TUTORIAL: Setting a custom arena for Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber matches

BlindedByTheGrace

As promised, here is a tutorial on modifying the misc01_start_p30.pac file to enable you set a different arena for the Royal Rumble match.

First its important I state the restrictions set by the developers for the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber matches.

1. In Exhibition mode, The 10 man, 20 man and 30 man Royal Rumble matches  are always played in the Royal Rumble arena. This can't be changed in the game's menu

2. Elimination Chamber matches are always played in the elimination chamber arena. This can't be changed in the game's menu

3. In Universe mode, the same applies in both cases. Even if you set a different arena or custom CAA arena in the universe mode show editor, the Royal Rumble and Elimination chamber match itself will still be played in the default arenas even though other matches on the card are played in the selected arena.

Now lets see why this is the case. You will need to open the misc01_start_p30.pac file in pac editor, (please back up this file as it also stores the alternate attire data for your mods).

If you have a MODS folder in your 2k19 folder installed through CCT, you will need to modify the file  in the WWE 2K19\mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root folder, not the file in the 2k19\pac\root folder.

Double click on the file name in the window and extract the 0008.data file . 

2. Open the file in HxD . You will need to search for the string ID for Royal Rumble (1FBD7) You will need to flip the bytes. You need to search for FB D7 01.

The data marked in this offset row 0003620 is what you need to locate.

The three 02 00 00 00 0D entries are for the 10, 20 man and 30 man Royal Rumble events. The OD is the arena ID in hex  which is set to override any selection in the game

IDZPyjw.jpg

The Royal Rumble arena is arena 13 in the game which is 0D in hex. If you look in the screenshot below from @hovathagod32's arena spreadsheet, you will see The Royal Rumble is  arena 13. You will notice the Elimination Chamber arena is arena 21. 21 converted to hex is 15.

kcLT8i6.jpg

Here are the changes you need to make 

1 Modifying the 1st 02 00 00 00 0D will change the set are for the 10 man Royal Rumble only, the second 02 00 00 00 0D for the 20 man Rumble and the 3rd 02 00 00 00 0D for the 30 man Rumble. With this, you can have 3 different setups for the Royal Rumble mode.

2. If the 0D is changed to 00, the Rumble match will take place in the Smackdown arena which is arena 0 . if changed to 01 it will be played in the RAW arena, If you want to change it to the Main event arena, you need to look up the Arena ID or look up the arena entrance ID no, convert this number to hex and place it there. The Main event arena ID is 17 (11 in Hex). You will replace 0D with 11.

3. If you don't want the game to set an arena as ive done in the mod I porsted, you will need to change the 02 00 00 00 0D to 01 00 00 00 00 .This will toggle random arenas in Exhibition and enable you play with the arena you select in Universe mode. If you want to play the 20 man or 30 man Rumble matches in any selected Universe mode arena, then set the values for those arenas to  01 00 00 00 00 .

Lets move on to the elimination chamber. Its the same process. Here you need to search for  1F FC 01 (String ID for the Elimination chamber) and locate the data as shown. You will see it's set to 15 which is the hex value for 21 (Elimination chamber is arena 21)

6wpGM8K.jpg

Going by the same procedure as the Royal Rumble, If you want to set the match to play in a particular arena , you need to replace 15 with the ID of that arena in Hex. If you want to play in any selected arena in universe mode, you will need to change it to the 05 00 00 00  15  to 01 00 00 00 00.

Save after making the changes and inject back into the misc01_start_p30.pac file.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 7
  • Too Sweet 1

46 minutes ago, noobmodder said:

Awesome! Would this also work for a self created Arena? If so, how?

If it's a created arena in the game (CAA) or a community creations arena, it will only work if the arena is assigned to a show and selected in Universe mode but not in Exhibition.

sorry i just wana clarify if u make it the 01 00 00 00 00 u can select the arena in universe but in expedition its random? just wanna make sure im understanding correctly

1 hour ago, charger_fan_07 said:

sorry i just wana clarify if u make it the 01 00 00 00 00 u can select the arena in universe but in expedition its random? just wanna make sure im understanding correctly

Yes that's correct. This is just like In a normal exhibition mode match where the game engine randomly selects an arena until we change it so what we want. 

The menu structure and gfx hasn't got a select arena option for the Royal Rumble. This is why the option doesn't show up.

