Alternative solution for the "Can't select customized/own arenas, if I use the 2k88 mod"

noobmodder

Hello everyone!

As we all know @JManny has created that really awesome aren mod "2k88".

https://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/71031-2k88-mods-70-classic-arenas-patch-2-available-now/

However ifyou install it any self created arena/show is greyed out (not selectable) if you like to use it for an exhibition match.

In the mods thread there is some "copy/duplicate"-solution (sorry for that very short and bad explenation of that solution!)

But that didn't work for me.

It came to my attention that that bug/issue is somehow caused by the misc01_start.pac file of the 2k88 mod. (you find the file in pac/root)

But you need that file, if not your wrestler will hover over the floor, instead of walking on it.

Somehow I had the idea to use a misc01_start.pac file from another mod, which is the Goldern Era  Arena Mod that @WhereTheFdidTheEgo created.

https://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/70699-get-the-f-back-in-2k19-patch-2-available-now-full-arena-conversion-mod1998-2003preview-pics-on-pages-4-6-also-golden-era-arena-universe-mod-v10wwf-championship-beltsthe-younger-taker-collection2k16-portsother-wrestler-mods/

(You have to scroll down a bit in the opening post to find the download link)

And it worked!

However I stress out that this helps to use your own arena while using the 2k88 mod.

But it seems that it's no a perfect solution, because your wrestler might not hover anymore over the floor, BUT he might glichth through a ramp, if an arena has such!

I still hope this is a help for people who have thes ame problem I had!

Edited by noobmodder
added info
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 11:01 AM, motishow said:

which is the mod thread with  "copy/duplicate"-solution ?

It was referring to me when I mention in the 2K88 thread to copy the greyed CAA & making a duplicate of them but that didnt work 100% all the time. I hasnt try this solution yet but thanks for figuring this out. I was going to just recreate some of the arenas again but this might save the time & trouble.

• Like 1