10 minutes ago, cdiebold1 said:

Oh, I can afford it - I simply choose to spend my money with other modders. I offered you a possible explanation for your lack of comments and feedback and I struck a nerve apparently. You'll get over it. I'm glad that you'll continue make your mods for yourself - that's what this is all about. Make what you like, share what you want, keep on trucking. 

That's fine if you want to choose someone else. A lot of people PM me asking for shit and I redirect them to other people who can do the job they want better such as Breeze, CaW Life or Joe. I came into this knowing that most people prefer "2K Wrestler" mods so I'm not expecting to blow up huge, but I'm trying to change the wheel, you know? I'm one of the few people actually doing full mesh imports instead of "Dolph Ziggler updated attire"; no offense to those people. I just think this game needs a breath of new life.

I'm just fed up because sometimes it feels like people don't know the work it takes to do this kind of stuff.

Look at Super Smash. They make mods of every known character in fictional existence. Why can't we have that? It's taken 10+ years of Tekken researching and programming to get to the point we are at of custom meshes. And that's fine, i've paid him for his softwares because this had been my dream for years.

Importing those custom meshes is way harder than shrink wrapping a 2K Head to CM Punk UFC head for example, and then texturing the rest of a 2K body to match. There's rigging, UV Mapping, so much more. 

I want us to have mods that make people take this game to a whole new height of fun again, and not just a simple old boring wrestling game. I know there's more potential.

9 minutes ago, Titavius said:

How about.. this is a hobby. Yall want money, go get a job 😂

Pro wrestling is a hobby for most indie wrestlers too. Guess what? They want paid. No different.

Photography is a hobby for most photographers. Guess what? They want paid. No different.

If someone puts in hard work, they want something in return. Whether it's a pat on the back or a thank you

That's all I want. Gratitude. "Nice Work!" "Good job!"....not silence.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Importing those custom meshes is way harder than shrink wrapping a 2K Head to CM Punk UFC head for example, and then texturing the rest of a 2K body to match. There's rigging, UV Mapping, so much more. 

as someone who ports and shrink wraps, shrink wrapping is definitely the harder of the 2. especially making it look decent with shrink wraps. Id prefer to simply port heads but those dam animations lol either way whatever happens here hope to see more mods :)

also find it legit strange that people prefer alt attires over what we do lol but then again its been like that for mine from the jump

Edited by CaW Life
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CaW Life said:

as someone who ports and shrink wraps, shrink wrapping is definitely the harder of the 2. especially making it look decent with shrink wraps. Id prefer to simply port heads but those dam animations lol either way whatever happens here hope to see more mods :)

also find it legit strange that people prefer alt attires over what we do lol but then again its been like that for mine from the jump

Both are hard work and both should be greeted with gratitude either way

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, straight edge subhasis said:

Yes we would always ask alt attires with better faces . So many people loved the cm punk face of @BRONXBX . He nailed it wanna see that with hair 

Different heads is another story. We were referring to just attire swaps/retextures when this game is capable of so much more. and Thanks for downloading MVP

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, straight edge subhasis said:

I am really amazed by the work you did . Also bruce lee looks great . But also I specifically would love to see some rvd attires that never made before . With great textures . My opinion . So does for other wrestlers . Your mvp looks great i also use that as alt attire . Still you did a great job . ❤❤

Thank you, i very much appreciate that. I hope I make more people that interest you. If you want SvR RVD, you can always send me an order request ;)

Anyways, I was doing some thinking and I created a few scripts and tools to speed up the last-gen porting workflow for myself, so I've decided to make the Divas free since they'll be easy to make. And probably all last-gen ports I do. Therefore, MICHELLE MCCOOL ADDED TO FIRST POST!

However... this next preview is PATREON EXCLUSIVE. It ate up practically my whole day to make! Animated eyes and mouth, beautiful MR work (IMO) and plays nearly perfectly. Two wrestler yobjs, one 2K hair yobj and a 40mb texture archive. Whew.

