Help with textures

chrispunx

Hey guys, I'm trying to make some CAWS from some of the local Indy Scene and I can't seem to make a good face texture. I'm using GIMP and I'm looking for advice. It always seems to come out bright, like it was taken with a flash. I don't know what to do to correct this. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I don't have any to share at the moment. When they don't look good in game I just trash them. I tried to follow Defracts video. I use his face templates and try to blend the two, his template and the face I'm trying to make, to no avail. Also I don't know how to post a picture on here. Sorry I'm of no help at the moment.

Also what are some good forums to peruse? I remember you from WLF. That looks pretty defunct now.

Wlf moved to discord. 

It's just here caws.ws and cawmunity cre8tions has a site that's good as well.

Without seeing an image it is difficult to offer further advice.

This is probably one of the better versions I've done. It still doesn't look good when i apply it to try to improve the base model that I have at the moment. I know the Defract skin can be matched better.

Edited by chrispunx

@chrispunx I would suggest Using Affinity Photo For PC I use that for my face Textures when I use to make them I have a lot of Face textures  Undertaker CM Punk etc. 

As a Example Here's Kenny Omega. blob?bcid=SJK3i0lQxScBvw

I'm trying to get to that. But I have no clue. As mentioned I watched Defracts video. A lot of the videos I see are for older games. How much of a difference is it from game to game? Or is it the same concept for making textures?

It is different from game to Game a example would be say if you use Owen Harts Face texture from Legends of Wresting and applied to a CAW in 2K20 it would probably look blurry But if you applied it to a CAW in 2K19 it would look exactly like Owen Hart with some Face Morphing of course I know this Because I made a Damn Good looking Owen Hart From Backlash 1998 if your referring to Applying Face textures it can vary depending How your texture looks the lighting of it Contrast Brightness etc.

It can be the same concept if you Want to make Face textures

yes it can be trial and error You might have to try improveing Your face texture or Face textures if you want them to look Accurate and good on Your CAWs I have a lot of experience with making CAWs so I have had a few Errors but I managed to Make some Pretty damn Good CAWs.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:54 PM, chrispunx said:

So more or less for 2K20 its going to be trial an error? I'm trying to become an ok CAW maker. I'm starting out with the local Indy guys and gals. 

Ok since I'm not able to create I might make a tutorial later on. Defract touches on how to make it but doesn't get into things most people don't think about when applying them to in game. For 2k20 it seems that you have to go at least 2 to 3 shades darker than you would on 2k19. It really is trial an error from testing. Some thing one can't do much since the server on 2k21 suck. I can't get textures through so I finally gave up.

It really all has to do with the lighting on the game, and to be 100% honest that changes with all the games. So next year the lighting will be different and the texture will have to be adjusted again. So it's always good to save a master. That way when it comes to adjusting it to each game you don't get a mess from having to save it and resave it. Contrast adjustments can mess with skin tones purity on the resolution.

You also have to learn how to get rid of that shadow on the face. It works for picture still but looks bad ingame.
As an example I'll use a cody I did. See how cody face looks like...
74468567_1088027054737204_36015243175919

Depending on how bad the lighting is the caws can look really bad as an example I had to find this Moxley on the web.
What could be a decent caw gets ruined by not removing lighting on the texture faces.
gfJu6jCokF4W5KXXtBauWk.jpg

I'm giving you this tips because you said you want to get good.

Edited by omega sentry

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Omega. I feel like I have a grasp, but don't at the same time. I'm not good at adjusting contrast, hue, saturation or brightness levels. I'm also not sure on how much of the face layer to erase/blend into the face template underneath. 

Can anyone help me with a Chris Masters texture? I posted in discussion but im new here and im not really sure how to use anything on this site, i can upload the image to community creations under RedSkinnedSavage but id need help/a walkthrough on how to do that, or i can email the image separately  

@GamingNinja86 is there a way we can communicate other than this? Im not getting notifications but im willing to see what you got for textures, im having a hard time with downloading superstars and arenas so ive just decided to create them from scratch, id love to see what you got for textures bro

• 2 weeks later...