Basic informations if you have troubles with mods

noobmodder

Hello everyone!

As I browse the forum I have stumbled over forums posts where people ask for help because a mod they use does not work as it should.

Based on my own experience and what modders like @JManny answer: Make sure you have no dublication of files.

I will extend this further:

As you know I also have created some mods (you find them in the wwe2k19 creation section, for PC) and while working on them I was lazy and created folders

within the folder structure of the game to safe the original files for backup. Because most games would ignore a folder the normaly does not belong to the

original folder structure, right?

Not so WWE2k19 (probably no WWE2k game)

So what happened was that the game was reading out the folder and so the files within, causing that some modifications sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

The conclusion of this is:

Regardless if you are a mod creator or you just use the created mods, keep order to the games folder structure!

Save the original files, but do this OUTSIDE the original folder structure!

Make sure you don't have any dublications of any files!

I hope this helps!

Yes, always have backups outside the game folder.

Note that if you install your .pac file mods exclusively into the \mods\ folder (like CCT does, for example) you won't have to backup your original .pac files, as CCT will install all the mods into the \mods\ folder, give them priority (by recreating the .def file) and leave the originals intact.

• Like 1