TEKKEN 7 - NEGAN PREVIEW

2020-02-18-23-19.png
2020-02-18-23-05.png
2020-02-18-23-06.png
2020-02-18-23-07.png
2020-02-18-23-07-01.png

• Like 3
  • Woo 1

So we had already this problem months ago. I'm not sure but It's not permitted to sell the creation but you can Ask a commission under payment. But I'm not sure about this. Anyway you are free to do what you want, that's true but doesn't Mean that the community agree with that. 

• Like 3
  • Yes! 1

5 hours ago, DFM85 said:

So we had already this problem months ago. I'm not sure but It's not permitted to sell the creation but you can Ask a commission under payment. But I'm not sure about this. Anyway you are free to do what you want, that's true but doesn't Mean that the community agree with that. 

That's how Patreon gets around it. I'm not selling any products, I am asking for donations and in-return you get access to my Patreon page. Nothing there is actually being "sold". The payment unlocks the page content. That's it. Same with commissions. You aren't buying the model from me, you are buying the service of creating it.

There's nothing illegal about it, there's tons of modding pages on Patreon for Farming Simulation, Sims, Skyrim, etc. If the community doesn't wanna pay for a said mod, they don't have to. It's up to them if they really want it or not. But the hard work that goes into these requires something in return, even if it's just a pat on the back.

Edited by Pepsiguy2

6 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

That's how Patreon gets around it. I'm not selling any products, I am asking for donations and in-return you get access to my Patreon page. Nothing there is actually being "sold". The payment unlocks the page content. That's it. Same with commissions. You aren't buying the model from me, you are buying the service of creating it.

There's nothing illegal about it, there's tons of modding pages on Patreon for Farming Simulation, Sims, Skyrim, etc. If the community doesn't wanna pay for a said mod, they don't have to. It's up to them if they really want it or not. But the hard work that goes into these requires something in return, even if it's just a pat on the back.

Hi. I've been modding games, including porting models, for over 20 years.

Just for the record, you're not creating  anything original; You're porting existing models. This, in and of itself, is illegal. It's rarely worth the owners' legal attention, but we all blatantly ignore EULAs with ports. Real people made the Negan model, a real company owns it, and you're not allowed to use it to make money. It's really exceedingly simple in the case of porting.
That said, Patreon has rules about this and yours will likely be shut down if reported.
Those others you've mentioned either use original assets, or are waiting to be flagged for removal.

Also, this idea of "Modding as a Service" is disgusting.
Has "...as a service" ever been used to justify anything that wasn't? You're taking models from other games and plopping in a skeleton from a different game; not trying to sneak Loot Boxes into the EU.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

55 minutes ago, Emperor Doom said:

Hi. I've been modding games, including porting models, for over 20 years.

Just for the record, you're not creating  anything original; You're porting existing models. This, in and of itself, is illegal. It's rarely worth the owners' legal attention, but we all blatantly ignore EULAs with ports. Real people made the Negan model, a real company owns it, and you're not allowed to use it to make money. It's really exceedingly simple in the case of porting.
That said, Patreon has rules about this and yours will likely be shut down if reported.
Those others you've mentioned either use original assets, or are waiting to be flagged for removal.

Also, this idea of "Modding as a Service" is disgusting.
Has "...as a service" ever been used to justify anything that wasn't? You're taking models from other games and plopping in a skeleton from a different game; not trying to sneak Loot Boxes into the EU.

Buy or don't. I don't care.  It's no difference than selling a task on Fiverr...

I'm gonna keep making mods for me, and release the ones I feel are worth it.

All Patreon pages need to be manually approved by the admins before launch, and mine was so...clearly they have no issue. 👍

Man, times like this that Ignore button really comes in handy.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

A- Buy or don't. I don't care.  It's no difference than selling a task on Fiverr...

B- I'm gonna keep making mods for me, and release the ones I feel are worth it.

C- All Patreon pages need to be manually approved by the admins before launch, and mine was so...clearly they have no issue. 👍

Man, times like this that Ignore button really comes in handy.

A) It is quite different; But I suspect you already know that, having used the word "Buy" instead of "Support" or somesuch.

