Help with editing strings

jvitorsantos05

• 5 months later...

RR, 

Would you mind watching this short video of my string edit process? I’m editing the string in dlc 5 and trying to follow your old tutorial as best I can, but still no luck. Maybe you can spot an error I’m making. Thanks!

Ok the problem is you injected the bak file you need to inject the 0000.pac file, the .bak file is the backup that Xpacker made when you changed a string.

The .bak file is the 0000 file before you made the changes.

• Too Sweet 1

12 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Ok the problem is you injected the bak file you need to inject the 0000.pac file, the .bak file is the backup that Xpacker made when you changed a string.

The .bak file is the 0000 file before you made the changes.

Thanks for getting back with me. So, I went through it meticulously and made sure it inject the 0000.pac file. But when I get to the last step, which is injecting the 5000.pac back into the 5000 file, it always gives me this error:

W38V2Jyi_o.png

If I remember correctly, I think you have to inject into a fresh version of the string_dlc05.pac to avoid that problem, if you try to inject 5000.pac into a string file that has already been edited you will get that error.

If you are using the sting_dlc05 from Wrestling Legends you will get that error.

My Xpacker isnt working at the moment (I updated Windows 10 to 2004 and now it needs reactivation) but I think this is a fresh copy of string_dlc05.pac but I cant test it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rj1lwdpqihcfmgt/string_dlc05.pac/file

Make several copies of it so you always have a fresh one to inject into.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

If I remember correctly, I think you have to inject into a fresh version of the string_dlc05.pac to avoid that problem, if you try to inject 5000.pac into a string file that has already been edited you will get that error.

If you are using the sting_dlc05 from Wrestling Legends you will get that error.

My Xpacker isnt working at the moment (I updated Windows 10 to 2004 and now it needs reactivation) but I think this is a fresh copy of string_dlc05.pac but I cant test it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rj1lwdpqihcfmgt/string_dlc05.pac/file

Make several copies of it so you always have a fresh one to inject into.

Let me see if I get this straight....first I edit the string_dlc05 from WL because it has all the previously edited stuff in it. Then I make my changes. And then THAT'S when I inject into a fresh string, correct? Is that the last step in X-Packer or back in LeFluffie? Am I replacing the string_dlc05 file in LeFluffie with a fresh one and THEN injecting my edited string into that? Just trying to make sure I'm figuring out when to use the fresh one. 

I don't believe the linked string_dlc05 you sent was fresh, as it appeared to have WL stuff in it, as best I could tell. But thanks! If you are able to find a fresh one, that'd be awesome! I'm so close to figuring this out man....so close!

Did you try injecting into the string_dlc05 that I linked?

I cant test it because as I said I have no Xpacker at the moment.

The process is simple

1) Extract string_dlc05.pac from WL

2) Extract 5000.pac

3) Extract 0000.pac

4) Make changes to the 0000.pac in XPacker

5) inject 0000 back into 5000.pac

6)Inject 5000.pac into a FRESH copy of string_dlc05.pac

7)Inject string_dlc05 back into your DLC file using Le Fluffie

Edit : Ok just in case the other one I linked didnt work I dug out my old PC and found the "magic" string_dlc05 that I used making WL for some reason it always works, I never figured out why. Here you go :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2i71qvsh1hjwid/string_dlc05magic_string_file.pac/file

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

Did you try injecting into the string_dlc05 that I linked?

I cant test it because as I said I have no Xpacker at the moment.

The process is simple

1) Extract string_dlc05.pac from WL

2) Extract 5000.pac

3) Extract 0000.pac

4) Make changes to the 0000.pac in XPacker

5) inject 0000 back into 5000.pac

6)Inject 5000.pac into a FRESH copy of string_dlc05.pac

7)Inject string_dlc05 back into your DLC file using Le Fluffie

Edit : Ok just in case the other one I linked didnt work I dug out my old PC and found the "magic" string_dlc05 that I used making WL for some reason it always works, I never figured out why. Here you go :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2i71qvsh1hjwid/string_dlc05magic_string_file.pac/file

IT WORKED!!!!!  Bro, can't thank you enough. Seriously. 

That magic string file really is magic. It did the trick. 

Thank you!! 

5WZr0acQ_o.jpeg

• Like 3