Tutorial to mod entrance effects

swipergod

Hello all. There have been a couple of tutorials scattered around about this topic, but there's some additional details that you might want to know to succeed at doing this mod. Shout out to @jakeypearce for his tutorial on 2KM that explains how to swap effects and to @squaredcirclefan for a deep dive into creating an entrance without overriding existing entrances. These two together helped to clarify this process, so I'm just organizing what they've already discovered.

Jakeypearce's tutorial

http://2kmodz.com/file/bc4868797857e6c40657f7f23aea628a

Squaredcirclefan's tutorial

I will cover a couple of things that can help you succeed in getting the lighting effect you want for your entrance. I'll do a complicated one that also comes with pyro and an easy one. Note that I have no idea how to split out pyro and add it to other lighting effect files, but hopefully someone does and can share. The main reason you'd want to do this is because doing an advanced entrance doesn't work for championships.

It's important to note that the majority of entrances use the effect file to tell them what lighting to use and what pyro. The gimmick and particles files work in tandem to create pyro effects (I believe the gimmick triggers the pyro and gives it sound, particles is the actual visual effect).

Here's the steps:

1. Grab an effect file from 2k16 any will do. I'll grab 103 (Undertaker). For Sid, we're going to need to create particle, gimmick and motion files, so you'll need to grab the 2k16 evt file, gmev file (gimmick) and pce file (particle) for 103 as well (lucky for me Undertaker has everything)

2. Figure out which entrance you want to change. So for this tutorial, I'm going to change both Scott Steiner and Sid. We're going to give Steiner blinking effects and Sid his Millenium Man entrance. So I'm using 383 (Authors of Pain) for Steiner and want to use the effects from "Intellectual Idol" which is 360. I'm only taking the effect file for 360 here. For Sid, it's more complicated, so I'll cover that after.

3. For Steiner, use pac editor to open the effect file for 360 (the effect you want to take) and uncompress the file. You will have a 0fop file that pops out.

qMrJ_Z87jA4DinQh4igiY_lSF0u4yalbTjdzSo_Z

4. Take 0fop file and jump into HxD. Head down to line 00000380 and the first to values are your entrance number. For Undertaker you'll see 0067.

ZwYOx0GeJ_lOIwwlMxav0chTlXg5BriZEp1wHRmM

For Steiner, you'll want to change the value to 017F (the 383 entrance we're using here). Once that's done, save the change.

5. Now open pac editor again and open up that 2k16 103 effect file. Inject as bpe the newly saved 0fop you edited.

Ox6CnwrdQM3tMV2g1n5hmy3AHpn5VrEB2ciVGWjI

6. Last thing you'll need to do is a rename for 103 container so that it's switched over to 383. Take the newly modded 2k16 103 effect file and pop it into HxD. Find the label for the file in the container (the eve1 label) and change the entrance number from 103 to 383 in the text section highlighted below.

lVj7DaXp2AVWE6aA2xkXKrewcrnkFiJ8F9UBJSkF

7. Save the change and rename the file from 00103.pac to 00383.pac. Dump it into your 2k19 effect file (replacing the original) and clear and rebuild the chunk file with CCT (I find entrances don't work if I don't do this).

**** SUPER IMPORTANT **** Don't mix and match files inside the containers from different years. For example, if you're using 2k19 effects, don't use 2k16 gimmicks. Sometimes it will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll get dim lighting or game crashes.

For Sid, you'll do the same steps, but since we're creating a new entrance that doesn't exist in game, you'll have to do this for each file. We'll be replacing the effect with Undertaker's 2k19 entrance. 

8. Follow all the steps above to import the 103 effects from 2k19 to the 2k16 103 effect file and renumber it to 410 (or whatever new evt you want to create.

9. With the effect file out of the way, we have to work on the gimmick and particle files. Extract both bpe files from the 2k19 files using pac editor. Do not uncompress. Just extract. 

10. Open the 2k16 files in pac editor (one at a time) and inject the bpe (use just "inject" and not "inject as bpe").

11. Once you've injected into both 2k16 containers, throw them into HxD and find and replace the 103 entrance number in the text section as (same as step 6 but for these files). Follow the same renaming principle as step 7 changing the number (gmev0103.pac to gmev0410.pac and pce60103.pac to pce60410.pac)

12. With everything else done, you need to port Strowman's 2K18 entrance. Same as before, we're extracting files and then injecting them into the 2k16 container for evt. the smaller file is the evz file should just be an extract, while the evp (the smaller file) should be an uncompress.

13. You'll have to use HxD to go into the 0fop and change 2 numbers. One is a hex value and the other is the number value. 0067 to 019A and 0103 to 0410 (see below).

luVSyiSzOT-upiGC-Xe0kmMjLVD4ZZS9Qqu--ua1

14. Now open up the 2k16 evt file and inject as bpe the evp file you just changed and plain inject the evz bpe you didn't modify.

