PC: a good GPU to play in 4k 60fps

SwitchedHazuki

Hey Guys! 

Right now i am playing on an nvidia 1050ti and it runs allright in 1080p 60 fps but in 4k it plays in slow motion. 

I consider to Upgrade my GPU, so which one will be the right one without beeing too expensive, because i really only need it for 2k19...

Thanks in advance 😉 

The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (and the RTX Titan if one chooses to consider that a consumer/gaming card) are pretty much the only video cards that do 3840x2160@60FPS on the market right now in WWE 2k19 (and most modern games). But even that isn't completely stutter free on maximum settings and framerate can dip lower here and there. For WWE 2k20 it seems to be a lot better, though, as that game doesn't appear to be nearly as demanding.
That's an incredibly expensive video card though and the rest of your system will have specced out accordingly for it to reach it's potential, too.

The RTX 2080 Super is the next step down, but there's a rather big performance gap there already and it isn't really suitable for 4K@60FPS. It might be a better idea to go for a solid 2560x1440 video card like the AMD Radeon 5700 XT or GeForce RTX 2070 Series and matching 2560x1440 Monitor instead or wait until later in the year when Big Navi will hopefully bring some competition in the segment, Nvidia might counter with Ampere and prices might fall to make 4K gaming affordable.
Another option might be to go with two RTX 2080s or 2070s or even GTX 1080 Tis in SLI or 2x Radeon 5700 XT in Crossfire mode, but I'm not sure how well these scale and with driver and software support for SLI/Crossfire dwindling in the past couple of years  and you'll certainly have to do some profile tweaking to get it working halfway decent, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Better to get the best single GPU card you can afford.

• Thanks 1