Misc.pac not changing anything. (Xbox 360)

Hollywood Akeem

I've spent about six hours trying to understand why whenever I changed the properties in misc.pac, the attires seemed to have no effect in the character select menu. For example, the image below shows the superstar id CH104 (Chris Jericho). Chris Jericho only has 2 attires therefore the value underlined in the image is originally "02". I changed it to "04" to add two attires. I then save and transfer it to my Xbox. However, when I startup Svr 2011, Jericho still only has two attires. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or am I missing a step?

hex.png

Edited by Hollywood Akeem

Notice how after the 09 string, there are six zeros followed by what should be 8 capitol F's. Then you have 11 as the name for the 2nd attire, well six zeros after that should be 8 more F's, and so on for every attire. This unlocks the attires, you aren't seeing them because they are locked.

ulQzXvg.png

Your section for Jericho to have 4 attires (using the strings you used for attire names) should look like this :)

• Yes! 1

14 hours ago, xtremebrett said:

Notice how after the 09 string, there are six zeros followed by what should be 8 capitol F's. Then you have 11 as the name for the 2nd attire, well six zeros after that should be 8 more F's, and so on for every attire. This unlocks the attires, you aren't seeing them because they are locked.

ulQzXvg.png

Your section for Jericho to have 4 attires (using the strings you used for attire names) should look like this :)

Thanks for the tip 😀. I tried this and unfortunately no avail. Just to see what would happen, I literally replaced everything (only the attires) with zeros and it had no effect to the game. Game booted normal and showed the same amount of attires. I don't know if I'm missing a step or something.

zeroHxd.png 

Are you sure you're editing the correct misc pac? I'm not sure about 360, but I know on PS3 there is a "game" and "GAMES" folder. On PS3, you need to edit the one within the "game" folder. Also with that section full of zeros, are you able to play as any of the people you replaced with zeros?

Edited by xtremebrett

On 1/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, xtremebrett said:

Are you sure you're editing the correct misc pac? I'm not sure about 360, but I know on PS3 there is a "game" and "GAMES" folder. On PS3, you need to edit the one within the "game" folder. Also with that section full of zeros, are you able to play as any of the people you replaced with zeros?

For the Xbox 360 version of svr 2011, there is only one misc.pac file. And yes, I just tried with all the zeros, I can still play as people with alt attires. For example, randy Orton has 4 attires (3 alts). Not only was I able access his referee attire in the character select menu, but I was also able to play as him with no issues. My guess is that I might need to update my arc files after editing misc.pac, or there's a similar area in the pac file that has the same exact attire information. Another guess could be that I need to uncompress misc.pac before editing it in hex editor as I read I had to do that (although it was a tutorial for 2k14). 

Edit: welp updating misc.pac's offsets in plist.arc soft locks the game from booting up.

• 1 month later...

Okay I found out why it wasn't working. If you have dlc, then its using the misc.pac file from there. Let me explain. When you have dlc, is contains a new misc pac file thats similar the the previous one, but has the dlc wrestler ID intstalled. I edited that one to give batista four attires and behold, it worked. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Ok I have checked out the dlc and I find it but after I edit that misc file how to I use the dlc 

I extract the dlc misc with horizon on desktop

Edit it with hxd 

Add attire to arc

Edit the misc in xpacker

Is that all

• 10 months later...

i dont understand about this misc.pac  i remove all DLC from my xbox and add 4 attire to kane and edit the game misc.pac because the DLC misc.pac not responding even if i edit that one 

the misc.pac of game accept kane 4 attire but now i am trying for other characters its not working any help 

i did that in wwe13 in 3rd DLC and it work in 2k14 the misc01_Start.pac in game folder also working fine but whats wrong with this 
i try edit in HxD and  also x-packer but where i am wrong kane 4 attire still working 

7 hours ago, MKKHAN said:

i dont understand about this misc.pac  i remove all DLC from my xbox and add 4 attire to kane and edit the game misc.pac because the DLC misc.pac not responding even if i edit that one 

the misc.pac of game accept kane 4 attire but now i am trying for other characters its not working any help 

i did that in wwe13 in 3rd DLC and it work in 2k14 the misc01_Start.pac in game folder also working fine but whats wrong with this 
i try edit in HxD and  also x-packer but where i am wrong kane 4 attire still working 

it takes info from the last dlc. if you installed unofficial dlc, that counts (for example, dlc4). You have to edit dc 4's misc.pac, but update the original arc, not the dlc's arc. Also make sure that you're doing this to a non dlc character. I have no idea how to give dlc characters extra attires.

I have remove all official DLC and make my own without misc.pac or arc file in my DLC1 /2/3/4 all just the catalog file so that means I just need to edit the original misc.pac in the game 

I did that as I told it's just allowed me one time for kane make his 4 attire after that I add batista and triple h and undertaker 4 attire also edit the misc.pac but they are just like same 

2 minutes ago, MKKHAN said:

I have remove all official DLC and make my own without misc.pac or arc file in my DLC1 /2/3/4 all just the catalog file so that means I just need to edit the original misc.pac in the game 

I did that as I told it's just allowed me one time for kane make his 4 attire after that I add batista and triple h and undertaker 4 attire also edit the misc.pac but they are just like same 

so you added the attires, and even unlocked them as well? Because once you increase the the amount of attires a character has, in the same pac file, you need to unlock it as mentioned above. If you did all that without anything working, then I'm sorry my friend, I don't know how to help.

this is the misc link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtda07oa5zwxhcx/misc.pac/file

NhbVWUd.jpg

kane is working with 4 attire but undertaker / batista/ triple h not if any one have the good misc.pac with 4 attire of these superstars so please upload it because i start all my progress again by removing all svr2011 game all dlc every thing and re install the game again and no luck so i copy the old misc and it still working for kane 

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY 

thanks to @yumboy11 for helping me to add renders and let me know about misc.pac how to add additional attire now i have to remove or change some of added characters in DLC tab  but still love his svr2011 game and will wait for full edition of his game

Edited by MKKHAN