11 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

If it's a created arena in the game (CAA) or a community creations arena, it will only work if the arena is assigned to a show and selected in Universe mode but not in Exhibition.

Ok, but you explain it with the Arena ID's and in that sheet I don't find an ID for any CAA. So IDK how I adapt your instruction for a CAA.

Maybe I think too complicated?

20 minutes ago, noobmodder said:

Ok, but you explain it with the Arena ID's and in that sheet I don't find an ID for any CAA. So IDK how I adapt your instruction for a CAA.

Maybe I think too complicated?

CAA Arena's don't have ID 's the game reads from the misc02 file, so the game will not toggle those arenas in Exhibition mode. The game handles those arenas differently. Created arenas are not listed in the misc file which the game reads for random arena selection in Exhibition mode.

In Universe mode, when you edit a show or create a custom show/PPV, you will need to select the Custom Arena in the arena select option in the create show editor. For instance if I edited the Royal Rumble PPV in Universe mode and I changed the arena to a custom arena, that arena will be used for the Royal Rumble match.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just changed all 3 to 01 00 00 00 00 but it still shows the royal rumble arena in exhibition mode?

On 5/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

If you want to play the 20 man or 30 man Rumble matches in any selected Universe mode arena, then set the values for those arenas to  01 00 00 00 00 .

also, pls explain this part once more

16 hours ago, Imadulmulk said:

I just changed all 3 to 01 00 00 00 00 but it still shows the royal rumble arena in exhibition mode?

also, pls explain this part once more

Hi,

You have done the correct thing. You will need to ensure the misc01_start_p30,pac file you have edited is the file in  the WWE 2K19\mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root folder.

Setting the value to 01 00 00 00 00 will enable you play the Royal Rumble match in any other custom arena you select as the Royal Rumble arena in create show mode. 

For instance if you select a different arena for the Royal Rumble show by default, the 20 or 30 man Royal Rumble matches will still hold in The Royal Rumble arena. Changes those bytes will make the matches hold in your selected arena.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Yes! 1

8 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

damn I am a blithering idiot. I edited the file in the pac/root folder instead of the one in mods lmfao thanks man

I had to update the tutorial . I realise I did not mention the misc01_start_p30.pac  file in the mods folder is the file to modified.

• Like 1

all good brother. Just a question, can we have tournament matches in the universe mode? I tried to select it but it was greyed out

edit: forgot to mention when a modded wrestler gets eliminated from the royal rumble, jojo says a competitor has been eliminated. Is it possible to replace that with their names too?

Edited by Imadulmulk

2 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

all good brother. Just a question, can we have tournament matches in the universe mode? I tried to select it but it was greyed out

edit: forgot to mention when a modded wrestler gets eliminated from the royal rumble, jojo says a competitor has been eliminated. Is it possible to replace that with their names too?

Hi,

No unfortunately tournament matches don't work in Universe mod. That option last worked in WWE 2k16 but didn't seem to be much use as it wasn't implemented properly.

There is a separate audio for the HAS BEEN ELIMINATED in the patch_day1-dialogue.pck  file. However the data we use for the removed 2k18 superstars doesn't include the HAS BEEN ELIMINATED audio which is why it doesn't work for modded superstars. The only removed superstar with HAS BEEN ELIMINATED audio Ive seen so far is Tommaso Ciampa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Imadulmulk said:

OK so you're saying there is no extra leftover audio of "has been eliminated" in 2k19 that we can use for modded wrestlers?

All the ring announcer audio files for any superstar are linked to the same ring announcer ID.

What happens is, when the "has been eliminated"  audio isn't in the file, the game defaults to the generic A COMPETITOR HAS BEEN ELIMINATED  audio

1 hour ago, Imadulmulk said:

OK thanks. How do I enable pinfall or submission in a royal rumble match? What I wanna do is create a gauntlet match

Needs some modifications to the misc file but that mod doesn't work properly.

First it disables some of the royal rumble match attributes .It now turns into a sort of 8 man Rumble match with pin or submission or both. The victory motion will also not work.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:16 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

On 1/11/2021 at 8:21 PM, squaredcirclefan said:

Needs some modifications to the misc file but that mod doesn't work properly.

First it disables some of the royal rumble match attributes .It now turns into a sort of 8 man Rumble match with pin or submission or both. The victory motion will also not work.

Ohhhh so what way do we have to make a gauntlet match?