B) Good on you! I don't think anyone is discouraging this; Just reminding you that charging money for model ports is illegal and a middle finger to the community.

C) Turns out, not all Patreon admins are experts on game modding. Seems you slipped by because your Patreon doesn't explicitly say "I stole these models" (which is what we're doing)

All that aside, there's a very good reason this type of stuff gets you ostracized by almost every modding community...
Since the dawn of video game modding, there's been an unwritten agreement between the modders and game developers: "Devs won't attack modders/mods, so long as they're not making money off the dev's assets."
Every once in a while you'll get a dev actually giving the 'Okay' (IE, Microsoft saying that Master Chief can be ported to the PS3 version of UT3), but the other 99.999% of modding communities are one C&D e-mail away from being shut down; This one included.
Feel free to google just how many mods/modding communities have disappeared because of this.

TL;DR: Please don't go out of your way to screw it up for all of us because you think you're owed something.
Especially when you're just starting to come into your own with character model ports.

Edited by Emperor Doom
Formatting issue
  • Like 1
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Bruce Lee added to first post for free. If I find my shit's getting shared without credit it goes back behind a paywall.

Just credit me if you use it in a video or some shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 2

Negan added to OP. I'm uploading to OneDrive now. No Patreon exclusives, but if I see my mods being stolen/etc I'm gonna remove them individually. Please donate to me if you feel my work is worth it. Thanks. 

DEATHSTROKE PREVIEW:

2020-02-20-00-01-01.png
2020-02-20-00-21.png
2020-02-20-01-04.png

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

10 hours ago, KidRockHallOfFame said:

Will you release Victoria ? 

Probably not, it was a buggy as shit test. I'll re-do her in the future. I plan to do more Divas.

6 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Good on you. 

It's also the fact that also I want to share my mods, but if nobody wants to donate than nobody's gonna get them...so what's the point in sharing then?

4 hours ago, DoubleAgent74 said:

Deathstroke looks amazing.  Did you pull the model from somewhere else or did you sculpt it yourself?

Arkham Origins

Edited by Pepsiguy2

27 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

It's also the fact that also I want to share my mods, but if nobody wants to donate than nobody's gonna get them...so what's the point in sharing then?

I can see your point. I can talk for myself. All I do here Is for fun. I share all my content for free, I don't Ask anything for It, but if someone Ask to me for something that Is not in my plans, then I do It only under a commission. This Is what you have to do if you want Money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DFM85 said:

I can see your point. I can talk for myself. All I do here Is for fun. I share all my content for free, I don't Ask anything for It, but if someone Ask to me for something that Is not in my plans, then I do It only under a commission. This Is what you have to do if you want Money.

I didn't realize how small and tight-knit this modding community was, because what I'm trying to do is breathe new life into this game. Me and Tekken57 have been having discussions about how custom mesh import is making 2K19 the new "MUGEN", and hopefully it will become one of "the" PC fighting games to mod. The base game already has an insane amount of customization over any other combat game. 

• Too Sweet 1

itll def be like MUGEN we keep putting these other game people in lmao. I feel you tho, when i started in 18 with my non wrestlers i was kinda outcast by alot. got alot of "why even make that" or "nobody wants non wrestlers just stop" type shit. Then i started teaching them how to do shit and that stopped real quick lmao I hated this community for a bit because of the tight lipped or exclusive bullshit that went on. Shitt still does on a smaller scale, but all in all I still stayed here over Fallout and Skyrim lol 

gonna have to change your tag soon tho lol once we get them face import slots perfect 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CaW Life said:

I feel you tho, when i started in 18 with my non wrestlers i was kinda outcast by alot. got alot of "why even make that" or "nobody wants non wrestlers just stop" type shit. 

gonna have to change your tag soon tho lol once we get them face import slots perfect 

It's funny cuz that's the shit that's on top of CC. Spider-Man, Batman, Joker CAWs etc. It's crazy. But on forums you get driven out with pitchforks.

And yeah, we're close to getting good anims soon. At least I can do mouth anim now!

• Like 2
  • Woo 1