Question: How to add custom dlc characters on SVR 2011? [XBOX360]

Hollywood Akeem

Okay here we go again! 

On and off I've been spending a large amount of my free time understanding how modding an SVR game on the Xbox 360 works. I've found out that tutorials for the PlayStation 2 version of the game work very well on the Ps3 version and the Xbox 360 version, leading up to SVR 2010. SVR 2011 on the Xbox 360 is different somehow. For example, in misc.pac, when attempting changes to attire slots in the memory view, nothing will happen. It turns out that there is a same exact area in the memory view of the pac file that has the same exact attire information and you need to edit the second one instead of the first one (according to an archived post from tekken57's tutorial that I dug up from wayback machine). However, that also doesn't seem to work. Fine.

So instead of adding alternate attires to superstars, I've instead tried to add the attires I want as standalone DLC. However,  a big issue in this is that there's not a single tutorial on this for Xbox360! Again, chances are, that the PS2 tutorial I found for this game will work on svr 2010 or below on the XB360 and on the ps3, but not on svr 2011. I've tried using tutorials made for 2k14, and they work well up until I have to change and edit the pofo in the savedata.dat file, as the method for 2k14 differentiates significantly from 2011. This is last ditch effort before I honestly give up modding this game in particular. So if anyone could direct me to a tutorial on how to add superstars to the "Downloaded Superstars" section on the Xbox 360 version of SVR 2011, that'd be great! 😎👍

Edited by Hollywood Akeem
no regerts

I've had a little bit of success messing around with this from the information I've found.  For the P0F0 file I've found that I can open the extracted 2011 save file with x-packer version 8, but not the new one.  I didn't see an option to set as dlc, so what I did was imported Bret Harts P0FO (since he is dlc) and then edit whatever information I wanted.  Then I edited the dlc catalog file using x-packer, but my issue is I can only do one character per dlc file.  Sometimes when I make changes to the arc, the game freezes also.  I pretty much followed 2k14 tutorials and applied it to this game but I feel like there is probably a much more efficient way to do it than what I'm doing.

egYecpz.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, yumboy11 said:

I've had a little bit of success messing around with this from the information I've found.  For the P0F0 file I've found that I can open the extracted 2011 save file with x-packer version 8, but not the new one.  I didn't see an option to set as dlc, so what I did was imported Bret Harts P0FO (since he is dlc) and then edit whatever information I wanted.  Then I edited the dlc catalog file using x-packer, but my issue is I can only do one character per dlc file.  Sometimes when I make changes to the arc, the game freezes also.  I pretty much followed 2k14 tutorials and applied it to this game but I feel like there is probably a much more efficient way to do it than what I'm doing.

egYecpz.png

Sweet thats cool that you were able to do that! I didn't even think of using Xpacker 8! Just so I could understand, did you achieve this by going to the "extracted save data pofo" tab or just the "pofo" tab?

which-pofo.png

Im asking this because I succesfully edited the values in "extracted save data pofo" using xpacker 8, but I haven't been able to add the imported character into the dlc section. So far i took chis masters pofo (a dlc character) from the save data (cuz i dont have the bret hart dlc), and have edited it according to the character I want. (Im doing chris jerico's svr 09 attire and I'm storing it to Wrestler ID 320). I configure the values according to how i want them and then I inject it to the 320 slot in the extracted save file. However, when I start the game, and go to the dlc category in the superstar select menu, nothing is there. I then check the superstar managment menu to see if the character is registered but not appearing in the superstar menu (I know this can be possible because I've had success with unlocking NPC's that are not visible in the character select screen, but are visible in the superstar management screen). However, I dont see another 'Chris Jericho' in the menu. 

I just to say that I did all the prerequisite stuff prior to looking in the savedata.dat file. I made a seperate pac file for ch320 and i updated the arcs. I also edited plist360.h and I wrote pac\ch\ch320.pac into the registry. 

plisth.png

I had to write pac\ch\ch320.pac after pac\evt\WinningA.pac becuase if i wrote it directly before pac\ch\ch321.pac (in chronilogical order), the game would freeze before the save select screen. 

