Possible to add names to 2k19 string sheet?

eplate2

Is there any way to add Mustafa Saed to the 2k19 string sheet? His name unfortunately is not there and I have his CH but would like his pofo to work.

Also need:

J.C. Ice 

Anthony Durante

Gary Wolfe

Robbie Rage

Edited by eplate2

I don't think the Super String is being actively updated still ( @squaredcirclefan has a modified version with the 2k20 animation Strings in his Animation Port pack, but other than that I don't think there have been any proper updates in a long while).

That said you can edit your string_win.pac file yourself (with WrestleMinus or a Hex Editor). Replace some of the "EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED" fields with your desired names and assign the hex code for that field in your .pofo with Data Editor. You should be able to find guides on how to do this around the forum.
On a side note, with the Pitbulls you could also try to replace the Pitbull #1 and Pitbull #2 strings with their names.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I don't think the Super String is being actively updated still ( @squaredcirclefan has a modified version with the 2k20 animation Strings in his Animation Port pack, but other than that I don't think there have been any proper updates in a long while).

That said you can edit your string_win.pac file yourself (with WrestleMinus or a Hex Editor). Replace some of the "EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED" fields with your desired names and assign the hex code for that field in your .pofo with Data Editor. You should be able to find guides on how to do this around the forum.
On a side note, with the Pitbulls you could also try to replace the Pitbull #1 and Pitbull #2 strings with their names.

honestly im so lost with stuff like that it worries me to change things. i haven't used either wrestleminus or hex editor at all

Hi @eplate2

Regarding the names you want to add to the string. You will need to use wrestleminus as its probably the easiest way.

You need to open the string_win.pac file in the mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder in wrestleminus. Highlight the first 0000000 as shown in the screenshot then click on the string viewer tab.

VsQaRYq.jpg

You can scroll to the ID's listed in this screenshot since they are unused. Scroll down to the HEXREF row 5E90 double click and clear the string value "5E90 EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED.." AND add the name to the blank string space.

You can do the same using 5E91, 5E92 5E93 and 5E94 .

After making the changes , click on SAVE CHANGES.

NpahniS.jpg

Now on to the question about the Repoman string. It seems you are using a downloaded custom string with additional names in @DFM85 's pofo and moveset file thread.

The string name Mansoor is not included in the original superstring file but was added in that file.

On searching  for the name MANSOOR, you will discover 2 entries as shown in the screenshot below.

The  2nd ID 5B6D , is the ID assigned to the string name REPO MAN in the original superstring file. It may have been mistakenly renamed to MANSOOR in error. You can just edit the name and replace with REPO MAN. Click on SAVE CHANGES. 

That's all .

PgnK49v.jpg

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Glorious 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 7:30 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi @eplate2

Regarding the names you want to add to the string. You will need to use wrestleminus as its probably the easiest way.

You need to open the string_win.pac file in the mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder in wrestleminus. Highlight the first 0000000 as shown in the screenshot then click on the string viewer tab.

VsQaRYq.jpg

You can scroll to the ID's listed in this screenshot since they are unused. Scroll down to the HEXREF row 5E90 double click and clear the string value "5E90 EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED.." AND add the name to the blank string space.

NpahniS.jpg

Now on to the question about the Repoman string. It seems you are using a downloaded custom string with additional names in @DFM85 's pofo and moveset file thread.

The string name Mansoor is not included in the original superstring file but was added in that file.

On searching  for the name MANSOOR, you will discover 2 entries as shown in the screenshot below.

The  2nd ID 5B6D , is the ID assigned to the string name REPO MAN in the original superstring file. It may have been mistakenly renamed to MANSOOR in error. You can just edit the name and replace with REPO MAN. Click on SAVE CHANGES. 

That's all .

PgnK49v.jpg

Thanks for typing this out - I have just downloaded WrestleMinus and have begun attempting this.

For some reason though, I don't see any 00000000 file on the left - here is what I see...

bpf5opG.jpg

On 5/26/2020 at 12:25 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

@eplate2 , you need to click on the 97ED1B...…….

Whenever I add names using WrestleMinus, I get some "??" floating around. [e.g. press ?? to continue, ?? universe)

I mean, all icons appear as "??"

Why is this happening? plz help me. I want to edit the string file T.T

Edited by saedaegari

I always though if it is also possible to create a wrestler with the name you want, copy his name info from the new caw pofo via Data Editor and paste it into the pofo of your new mod?

