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out what I did wrong: when I was putting together the new pac file, I must have somehow extracted the completely wrong PACH because when I previewed the texture in xpacker it showed Big Show. So I reextracted and reinjected the correct attires and that fixed it. Then I realized when I played a match with Bundy that he had the wrong model, too (his was Macho Man, ch197 instead of Bundy, ch196). So now I'll reextract and reinject Bundy's model and that should fix it.