What I do is select Xbox 360 extracted save file, from there I can double click on any superstar name to edit.  From what I read about what you've done, the character isn't showing up because you are not creating a dlc file with an edited catalog file.  I just take the Bret Hart dlc and make a new version of it with the id of the slot I'm adding.  For some reason I need a new one every time I add a character.  I would work on this more, but since the SVR11 save editor is gone, I can't assign any entrances to custom dlc characters.  I really wanted to add a lot of characters but without entrances, I might just focus on SVR10.

Edited by yumboy11
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, yumboy11 said:

What I do is select Xbox 360 extracted save file, from there I can double click on any superstar name to edit.  From what I read about what you've done, the character isn't showing up because you are not creating a dlc file with an edited catalog file.  I just take the Bret Hart dlc and make a new version of it with the id of the slot I'm adding.  For some reason I need a new one every time I add a character.  I would work on this more, but since the SVR11 save editor is gone, I can't assign any entrances to custom dlc characters.  I really wanted to add a lot of characters but without entrances, I might just focus on SVR10.

Could you explain what you mean by "catalog file". Because if im understanding correctly, you're saying that im not taking a pofo file thats registered as a dlc character. Correct? If so, that is exactly what I did. Chris masters is a DLC character like bret hart. I used him as a substitute because I dont have brett. I edited chris master's pofo file and changed the Wrestler id to 320. I also changed the name from CHRIS MASTERS to CHRIS JERICHO. I changed the height to 1.81, and playable from "NO" to "YES". Now for the menu sort number, i left the same because I dont beleive that really matters. 

chisssss.png

PS. You said previously that using bret's attire only lets you have one attire slot. John cena is also dlc and he has two attire slots. Have you tried John Cena as a working base?

No I'm not saying you made any errors with pofo, I'm saying you need a dlc file for you custom character to show in game.  For example, if you look at my screenshot, next to the divas tab you will see the character is locked.  That slot is Paul Bearer.  I injected Bret's pofo over his, then I edited the pofo back to it's original stat and id.  Basically I changed him to be recognized as dlc.  However he will not be able to be selected until I create a dlc file that allows access to him.  Use this link and go to the editing catalog section.   It's for 2k14 but the same idea applies to 2011.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yumboy11 said:

No I'm not saying you made any errors with pofo, I'm saying you need a dlc file for you custom character to show in game.  For example, if you look at my screenshot, next to the divas tab you will see the character is locked.  That slot is Paul Bearer.  I injected Bret's pofo over his, then I edited the pofo back to it's original stat and id.  Basically I changed him to be recognized as dlc.  However he will not be able to be selected until I create a dlc file that allows access to him.  Use this link and go to the editing catalog section.   It's for 2k14 but the same idea applies to 2011.

Ok thanks Im going give it a look right now. I'll you if it works!

EDIT: So I was able to add characters to the dlc file. In Le Fluffie, in the ch folder, instead of injecting it in a used slot, you can just drag and drop another file in the folder. You will just have to make sure that the dlc file says chxxx_dlc0x.pac and then rebuild in the general tab. Also, where it says "No of additional files in dlc", you will then have to add the number of files +1 (what ever the value is +1) in catalog.dlc. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

PS. I haven't tried to add another attire, but i think you may need to update the dlc arc files for that.  Nope you were right. Updating the arcs in the info folder causes crashes. Also I haven't checked it, but I found this tut for editing the entrences for wrestlers. http://smackdownvsrawmods.blogspot.com/p/tutz-by-jarniboi.html

Edited by Hollywood Akeem

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, Hollywood Akeem said:

EDIT: So I was able to add characters to the dlc file. In Le Fluffie, in the ch folder, instead of injecting it in a used slot, you can just drag and drop another file in the folder. You will just have to make sure that the dlc file says chxxx_dlc0x.pac and then rebuild in the general tab. Also, where it says "No of additional files in dlc", you will then have to add the number of files +1 (what ever the value is +1) in catalog.dlc. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

PS. I haven't tried to add another attire, but i think you may need to update the dlc arc files for that.  Nope you were right. Updating the arcs in the info folder causes crashes. Also I haven't checked it, but I found this tut for editing the entrences for wrestlers. http://smackdownvsrawmods.blogspot.com/p/tutz-by-jarniboi.html

for svr2011 there is no full tutorial to how to add characters to the dlc if you make one i will thankful for you

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:49 PM, MKKHAN said:

for svr2011 there is no full tutorial to how to add characters to the dlc if you make one i will thankful for you

Yeah it will be awesome if it could be done 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...