15. Lastly, change the 2k16 evt file in HxD to replace the 103 text for each file (the evz and evp) to 410 and save. Rename the modified evt file to 410.

16. Insert all the newly modifiied files into their respective folders in 2k19. evt, effect, gimmick and particle. clear the chunk and regenerate the chunk with CCT. 

**** IMPORTANT PT 2 **** Do not try to inject files back into 2k19 containers (i.e. use 2k16 00103.pac not 2k19's). You have to renumber containers and the 2 0fop files and you can't renumber ones in 2k19.

Voila all. 2 new entrances mods with new effects. Here's what it should look like (Scott Steiner mod by @tekken57)

Edited by swipergod
  • Like 4
  • Glorious 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, bears831 said:

quick question so is it possible to add a monochrome effect filter to scott hall and kevin nash entrance just like hollywoood hogan has without going into advance ceations ingame?

Hi,

Yes its possible. The effect files can be modified to display a monochrome effect and its possible to determine the time frame  when the monochrome effect switches back to the standard colour lighting.

2 hours ago, bears831 said:

How would i be able to go about doing this? any tutorials?

You will need to follow the steps outlined in the tutorial above to extract the 0fop for the entrance effect file using pac editor. Here is a screenshot of the 0fop  file for Kevin Nash entrance effect 395.

scroll down to offset row 380 and change the 1A I have highlighted to 06.

Save and  reinject the 0fop file back into the effect file using the INJECT AS BPE function.

lx4hhaE.jpg

• Too Sweet 1

Hi @squaredcirclefan,

Have you tested that utility I shared. I have made another change and after that the pieces are just read to be injected, no further change required in this part. But currently testing it and will do it as time allow. You still have to find a suitable Pof0 though ;)

23 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

You will need to follow the steps outlined in the tutorial above to extract the 0fop for the entrance effect file using pac editor. Here is a screenshot of the 0fop  file for Kevin Nash entrance effect 395.

scroll down to offset row 380 and change the 1A I have highlighted to 06.

Save and  reinject the 0fop file back into the effect file using the INJECT AS BPE function.

lx4hhaE.jpg

one more question what controls the timing in the intro of the entance? let say i want nash to have a 10 sec delay before he comes out.

and also how can i time the effect? lets say i want the monochrome effect to start and stop at a certain point in the entrance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bears831 said:

one more question what controls the timing in the intro of the entance? let say i want nash to have a 10 sec delay before he comes out.

and also how can i time the effect? lets say i want the monochrome effect to start and stop at a certain point in the entrance

Hi,

Every intro segment of the entrance motions have varying lengths. I don't know which bytes control the length timings but the only practical way I know is replacing all the data for the intro segment for Kevin Nash entrance with that of an entrance with a longer intro.

Regarding the light timings , I have taken a screenshots to explain .

sMeD7kg.jpg

You will see in offset row 380 I have added the bytes 14 01 47.

The first byte 14 is the stage of the motion while the 01 47 is the time frame in that stage of the motion.

Each entrance has five stages

00  is the intro section

05 is the stage section

0A  (10) is the ramp section

0F (15)  is the ring-in section

14 (20) is the ring section

What that line reads is, at a certain point in the ring segment , disable the monochrome filter.  If you want the filter disabled at a further point, you can adjust the 01 47 to maybe 01 70.

In this screenshot, I have added the bytes 0A 01 25. The 0A is the ramp section of the entrance. The 01 25 is the timeframe in the ramp entrance.

What will happen here is the monochrome filter will be enabled at some point when the wrestler walks across the ramp and will be disabled at some point when he is in the ring.

kBn8n1j.jpg

• 6 months later...

ok thanks. one last question

so I have undertakers theme with gong also his gfx sync with gong. now what I'm trying to do is get his entrance to have a longer intro motion in his entrance. the only motion that fits is Shawn Michaels dx intro. is there a way to have the setup without using advance creation as

intro Shawn Michaels dx

stage undertaker

ramp undertaker

ring undertaker

with all of undertakers effects ?

12 minutes ago, bears831 said:

ok thanks. one last question

so I have undertakers theme with gong also his gfx sync with gong. now what I'm trying to do is get his entrance to have a longer intro motion in his entrance. the only motion that fits is Shawn Michaels dx intro. is there a way to have the setup without using advance creation as

intro Shawn Michaels dx

stage undertaker

ramp undertaker

ring undertaker

with all of undertakers effects ?

Hi, it’s possible though hex editing Taker’s entrance file. I can modify the file and send it to you.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

13 minutes ago, bears831 said:

you want me to send you files or your using what you have?

Hi, No need to. I will Use the Undertaker entrance file in the game.

4 hours ago, bears831 said:

it fit perfectly bro you da man. you mind if i upload to 2km along my with gfx and gong theme?

Hi,

I don’t mind. I wouldn’t add it to the entrances pack .