Maybe i´ll try that out soon

7 hours ago, SwitchedHazuki said:

I always though if it is also possible to create a wrestler with the name you want, copy his name info from the new caw pofo via Data Editor and paste it into the pofo of your new mod?

Maybe i´ll try that out soon

Hi. No that will not work. The game engine handles names for CAW ‘s and character model names differently. 
CAW names are stored in memory while character model names are referenced in the string file which also holds data for all the text you see in the game’s menu.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi. No that will not work. The game engine handles names for CAW ‘s and character model names differently. 
CAW names are stored in memory while character model names are referenced in the string file which also holds data for all the text you see in the game’s menu.

Hi, How to delete the upper left corner of the entrance's #RAW? #RAW's String is 223A9.(The corresponding Arena is the original RAW 13-14. Because i used RAW '02 Arena MOD Replaced Default RAW '13-14 Arena,But the upper left corner still shows #RAW,Need to be deleted. And let the modern version of RAW still display #RAW. What should I do?

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, SnakeSlippers said:

Sorry late to the party just found this thread. My changes won't save. I changed it, saved changes. But still says String to be filled whatever in game. 

Hi. Can I ask what language you use in the game’s menu?

3 minutes ago, SnakeSlippers said:

English.

Are you editing the string_win.pac file in the pac\string\win folder or the superstring in the mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder? The file in the mods folder is what the game will read.

The file inside the pac you are ediiting should be the 0000 inside the file beginning with 97..........

One other thing is, you mioght have a copy of the string file in another folder apart from the two mentioned which is being read by the game.

3 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Are you editing the string_win.pac file in the pac\string\win folder or the superstring in the mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder? The file in the mods folder is what the game will read.

The file inside the pac you are ediiting should be the 0000 inside the file beginning with 97..........

One other thing is, you mioght have a copy of the string file in another folder apart from the two mentioned which is being read by the game.

Ah dam I knew it was something I was overlooking. I do have 2 superstrings. I was editing the one in the CH folder but not the one in the mods folder. I'll test when I get home see if that works. Thank you.

One more question to sneak in real quick. Do you know which superstring is the most updated one? 

I use the one for the ported entrances and moves from DFM85. Is that one the most updated?

Edited by SnakeSlippers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SnakeSlippers said:

Ah dam I knew it was something I was overlooking. I do have 2 superstrings. I was editing the one in the CH folder but not the one in the mods folder. I'll test when I get home see if that works. Thank you.

One more question to sneak in real quick. Do you know which superstring is the most updated one? 

I use the one for the ported entrances and moves. Is that one the most updated?

There is a string file in the ported entrances pack. The additions to the file are the string names for the entrances. You can use that and add your names to it.

3 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

There is a string file in the ported entrances pack. The additions to the file are the string names for the entrances. You can use that and add your names to it.

Alright thanks. And I should put that superstring into both those folders and only have to edit the one in the mods folder? Correct?

I guess if I only have to edit the one in mods folder, I should just replace the one in CH folder with the original again.

Edited by SnakeSlippers

1 hour ago, SnakeSlippers said:

Alright thanks. And I should put that superstring into both those folders and only have to edit the one in the mods folder? Correct?

I guess if I only have to edit the one in mods folder, I should just replace the one in CH folder with the original again.

yes you only have to edit the string in the mods folder. You can keep the original in the pac\string\win folder.

22 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

yes you only have to edit the string in the mods folder. You can keep the original in the pac\string\win folder.

Well I tried it out and it works. Thank you very much. Changing this was way easier then I thought it would be. Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:30 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi @eplate2

VsQaRYq.jpg

NpahniS.jpg

That's all .

PgnK49v.jpg

Hello, thanks for the tuto.

Everytime I try to change a name it will show always "5E90 EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED" in game.

I did everything as you explained ( saved after changes ) but the name I change doesn't appear in game  :(

Can you help me?

Thanks

Edited by rockarollo

7 hours ago, rockarollo said:

Hello, thanks for the tuto.

Everytime I try to change a name it will show always "5E90 EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED" in game.

I did everything as you explained ( saved after changes ) but the name I change doesn't appear in game  :(

Can you help me?

Thanks

Hi. Are you using English as your menu language ? 

3 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi. Are you using English as your menu language ? 

Hello, no, it's in italian, my native lang

It works in english. Is there a way to make it working with another lang?

-----------------------------------------

Solved, needed to edit second line that starts with 14

Cheers

Edited by rockarollo

• 2 weeks later...