Replacing Royal Rumble JoJo Intro

TTownTiger

I see the Royal Rumble Intro file located in ra_m.pck. I've replaced that file with a Howard Finkel WEM, but JoJo's intro still plays in game. Is there another file that has to be replaced? I didn't see another file identified by Sound Editor as being Royal Rumble related in any of the other folders. 

I actualy found 3 audio files in the ra_m.pck file that are the "intro" (if we talk about where JoJo's explains the rules?)

I give you the ID and the Offset to helpyou to indentify which I mean

1. ID 123316810

Offset: 00003D5C

2. ID 329291511

Offset: 0000A120

3. ID: 966973579

Offset: 0001D554

There are also more than one file for just the phrase "the following contest is the Royal Rumble match!"

let me know if you also need help to identyfy them.

And by the way: Howard Finkel Sound files are requested! It would be much appreciated if you can share them!

I might start to work on some sort of Howard Finkel "Audio mods" for Golden Era/Pre Attitude Era mods.

Just can't say when I have the time to do that.

There was a larger Howard Finkel Audio mod project, but it looks that it was abandoned. IDK if the people who start it will continue.

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

Yes, the Royal Rumble rules explanation is what I was trying to replace. 

ID 100801200 (offset 0000312C) was identified by Sound Editor as being the royal rumble intro, so that was the only file i had looked into changing.

I'll look into the other files you mentioned. Ill start replacing them one by one and see if any of them work.

Unless anyone lurking this thread already has the answer and wants to help eliminate a lot of trial and error for me. That would be greatly appreciated, haha!

Did the Fink project thread address the royal rumble intro files before stopping? I'll check there too.

Thanks

Edited by TTownTiger

Did my suggestion work?

Regarding that Project: Share Fink Audio files, the people here would appreciate, including myself, I guarantee you that! :)

Because without sources no one would work on something, to begin with.

I added a Finkel wem file to each of the audio files you mentioned,  but none of them worked. Jojo's introduction still plays in game.  I put this project to the side for now while I am still adding other mods, so I havent looked at it much further. 

The audio files I am using are from the 1989 Rumble. Link below

1989 Royal Rumble Intro 

Edit:  Included the MP3 and wem files. The shorter version is just Fink's "Ladies & Gentlemen, it is now time for the Royal Rumble."  Longer file is the entire intro from '89.  Gorilla Monsoon talks a little during this intro which some may not like. 

Edited by TTownTiger
  • Like 2

Sad that so far nothing worked, but one question: Have you used the CCT or WrestlePlus to regenerate the chunk0.def before you started the gane, after injectong the file? IDK if it's needed with audio files, but it's a process I alway to after I changed anything within the game.

I hope we will find a solution soon. Because my future goal is also to include Finks voice.

And thanks for sharing the file! Would be awesome if you habe more audio files you would like to share! 🙂

Edited by noobmodder

On 5/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, noobmodder said:

I actualy found 3 audio files in the ra_m.pck file that are the "intro" (if we talk about where JoJo's explains the rules?)

I give you the ID and the Offset to helpyou to indentify which I mean

1. ID 123316810

Offset: 00003D5C

2. ID 329291511

Offset: 0000A120

3. ID: 966973579

Offset: 0001D554

There are also more than one file for just the phrase "the following contest is the Royal Rumble match!"

let me know if you also need help to identyfy them.

And by the way: Howard Finkel Sound files are requested! It would be much appreciated if you can share them!

I might start to work on some sort of Howard Finkel "Audio mods" for Golden Era/Pre Attitude Era mods.

Just can't say when I have the time to do that.

There was a larger Howard Finkel Audio mod project, but it looks that it was abandoned. IDK if the people who start it will continue.

If you are able to get this mod done you are my hero and will have a donation for sure if you want!

I would be so happy if there would just be a finkel voice for the Rumble und the title matches/changes (and new Champion etc...)

• Like 1

I would not do it for donations. I don't blame anyone who  takes donations, specially those who provide us with all those free modding tools and with great mods. But I do it because I want to have that myselfs and I would like to share it. Because this community is small an it onöy works if everyone shares soemthing. Regardless if it's knowledge or an adice, a data base, an audio file, tools or a ready to use mod.

I can't promise if I will be able to do it and if how the result will be.  Because not only that (good ans usable) Howard Finkel  audio files are hard to find, modding WWE2k19 can be difficult, evem with having support.

• Like 1
  • Glorious 1