Can't figure out how to mod the game.

KyotoCarl

I'm new to the series but is a long-time wrestling fan. Got 2K19 a week ago and it's my first wrestling game since the Super Nintendo days. 
I just can't wrap my head around how to install mods though. I've read through this guide https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_Mods and gone through the basic steps but it talks about: "To reiterate, all three of the chXXXYZ.pac, .pofo and .moveset files each using the same matching Wrestler ID have to be installed for a mod to work properly.". I was looking through matt2282p's thread with all his legends and click the links I just find the .pac files. How would I go about installing wrestlers, movesets, entrances and music?

Edited by KyotoCarl

Ok, at least you started reading the wiki. That's always a good idea. In the wiki is also explained what a pofo/movesets file is and what it contains. I hope you read that as well.

There are 2 really mighty tools available that  help you out.

Data Editor is for creating or modify pofo/movesets and CCT is for injecting pofo/movesets and pac files in the game.

Download both from this forum but don't forget to leave a big thank you in their threads.

Data Editor comes with template pofo/movesets. You can change one of the template pofo/movesets to mach the mod you want to install.

Another way is to download a caw from cc and load their pofo/movesets with the help of CCT into Data Editor. Make neccesary changes and inject it back in the Game with cct.

There are also some people who shared there pofo/movesets in this forum. But it's not really organized, you have to use the forum search to find them.

To help you out, i can also offer to share my savegame  with you. I have pofo/movesets for nearly all mods from matt installed. But i only care about the so called golden era of Wrestling. That means i have removed everything else from my game.

I don't know if you bought the game with dlc, you need at least the new moves dlc or you game won't load my savegame.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kim666 said:

Ok, at least you started reading the wiki. That's always a good idea. In the wiki is also explained what a pofo/movesets file is and what it contains. I hope you read that as well.

There are 2 really mighty tools available that  help you out.

Data Editor is for creating or modify pofo/movesets and CCT is for injecting pofo/movesets and pac files in the game.

Download both from this forum but don't forget to leave a big thank you in their threads.

Data Editor comes with template pofo/movesets. You can change one of the template pofo/movesets to mach the mod you want to install.

Another way is to download a caw from cc and load their pofo/movesets with the help of CCT into Data Editor. Make neccesary changes and inject it back in the Game with cct.

There are also some people who shared there pofo/movesets in this forum. But it's not really organized, you have to use the forum search to find them.

To help you out, i can also offer to share my savegame  with you. I have pofo/movesets for nearly all mods from matt installed. But i only care about the so called golden era of Wrestling. That means i have removed everything else from my game.

I don't know if you bought the game with dlc, you need at least the new moves dlc or you game won't load my savegame.

Thank you very much for the help! I've read through the whole wiki on it but I guess what threw me off was that whenever I found a character mod, either on this site or another, it was always just the .pac file and never the other pofo/movesets ones, so I thought I was missing something. I'm gonna do a search for them and see what I can find, since you said it is a bit disogranized here.

I've managed to use the sound editor to load in a custom entrance song though, so I know understand how that works at least. 

I'd love to take you up on your offer of the savegame. Thus far, in Universe Mode, i've just played with all the legends, so I'm also interested in the 80's and 90's wrestlers so it seems like what you have is right up my alley :). I wanna do a Universe Mode with old school wrestlers with correct entrances, movesets, etc.

Ok, here is my savegame

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xlsmh6

extract the 817130 folder into \Steam\SteamApps\userdata\<YourSteamUserId>\ 

extract the replaced_data.xml file into your CCT folder. This file stores the information where i have the mods installed. You must install your mods in the same slots.

Edited by kim666
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, kim666 said:

Ok, here is my savegame

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9oxdfi

extract the replaced_data.xml file into your CCT folder. This file stores the information where i have the mods installed. You must install your mods in the same slots.

That's very nice of you! Thank you very much!

I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow and try to get everything working!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 6:15 AM, kim666 said:

Ok, here is my savegame

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xlsmh6

Thank you for sharing your files as a starting point. I keep coming back to the tutorials and check out the mods but just feel overwhelmed and therefore never get started. Your file contains two folders: movesets and pofos. 

Where can we find the 817130 and xml files you mention? Do we use yours (not included in the upload?) or our own?

• Yes! 1

Thanks. I'll give it a try, even though I know it means I'm venturing down another never-ending hole of editing and tweaking! I can't ever imagine getting all entrances, teams, names, strings, and music set for a "complete" roster.

Maybe at some point this will replace the awesome Legends mod for Xbox 360. 

Edited by kidsampson