How do people create custom arenas?

somerandodude

Sup, sorry if this was asked before, but i couldn't find any questions similar to this. So im not really a modder never done it, cause i buy my 2k games on xbox not pc, but been watching mod videos and checking out mod sites since 2k18 and recently i saw Titavius make a beautiful recreation of the new smackdown set, and it got me wondering what tools/programs are used to make them(The arenas/arena parts)? Am i just not gettng it? I have found nothing on google/youtube/mod sites like smacktalks or 2kmodz. I understand its for more experienced and skilled modders but id just like to know.

Arena Modding is by far the most stupidly, complicated thing that WILL take you beyond years to understand. The arena modders charge a lot of money because it's just bullshit. Yukes are AWFUL developers. The objects are split up, shared, cut up, etc. Then you have to program your Misc_arena file to select which assets in to load. IT's just totally not worth it. I've tried countless times.

But if you were to take the 1+ year time to takes to learn, 3DS Max/X-Rey/X-Packer are required. All need purchase

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answers!

2 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Arena Modding is by far the most stupidly, complicated thing that WILL take you beyond years to understand. The arena modders charge a lot of money because it's just bullshit. Yukes are AWFUL developers. The objects are split up, shared, cut up, etc. Then you have to program your Misc_arena file to select which assets in to load. IT's just totally not worth it. I've tried countless times.

But if you were to take the 1+ year time to takes to learn, 3DS Max/X-Rey/X-Packer are required. All need purchase

2 hours ago, Piper said:

This the only thing they have that can get you a understanding on how arena modding works

https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/Arena_Modding

I'm also learning myself but theres no video tutorial on arenas modding unfortunately

Ty!

• Like 1